Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

Hello Captains

This is a result of this long discussion

We would like to present the final review of the coming features in general (some of which are partially on testbed). 

• Economy tuning
    • Number of trips required for crafting will be drastically reduced
    • Ship prices will be adapted to better suit older costs that included durabilities
    • Combat marks permits and skill book prices will be adapted but some ships will remain rare and expensive
    • Trading resources placement will be improved and demand and supply volumes adapted for new system
  • Hostility and map rework
    • All ports will be split into capturable and non-capturable - the amount of ports will represent gameplay difficulty on these original difficulty levels
      • Spain easy
      • Britain easy
      • USA easy
      • France medium
      • Netherlands medium
      • Pirates hard 
      • Denmark hard (only 3 uncapturable ports)
      • Sweden very very very hard (only 1 uncapturable port)
    • Conquest will remain national - but will be ran by clans
      • Clans gain hostility for the nation
      • But rights to entry to port battle is decided only by clan who has highest hostility points for that port (only that clan and his allied clans will be able to enter) 
    • War supplies will be abandoned
    • Regions will be split into individual towns. Nations will conquer individual cities. 
      • Because regions will be removed from hostility (but will remain for historical purposes)
      • Hostility will now be raised using hostility missions or pvp or pvp in missions, (that will come back)
        • Missions will only spawn in a certain radius near the town
        • These missions will be open for all 1.5 hours so both defenders and attackers can react and come to the rescue
      • We can set mission distance from the port so nations expand their territory gradually (not jumping directly into the backyards of their enemies). 
    • All capturable ports will be set as neutral during map reset (we could set them as historical national, but we wanted to give players an option to move resources out if they happened to move there). 
    • Neutral towns will have NPC defenses in port battle if they are attacked
    • Because we will no longer need hostility related bots all OW bots can set into traders and occasional combat privateers who will attack players and enter battles from time to time (as before)
    • We will remove rarer ships from missions and will add them to Open world fleets to encourage hunting. 
  • Clan/Guild partial alliances
    • Clan can allow entry to port battles to other clan by setting a friendly status in the clan management interface. 
    • Only clans set as friendly to the port battle creator will be able to enter port battles. 
  • New taxation feature
    • Nations will tax all transactions that are using money done through (Stamp tax)
      • Private Trade
      • Contracts (they are already taxed)
      • Public trade using the stores
      • Ship transactions
    • Barter transactions will not be taxed
    • Crafting and resource gathering will not be taxed
  • New town management features
    • Clans will be able to set taxes in the city they control but not higher than the government level
    • Clans will be able to set lower taxes up to 0
    • Tax will be paid to clan if clan controls the port (directly to clan warehouse)
    • Clans will be able to set controllable city neutral or national
    • Clans will be able purchase trading outpost in the city increasing the volume of trading resources sold or bought in the town
      • under consideration - clans will be able to set reinforcement level for their city
      • under consideration - clans will be able to set the time they can be attacked on (like the old lord protector role) but this will cost money this time.
    • Clans will have to pay maintenance for cities they control
      • Maintenance will automatically be paid 
      • Maintenance will be calculated based on the city tax level but will not be lower than X (for example 500k per day)
      • If maintenance is not paid the city will turn back to neutral
    • If clan does not wish to control that city anymore 
  • No country for old men  Reinforcements and new players protection program
    • All free towns will turn into neutral towns with the exception of 
      • El Rancho
      • Tumbado
      • Shroud Cay
      • La Tortue
      • La Mona
      • Aves
      • Dariena
      • Guayaguayare
      • Neutral towns will allow pirate entry
      • Neutral towns will allow normal teleports and building construction
      • This means if nation A does not like free town there - they can capture it and turn into a national city
      • And vice versa. If another clan does want a free town there - they can capture it and turn back to a neutral town (new freetown)
    • All uncapturable major regions will provide protection to players of their nation (minor regions and all other towns will not provide this protection)
      • If the player is attacked in that region he will be able to call to heavy reinforcements that will spawn within 500m of the player with the only goal - get his enemies to the bottom of the sea. 
      • Reinforcement fleets will be sufficiently buffed to both defend a player and not let the enemy escape.
      • Skilled captains will of course be able to sink the person who they attack (if they bring good numbers) but they will sink too giving some closure to the defender if he sank.

In general this is the gist.

sjDF4scm.jpg

Discuss and ask questions

• Like 25

I always look forward to testing your developments, so too this time. There are some good stuff here, but overall, after reading what your clan wars idea was originally like, I cannot pretend that I am not quite disappointed by this new version. The previous proposal looked so promising on so many levels.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

I always look forward to testing your developments, so too this time. There are some good stuff here, but overall, after reading what your clan wars idea was originally like, I cannot pretend that I am not quite disappointed by this new version. The previous proposal looked so promising on so many levels.

That IS the proposal we discussed last in the linked topic. Clans will set other clans as friends. It is already on testbed. 

• Like 2

Good good , what date ,  when can i set my agenda for it :rolleyes:

i have the pensel in my hand allready :)

but the attacking each other of the same nation is an issue or can become on  i think

it looks if everyone is a pirate to :wacko:

perhaps same  nations can only attack when the other/same nation clan makes advances of a other port (yours) [call it a revolt or  revolution ]

Edited by Thonys

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Because without PvE there is zero way to get new players into the game.  See how other successful MMOs do it. The absolute wall that is our learning curve in Naval Action has to be made more gentle to keep new players involved and you do this with PvE and missions that support that.

