Game-Labs Forum

Question about paints/suggestions READ ADMIN

A few people were wondering if paints would be added back in the new Unity V update and I have a few suggestions about obtaining paint. I say paint should be somewhat easy to obtain as it does not provide any benefit towards sailing. If it is not easy to obtain maybe certain perks could be added to different paints so players participate in some type of mini-game that gives out paint rewards otherwise players will not bother attending. :D

Paints would actually be none combat rewards for Port Battles and PvP players, but the rumor is they are doing something with paints that will make them like ship knowledge slots, once you learn it you can just pick which one, but like I said it was just a rumor or comment.   Though would be nice if we had them in game right now cause a lot of ships look to much the same.

I like the idea of paints being some sort of redeemable/reward for active game play but also reasonably easily obtainable for players who aren't focused on PVP.

Paints were a very nice touch. My wife was going through treatment for Breast cancer last year and loved that I had most of my ships with pink paints. In NZ, pink ribbons are a symbol for Breast Cancer society. This also helped to excuse all the time I was playing as I was "hunting for more pink paints for my ships dear" :-)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zorg the Merciless said:

I like the idea of paints being some sort of redeemable/reward for active game play but also reasonably easily obtainable for players who aren't focused on PVP.

Paints were a very nice touch. My wife was going through treatment for Breast cancer last year and loved that I had most of my ships with pink paints. In NZ, pink ribbons are a symbol for Breast Cancer society. This also helped to excuse all the time I was playing as I was "hunting for more pink paints for my ships dear" :-)

ytho.jpg

5 hours ago, Zorg the Merciless said:

I made all my boarding ships Pink if they had a pink paint for them.  Just something about beating some one in boarding with a pink ship.  Pink ribbons is the same here and your story is way better than mine, I hope every thing has been going well with her treatment since.  Lost a good friend to breast cancer and she was still very young.   

Something I brought up is to make the 5 slot on a ship special when you unlock it.  Have one paint for that ship you can only get from unlocking the 5th slot.  It basically shows your ship is elite status and if some one captures it the ship keeps that paint until the player changes it.   API files showed an OUTLAW paints for the Heavy Rattler, even if it hasn't been designed yet something like that would fit perfect for the 5th slot reward.  

While I think they can have some paints as PvE rewards too, but they need to give something extra for PvP/RvR cause all the good drops are only in PvE.   You get hardly nothing for PvP.   Remember you can still buy this off any player that wins them. I use to have so many paints for ships I didn't use I would give them away when I made ships for folks.  You might not know what paint you got but it was like my extra little treat for new players.  I was giving out Cerberus and Essex like candy pre-patch to mid level players.