Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

10 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I like that, always thought wars should be fought on fronts.

Fronts in the traditional sense can not exist. Timeslots need to be taken into account. When that happens you should see 11 fronts or more, depending on time and population.

Until this can be fixed properly no server merge is possible.

10 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I won't say how many, but it wasn't 24 players in that fight

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that your walls of text deliver prove of a pro team with alts being unbeatable?

Yes, like willingness to PvP, the game does not provide mechanics for organisation. But neither does it provide alternatives. (Or did we take them away? ^_^)

22 minutes ago, Bach said:

Actually this all looks pretty good and should solve a number of the RvR and econ issues out there.

A couple tweaks I would recommend added to it:

Make it so the owning clan can, for a Lord of the Port fee option, select a band of time in which the port can be attacked.  So if the Lord Protectors want the defensive port battle to occur in EU time they have to pay and maintain a fee to do so.  This way you can finally merge the servers and everyone is happy.

Im not happy. Probably most of the EU community wont be happy with the return of Lord protector and timers set at 4:00 of the morning.

10 hours ago, IndianaGeoff said:

As far as unfair fights... then why do people take traders in war ships?   That is the essence of unfair.

There is the reason that after the 18th century piracy became a crime against humanity (of sorts). ^_^

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Declaration_Respecting_Maritime_Law

5 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Im not happy. Probably most of the EU community wont be happy with the return of Lord protector and timers set at 4:00 of the morning.

You are absolutely right. :) I'm going back to sleep now as I should have been. I hate night fighting.

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I mean those 1700 other players got to be doing something.

Most likely they are logging in, see that their nation is still in total disarray and then they log off. :(

6 hours ago, admin said:

I like battle escalations and surprises. Both positive (someone joins me) and negative (someone joins you).  
There are only 75 players who actively do pvp daily  (on pvp eu) - get written into a combat chat. From 2000 logins. 
Maybe we gave too much country for old men pvp players??

Maybe the number of people that do pvp daily has fallen drastically over the last year or so. 

Just maybe have the PvP'ers gotten tired of changes turning NA's focus from PvP, to Trading, Crafting and PvE?

Just a thought. :)

@Intrepido

Its not hard to put in factors to enhance game play while allowing occasional work around to the Lord Protector set timers.   Its a bit closed minded to assume there is simply no way to do it. That and I'm pretty sure the EU server didn't actually elect you their spokesman.

If you want to take a port that has a 4am timer, to your time zone, then maybe you need to econ up and out bid the owners for the right to attack it in your time zone.  Adds more dimensions to game play and gets us all on the same server.

4 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

Maybe the number of people that do pvp daily has fallen drastically over the last year or so. 

Just maybe have the PvP'ers gotten tired of changes turning NA's focus from PvP, to Trading, Crafting and PvE?

Just a thought. :)

No, most hard core pvp players, yes I am one, don't find the need to econ much or PVE beyond ship slots in one-3 ships types.  RvR plyers, on the other hand, do need to econ a lot and they form the basis for much of the pvp. When the RvR game died off for various reasons the pvp game died off.   This patch is clearly an attempt at a remedy.  Simply making econ easier wouldn't likely bring life back into RvR just on that one point. But this patch does appear to reduce ship costs and econ sails some.

Edited by Bach

6 minutes ago, Bach said:

No but your just as happy about the 4am flip as the other guy is about the one you imposed.  If you want to take a port that has a 4am timer, to your time zone, then you need to econ up and out bid the owners for the right to attack it in your time zone.  Adds more dimensions to game play and gets us all on the same server.

No need for such unhealthy effort currently in the EU server.

Add more dimensions to your server gameplay and get us all happy in our respective servers.

16 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

No need for such unhealthy effort currently in the EU server.

Add more dimensions to your server gameplay and get us all happy in our respective servers.

I play on the EU server. YOU are the one assuming I do not. You also don't represent me.  The EU server is dying right along side the other one.

1 hour ago, Skully said:

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that your walls of text deliver prove of a pro team with alts being unbeatable?

Yes, like willingness to PvP, the game does not provide mechanics for organisation. But neither does it provide alternatives. (Or did we take them away? ^_^)

Are if a team of 10 guys with one alts makes up a group of 20 in a port battle (just throwing numbers out here, never been that bad) vs 20 guys on the other team.  The 20 individual should have better odds at beating the 10 guys cause they aren't multi tasking and can concentrate more on the task at hand with only the one ship.  This just proves that some one with more organization and team work is going to out play another team that has none no matter the numbers.  It wasn't to hard to figure out the alts in port battles on our side.  They are the guys that most the time are sitting in Cap circle A.  It just means those guys are honestly that disorganized and/or bad.

