Game-Labs Forum
Norfolk nChance

Hong Kong Typhoon 8 inbound...

Just a quick update. Direct HIT typhoon 10. Quick pic below is from my mates balcony. The Ship was in trouble but eventually made it to the typhoon shelter. Would love a damage mechanic for NA ships staying out in a storm... 

Norfolk.

IMG-20170823-WA0009[2482].jpg

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:08 PM, karacho said:

I would like to have such a balcony.

no idea fella... don't think it matters. If @Inkwants to move it he's more than welcome...

sorry was replying to @Sir Texas Sir

Edited by Norfolk nChance

Sir Texas Sir    3,660
4 hours ago, maturin said:

Apparently the Taiwanese Beaufort Scale goes up to 15.

But what is that compared to the 5 point one we use for Tropical Storms and Hurricans?

Time to go google lol

Sir Texas Sir    3,660

Ok little Typhoon was a level 8 right?  So that puts it at 34-47 knots winds, that kinda pansy but it would be our Tropical Storm.   We are the far right chart. Hurricane Harvey which makes land fall tomorrow is a Cat 3 Hurricane with winds up to 100 knots.   We are more worried about the stupid flooding as we should get over 30" of rain over the weekend.

JZzbcvs.png

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
Had to edit as it's going to be a Cat 3 not 4 by landfall

@Sir Texas Sir was a T8 that was upgraded to T10. The issue with them is the direction... The Philippines usually accts as a buffer for HK by breaking it down to a tropical storm or deflects it up to Taiwan. This one by-passed PHP so was stronger. My first T10 happened 20 years ago after first arriving here. I was sat at my trading desk on the 40th Floor in Central and saw a "Wheelie Dustbin" fly past the window...

My mate lives in Discovery Bay who took most of the hit and Macau (near the airport). He took a follow up pic of the ship in the shelter yesterday. Looks like it was a narrow escape with some structural damage...

I asked him "did you know if it was Bermuda Cedar wood Planking..?" rep[ly was... "... Norf you're a dick..."

@admin way down the road when you've time, would like to see some damage model worked into the NA Storms. Like the lightening on the testbed FYI.

IMG-20170824-WA0000[2521].jpg

Edited by Norfolk nChance

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Ok little Typhoon was a level 8 right?  So that puts it at 34-47 knots winds, that kinda pansy but it would be our Tropical Storm.   We are the far right chart. Hurricane Harvey which makes land fall tomorrow is t Cat 4 Hurricane with winds up to 100 knots.   We are more worried about the stupid flooding as we should get over 30" of rain over the weekend.

JZzbcvs.png

So, TEXAS inbound Hurricane now. @Sir Texas Sir I hope its not a case of anything they can do we can do better... stay safe. 

The difference between an "Intense Tropical Cyclone" and a "Very Intense Tropical Cyclone" is still a very bad hair day... 

Sir Texas Sir    3,660

Yah the one hitting us this weekend is a Cat 3 (I believe that is 12 for ya'll).   It's not that it's hitting us directly, but we are on it's dirty side.  Which last time it hit that area Houston got over 36" of rain and fllooded like crazy and folks where out of power for weeks (only 3 days for me).   We are expected to get 30" this time and it might bounce back when it hit land which means it might comeback in more north towards us.  

If a few of us stop playing over the weekend and nothing is heard this is why....lol

PGxuYaF.png

Edited by Sir Texas Sir