Game-Labs Forum

Renaming Officers

Tankobite

I was told on the facebook page to ask this question here in the forum:

I was wondering whether or not we'd have the option to rename officers in future?  This was one feature I sorely missed, because I think it would give the game a bit more flavor-- I was already sad when veteran officers died in my playthroughs and I think allowing us to customize our army a bit more would add weight to it.  It would also help for people wishing to recreate historic brigades under specific leaders.  Additionally,  I got a little of getting Hexamer over and over again--it seemed that variation in officers' last names is a bit lacking.  

• 1 month later...

So, I realize this didn't get a lot of attention, but maybe will the dev comment on it?  Why it isn't feasable or why they don't plan on doing it, or if that's a future plan?  I realize this form apparently doesn't care about it, but if you look on the steam pages and the steam suggestions/critiques, it is mentioned.

On 8/21/2017 at 1:36 PM, Tankobite said:

I was told on the facebook page to ask this question here in the forum:

I was wondering whether or not we'd have the option to rename officers in future?  This was one feature I sorely missed, because I think it would give the game a bit more flavor-- I was already sad when veteran officers died in my playthroughs and I think allowing us to customize our army a bit more would add weight to it.  It would also help for people wishing to recreate historic brigades under specific leaders.  Additionally,  I got a little of getting Hexamer over and over again--it seemed that variation in officers' last names is a bit lacking.  

No. 

You are correct, it would be HUGE for adding flavor to the narrative part of the the game. I've asked, personally, to all parties. Repeatedly. Ain't happening. Sorry. If I'm wrong about this, no one will be happier than me. 

Official Reasoning: 'Unfortunately this is part of the 'Camp' Code, and cannot be altered'. 

But I can damn well assure you it is on the list for enhancements in the next game, whatever that might be. I added it personally. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 8:04 AM, Andre Bolkonsky said:

No. 

You are correct, it would be HUGE for adding flavor to the narrative part of the the game. I've asked, personally, to all parties. Repeatedly. Ain't happening. Sorry. If I'm wrong about this, no one will be happier than me. 

Official Reasoning: 'Unfortunately this is part of the 'Camp' Code, and cannot be altered'. 

But I can damn well assure you it is on the list for enhancements in the next game, whatever that might be. I added it personally. 

That's too bad.  But thanks for the answer

• Like 1