Game-Labs Forum

Spyglass in OW

mikawa

Question

I always have that feeling that using the spyglass in OW should give you some kind of advantage. Trying it out since what feels like ages now, I still have the feeling that it only magnifies things so you can see a ship that is visible without it just slightly bigger. But I think you should be able to see more far with the spyglass than without, so that you can spot an enemy ship earlier (assuming you look in the right direction) than without it. Still not sure ... am I right or not?

Edited by mikawa

2 answers to this question

Gosh,  I remember when we had no spyglass in open world.  I'm glad the Devs added it for our pleasure.  Thanks Devs!!

As the risk of sounding spoiled .... It would be very cool if all ships had some type of national identifier (static flag, paint scheme, emblem etc) that could be seen more clearly with the spyglass.  But if would only really be a benefit to  those of us who turn off the hud or don't mouse click on ships.

• Like 1

The question has nothing to do with clicking on targets or not. I think the spyglass should let you look a bit more far than without. So you can get an advantage over a captains who don't use it.