Game-Labs Forum

No Victory marks for british nation

Donjuan Dimarco

our nation was active, we had more battles points than the Danes. So the brits where on first place before server restart as a consequence . According to battle rules given in forum and the patch notes that should justify getting the marks for the nation. Moreover it should be ruled that when there would be a draw these nations should get Victory marks for their efforts. Unfortunately I have no screen shots, because I didn't expect that we won't get the marks. Please check the server logs before monday server restart.

Edited by Donjuan Dimarco

Both sides had 20 points. Activity has nothing to do with it as far as I know (other than the +1/-2 you get from successfully conquering a port/failure to defend).

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

Game was always putting nation with combat points higher than nations wih equal points, but just control. Before we had the same situation and players received Victory Marks.

I was unaware that we've had a tie before? - the competition gives marks to the winner, there were no winner.

11 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Then game should display:

Leaderboard:

2. NATION X

2. NATION Y

3. NATION Z

It's an obvious mistake in leaderboard scheme. During draw there is no 1st place. That's a design issue and rewards should be handed to the nation on the 1st place.

Agreed it's poor UI but... that list is a long one you know :)

11 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

That's not UI issue, but legacy text problem and misinformation. Same issue happened with PvP Leaderboard text about rewards. Upon rule "Lex retro non agit" it should clear for Developers that the rewards should be handed over to the British captains.

By following the same strand of thought us danes could argue the same. Me for one don't need hand outs.

3 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Our nation put effort into grinding hostility and winning a defended Port Battle. We put effort to defend another port that got attacked by Spanish. It feels that we have rights to claim the reward. Keep in mind that we stopped our efforts for further conquest as we had 1st position on leaderboard. We simply could have gone further to get more points.

To deserve something you need to win. You didn't. To fail and complain is the path of the weak.

What we didn't win? We won 2 port battles and were displayed on 1st place. What have you done? Nothing. Case closed.

lol the points on the table don't lie. 20p vs 20p. Try taking more empty ports - it's all the current system promotes.

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

Santa Fe was defended and we were outnumbered. 21 British (5-6 arrived 30 minutes late after PB start) to 25 Spanish. Pinar del Rio was a defensive Port Battle on our side and about 50 British captains came to ensure our victory and Victory Marks reward. Do you have anything more smart to add?

Yeah. It was a draw. 20p vs 20p. Stop whining for free stuff.

EDIT: Or better yet - come to les cayes and try a real PB.

Edited by Guest

Points were:

19 - 1

20 - 0

I have no idea why doing nothing should give you the same status. Your status was quo. Our status was progressing and climbing up with victories on our account. If you consider taking part in both port battles and grinding hostility as asking for free stuff... You clearly have no idea what "free" means. Before the wipe captains would receive Deadman Chest for winning Port Battles, after wipe Conquest Marks pensions and now...? Now nothing. You put a nation that did NOTHING during 7 days next to the nation that did a lot of good job. No offense, but some people got problems with making logical mistakes.

If you read my comments I couldn't care less about who won or who lost the competition. I just don't agree that a tie should somehow be interpreted as a win for the side that beats up the smaller kids in the school ground. I don't care for the entire system as all it does is promote sealclubbing on a RvR scale. That being said - you got rewards for hostility grinding as every fleet sunk gave combat marks and gold, and you got rewards for the PBs as the regions were flipped and as far as I know Pinar del Rio was a no show so what exactly do you want a reward for there?

@Bearwall LOL, you keep saying that Santa Fe wasn't a real PB? Beating kids? We attacked a shallow port on purpose to give the Spanish a chance to defend it. They did, it was 21 vs 25. Danes? You took Penzacola and Remedios, both Lineship Port Battles and who's speaking about beating kids? You're a funny guy haha. Speaking about real port battles, you already showed us at Bahamas fighting Swedes your "real PB".

If you had followed any of my comments you'd realize that I haven't been part of clubbing the spanish. As for the rest of the clans I can only say that honour is in short demand among the RvR segment. An issue that is apparent in more nations than just the danish. Or swedish for that matter. And for the "Santa Fe" - if you had wanted a decent PB and not easy points you would have gone for Les Cayes. That would even have given you a clear victory - if you had won it. So to summarize - stop whining and get to clubbing.

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

We don't want to go for easy victories or wins. We informed Spanish in advance about Santa Fe, so they could prepare for defense. Now we propose them a chance for revenge (we won't counter-grind their hostility or screen them out if they try to retake Santa Fe). We tried on Santa Marta the week before. Alecranes attempt was stopped as to give more time for Spanish nation to recover after Santa Fe and possibly give them a chance to re-engage. 

I am not sure if you know anything about Santa Fe PB, but it was a very decent fight and most Spanish players will confirm this? It was a fight until last minutes. Lots of patience and waiting at the start as we were heavly outgunned and outnumbered 15 to 25. First try to gather some information before throwing worthless accuses.

But the spanish still has little to no experience in RvR or PBs. So basically babybashing. Why the reluctance to go for Les Cayes? Afraid to get you ass handed to you?

And it still doesn't change the facts - the competition had no winner. It was a draw.

42 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

The leaderboard said otherwise, it was clearly 1st place GB, 2nd Danish, maybe you need a new pair of glasses? Tell me how more GB nation has experience in RvR? All clans of ZERG, TOXIC, KIN, BRITS, SLRN are mostly gone. If you are even arsed to look into screenshot of Santa Fe result, most of the British players are new to Port Battles, many of them if not half of the fleet has never done a single PB. Part of the players taking part were low ranks and clanless. The more you try to talk about this, the more it proves me how little you know.

Probably because you keep focussing on the PBs.. The competition rules stated very clearly that points are allocated for control and they don't make any difference between activity or not. There's the map and there's the thread where you can read about the conquest competition. And in regards to actually winning - why not take 1 port from DK/NG? - DK/NG would lose 3 points and you'd have a clear winner. Instead you prefer to bash the little ones.

Edited by Guest
removed reply to removed offtopic.

at the end, spain pay that disscusion, this guys run faster to take another spanish undefended port

I believe that this system was introduced to promote pvp and rvr between nations, but the only thing that has encouraged is the taking of ports in spain, while nations with more players only make distribution of marks and farming, since they are Unable to fight between them. Is the same thing that happened with the fine woods, it was thought that it would promote the pvp and only promoted farming. Now they only want their weekly ration of victory marks, without doing much to get it, no RvR, only take undefended Spanish ports. Yesterday Spain warnin

Two days ago spain warm pine island, the English do not try to cool it, only let them do to have a port battle with their superboats against Spanish frigates bought in the market, which incidentally never appear. For this you want those victory marks? You are not only capable of attacking fleets of the same quality? pathetic