admin

Ship book grid poll

Grid poll  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which grid do you like more

• Option one: 3-3
    • Option two: 4-3

Hey..

Lets to a little vote here. We DO value your opinion - and as usual it will matter in NA Legends. We can't pick one and need your help :)

Which grid do you like more for ship collection book?

Oh wow... I'm kinda astonished by the style you're going for. Looks amazing.

Personally I like the 3 by 3 version better. The work you put into creating EVERY SINGLE ONE of the ships ingame deserves some space. It also just looks smoother IMO.

Though I do wonder what the "Sail" button in the top left will do. Sail to where? Sail to a queue to stand in line with other ships? :D Will find out soon enough I guess.

I honestly think both look pretty fantastic, I'm not fussed which ends up making it because they both look great to me, I like the look of the 4x3 as an arrangement but I prefer the slightly higher resolution giving the nicer little detail of the 3x3.

Win win situation really :D

20 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Though I do wonder what the "Sail" button in the top left will do. Sail to where? Sail to a queue to stand in line with other ships? :D Will find out soon enough I guess.

sail to battle of course. Simple really - you click sail and you are in battle with 1 or 49 other players. 

More is better, eh?

Btw, tell your artists that they are amazing. Truly great! I love the look of these and the other stuff that they have come up with.

There are a lot of great things about Naval Action, but the main selling point for me is no doubt the art.

Both, looking good.

But like the 3-3 a bit more. Ships are not so tiny, more Pages in the Collection-Book more to skip through. More feeling of a Book and not like a Flyer.

10 minutes ago, admin said:

sail to battle of course. Simple really - you click sail and you are in battle with 1 or 49 other players. 

Ah, so so basically a "to battle" button. I've seen you saying that it will first be a matchmaking system putting everyone in queue together in a battle, and then lateron specific settings such as 3v3 are planned.

But I really hope you're also considering adding some sort of a custom battle mode, where players can set up a battle on their preferences (without any rewards), to test things out, such as 10 6th rates vs 2 4th rates etc. :)

Prefer 4x3. When it comes to admiring the art work is one thing and 4x3 are actually same size pictures as 3x3, just less space in between them. But whet selecting a ship becomes a clicking process and you have to scroll pages to find the right ship it gets tiresome. 
In WOT I have so many tanks that I ran 3 level carousel, not just 1.
Or even better, give us an option to choose the format we like in the Settings. You will NEVER go wrong that way ;)

6 minutes ago, koltes said:

Or even better, give us an option to choose the format we like in the Settings. You will NEVER go wrong that way ;)

Oh I bet someone will find fault.

Why not give an option for both, change in settings? 

4x3 will be good for high resolutions like 4k and higher. 3x3 will be better for lower resolution monitors.

Both are quite good.

About the rest of the UI, I think grey colour and that font dont fit too much into the game.

Your design is great, but you could split it up so it provides more overview when you just want to pick your ship and more details when you are interested about a particual ship.

So you could make 2 versions:

overview with all ships in a list and a small pic so that you can quickly pick any ship you like and go into battle.

And then a detailled "ship book", where every ship is on its own page, together with some historic facts about the ship and some gameplay tipps (for example essex: through the shipdesign its hard to turn through the wind. sinks slowly etc...)

Overview like this:

PS4-HEROGALLERY_png_jpgcopy.0.jpg

Detailled page like this:

675a6f9aa45d27a3f5aac83d3e7b5cdf.png

Its only a minor thing tho, so it doesnt make much of a difference. But a place to get more Info about a ship would be nice.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go

I voted of option B, but this would kinda be a nice way to do the ship in docks scroll bar on an new UI for the main game too.  Where you click on your ships in port and see something like this with an image of each ship you own and which you can pick to man.