I dont mind to do pve when I want to do pve but I hate it when AI joins a battle that was good and then screw it up.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Why always pve in a pvp game?

I like battle escalations and surprises. Both positive (someone joins me) and negative (someone joins you).  
There are only 75 players who actively do pvp daily  (on pvp eu) - get written into a combat chat. From 2000 logins. 
Maybe we gave too much country for old men pvp players??

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, admin said:

Clans will be able purchase trading outpost in the city increasing the volume of trading resources sold or bought in the town

Does this mean that the ai will buy more? Or that gathering resources, by players, will be cheaper?

1 minute ago, admin said:

I like battle escalations and surprises. Both positive (someone joins me) and negative (someone joins you).  
There are only 75 players who actively do pvp daily  (on pvp eu). From 2000 logins. 

So you doing Naval Action Legends for 75 + maybe 20 from global? :D Dam it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, admin said:

There are only 75 players who actively do pvp daily  (on pvp eu). From 2000 logins. 

Maybe the pvp environment is just unfriendly? And why should 200+ alts do pvp?

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, admin said:

Economy tuning

• Number of trips required for crafting will be drastically reduced
  • Ship prices will be adapted to better suit older costs that included durabilities
  • Combat marks permits and skill book prices will be adapted but some ships will remain rare and expensive
  • Trading resources placement will be improved and demand and supply volumes adapted for new system

17 minutes ago, admin said:

Regions will be split into individual towns. Nations will conquer individual cities. 

18 minutes ago, admin said:
  • Barter transactions will not be taxed
  • Crafting and resource gathering will not be taxed
19 minutes ago, admin said:
    • If maintenance is not paid the city will turn back to neutral
  • If clan does not wish to control that city anymore 

These are all good things. Thanks. But why keep combat marks at all? At least remove combat marks/conquest marks/victory marks from ship crafting and keep them only for purchasing paints, blueprints and upgrades.

23 minutes ago, admin said:

All ports will be split into capturable and non-capturable - the amount of ports will represent gameplay difficulty on these original difficulty levels

• Spain easy
  • Britain easy
  • USA easy
  • France medium
  • Netherlands medium
  • Pirates hard 
  • Denmark hard (only 3 uncapturable ports)
  • Sweden very very very hard (only 1 uncapturable port)

This could go one way or another, but I fear that small nations will be doomed and clans unable to recruit as those who actually try to do something in those most difficult nations facing all odds will just be told to not complain about imbalanced and go play Britain instead... Then you might as well remove the small nations, because players are not going to chose nation based on difficulty, but based on history and affiliation. And as long as they can choose a nation, but are unable to play it due to the difficulty, they will just quit. 

Maybe I'm too pessimistic and coloured by past experiences in the game though.

28 minutes ago, admin said:

Clan/Guild partial alliances

• Clan can allow entry to port battles to other clan by setting a friendly status in the clan management interface. 
  • Only clans set as friendly to the port battle creator will be able to enter port battles. 

Please say that we can set friendly clans from other nations that can join our PBs.

Maybe mercenary clans even, that do not own any ports of their own, but can be hired to help other clans expand control of regions.

31 minutes ago, admin said:
  • Because regions will be removed from hostility (but will remain for historical purposes)
  • Hostility will now be raised using hostility missions or pvp or pvp in missions, (that will come back)
    • Missions will only spawn in a certain radius near the town
    • These missions will be open for all 1.5 hours so both defenders and attackers can react and come to the rescue
30 minutes ago, admin said:

War supplies will be abandoned

Why would you keep hostility grinding, but remove war supplies?

• Like 3

It is good to see that new players will finally receive some protection. I have talked to several new players over the past weeks during the game. They try to learn, but they don't know what to do, or how anything works and as a result quickly get frustrated. 

My only question would be how will these uncapturable regions be laid out on the map? 

31 minutes ago, admin said:

That IS the proposal we discussed last in the linked topic. Clans will set other clans as friends. It is already on testbed. 

I know. And I saw it on Testbed. But I much preferred the proposal that you discussed first in the other topic, rather than the one you discussed last.

EDIT: Clearly I've been playing the game and not had time to keep up with the discussion of changes as they developed. I will have to read up on the previously mentioned topics. But my opinion stands. I liked the original idea much better than the modified one.

EDIT2: I've expressed my reservations now. I will put aside any negativity and wait to test the update when it arrives.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

Does this mean that the ai will buy more? Or that gathering resources, by players, will be cheaper?

i think it will be cheaper for you as a player

12 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Maybe the pvp environment is just unfriendly? And why should 200+ alts do pvp?

You were brainwashed by haters mate. Alts infestations were invented by players to explain their inability to win port battles. There are alts for sure but the problem is drastically overrated.

2000 unique logins. 75 unique players in combat news channel. Even if there are 200 alts. what are the rest 1700 players doing? Definitely not pvp. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Stilgar said:

Sounds good. Remove or strongly reduce knowledge slot grinding and we have a deal ;)

i agree 

one 1 ship is a burden already.....

and still 20 ships to go  it is a whole lifetime to make them perfect for duty