That still doesn't change the willingness to PvP or play the game no matter what game mechanics they come out with no matter what it's not going to stop that.  Folks now a days just don't fight unless there is a sure win or some great reward.  Than if they can't get that great reward they complain until the devs change the system.  I still think PvP rewards should only be gotten through PvP and RvR Rewards should only be gotten through RvR.  Just like any other game that if you want the Epic Gear you either have to grind the crap out of that Epic Dungeon or buy that gear for extremely high prices from those that grind it.  I'm really hoping they go back more towards the PvP marks system on rewards for PvP/RvR...I'm sorry folks that want to ony PvE should not easily or cheaply be able to get PvP/RvR rewards.

I do understand that we are just 10% of the game and we need the PvE guys and such to make the game go.   More content would be nice.  A reason for them to fight like resources would be nice too.  When we had regional bonus there was reason to fight over certain regions.  When you made those drops and RNG base there was no reason to fight over regions other than for Conquest marks so folks showed up, once you removed that than folks had no reason to show up so it went back to just the hard core RvR guys showing up.  Any one can PvP or RvR so we need to have reason for the average joe/casual player to want to fight and join this part of the game.  Main way to do this is to make the PvP/RvR rewards worth it.  Right now they are not.  So I"m hoping they change that with this patch.

7 hours ago, Christendom said:

Will conquest timers still exist on EU?  Thoughts on combining the servers or allowing players to transfer with xp and items between the 2?

i assume there will be a map wipe also?

No server-merge! no reason to ruin both servers.

3 hours ago, Intrepido said:

A bit dangerous making those pve heavens. I really think we need somekind of signaling perk instead. Going to hunt and you end fighting the same AI you want to avoid is not good.

In this new system the devs are putting on the table for us, PvP players should have little reason to be hanging out near Capital regions (unless to do econ or some missions of their own), so who cares if they're little PvE heavens. I'm perfectly OK with some "high sec" zones that may help with new player retention which, I hope, will lead to more people getting into both OW PvP as well as RvR. It's a better alternative to what we have now which is Capital Camping™ as a commonplace sport. A whole clan of new players on Global was turned off to the game because they couldn't attempt to grow/expand without being clubbed by bored ass old-timers. 

Take the broader view. It's what the devs are trying to do in an attempt to plug some of the holes in this sinking ship. 

40 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This just proves that some one with more organization and team work is going to out play another team that has none no matter the numbers.

Looking back, I saw willingness to fight a greater foe with greater numbers.

As you say BLACK can fight "no matter the numbers", yet BLACK insisted this needed to be "fixed".

Unbalanced fight, yes. Unfair, potentially. British sought the unfair advantage by tossing heaps of scrubs against a pro team.

Grand fighting, most definitely. And a hearty activity for all the mid-level captains (maybe not by rank, but definitely by real experience).

And thus I would say, it needs to be fixed again. The fix did not further either side's goals.

8 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

No server-merge! no reason to ruin both servers.

How will it ruin both servers?

Where is your proof?

If we have lord protector and clans own the ports not the nation just remember that your port can't  be flipped unless it's in your time zone, also you can set friendly clans so you can buddy up with a clan that can help you look after your port when you are not around.

so all this achieves is making the players play together more after all it is a MMO

47 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I still think PvP rewards should only be gotten through PvP and RvR Rewards should only be gotten through RvR.

Empowering the victor leads to the tidal wave problem. Maybe it should be mirrored, PvP rewards through PvE, PvE rewards through PvP.

First it would need to be defined what exactly are PvP, PvE and RvR rewards.

Just now, Rebrall said:

How will it ruin both servers?

Where is your proof?

If we have lord protector and clans own the ports not the nation just remember that your port can't  be flipped unless it's in your time zone, also you can set friendly clans so you can buddy up with a clan that can help you look after your port when you are not around.

so all this achieves is making the players play together more after all it is a MMO

Lord protector has been tested - every brit and american + their mother just set the timers for the US timezone. Proof? - I was there during the nightflips - most my mates only returned when the EU servers were locked and most left due to the insane grind. Proof?? - If global was such a grand idea why then is it lingering with only 115 players online?

3 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Lord protector has been tested - every brit and american + their mother just set the timers for the US timezone. Proof? - I was there during the nightflips - most my mates only returned when the EU servers were locked and most left due to the insane grind. Proof?? - If global was such a grand idea why then is it lingering with only 115 players online?

Players with terrible attitudes 

Just now, Rebrall said:

right.. because americans are so much worse than europeans?

55 minutes ago, Bach said:

I play on the EU server. YOU are the one assuming I do not. You also don't represent me.  The EU server is dying right along side the other one.

Fow how long?

Your pov about a global server doesnt represent the wishes of the hundreds who freely chose the EU server after the split.

7 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

proof

5 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Proof

Ergo, we are not ready yet for a server merge.

Edited by Skully

5 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

Yeah yeah... Probably the ONLY reason... Come on, we arent fools.

8 hours ago, admin said:

Neutral towns will have NPC defenses in port battle if they are attacked

Allow anybody to join on the defense?

As casuals and independents will have buildings there they may want to block a Clan from converting the Neutral Town to a National Town.

14 minutes ago, Skully said:

Looking back, I saw willingness to fight a greater foe with greater numbers.

As you say BLACK can fight "no matter the numbers", yet BLACK insisted this needed to be "fixed".

Unbalanced fight, yes. Unfair, potentially. British sought the unfair advantage by tossing heaps of scrubs against a pro team.

Grand fighting, most definitely. And a hearty activity for all the mid-level captains (maybe not by rank, but definitely by real experience).

And thus I would say, it needs to be fixed again. The fix did not further either side's goals.

I admit we had some good fights out side the ones we got fights with and not just folks tagging and running and we told them bring a proper fleet and we will just fight out side and not inside and they get to keep the port.  As soon as the BR tag was fixed with new Fleet Groups they no longer fought us cause they couldn't beat us in the Port Battles. They honestly should of won PnP, Savannah and the attempt to retake George Town, we weren't expecting to win those fights.

I kinda felt bad for the guys throwing them selves at us cause at that time the Port Battles gave Conquest Marks to the winners so the guys that did nothing and sat in side the port battle got the rewards with none of the risk.  

11 minutes ago, Skully said:

Empowering the victor leads to the tidal wave problem. Maybe it should be mirrored, PvP rewards through PvE, PvE rewards through PvP.

First it would need to be defined what exactly are PvP, PvE and RvR rewards.

Yes the winners of a game or players that do the hard content should get the better rewards.  High Risk High rewards.  You want the cool kids toys you need to play the cool kids game or pay for it.  Just like any other MMO out there.  Hell many of them even lock epic gear from epic dungeons and PvP events to your player so you can't even trade them and the only way to get them is to be involved in the content.  While others allow you to trade as long as you don't activate them on your char and folks make killing off these goods with trade to players that don't want to grind out the gear.  Though with that there should be some cool PvE rewards too.

One thing is make those RvR/PvP rewards none combat rewards.  This would of been a great way to bring back paints.  Port battle winners got a Paint Chest.  PvP guys can turn in PvP points for Pain Chest at chance of random paints.   A few ships would been good too, not the Heavy Rattler cause it's very key for Shallow water port battles.  Though Niagara is an ow PvP ship, that would be a great reward for those points.  The Ingermanland and Wapen isn't key in port battles since the meta is Aggy's and a few connies.  So that could of been another.

The other thing they could make the book drops remain RNG drops for PvE guys, but you can also buy them with your PvP/RvR marks. 

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Yeah yeah... Probably the ONLY reason... Come on, we arent fools.

Well actually as the clan that generally got "night flipped" do you hear me complaining nope, but why would I want to set the time for defense out side of oceanic TZ,

if you are to set a TZ limit just remember it's a clan based defense now not NATIONAL so just bare that in mind,

and if you want to know many reasons why global has issues got to the post by Simon cadet in global news and read my post 

1 minute ago, Bearwall said:

@admin Is there an expected timeframe for release of the patch? and will it include the unity 5 engine?

Yah cause if we are going have to wait another 5 months for this patch while the server is dead like last time we had to wait 4-5 months your going to loose more and more players and I don't think this will be able to get them back.   

We are all ready getting the, "NO reason to RvR the map going to get wiped any way."