Game-Labs Forum

a couple of suggestions

I have been playing through these weeks after the "mega patch" and I have a couple of suggestions, in the light of the way players' population and factions are going in PVP EU server (the most populated one, as far as I can see).

1) reduce the "normal" mark grind (in other words: increase the drop rate of marks from killing NPCs and players and - maybe - set also a certain number of marks as reward from missions): as far as the population is now lower than before, this is a good way to keep also the "good" ships number within acceptable levels, otherwise crafted "permitted" ships will end being far too scarce in little factions (and - thus - very very costly). 

2) put once again alliances in the game (I mean, it could be both faction alliance - which I prefer - or clan alliance, but in this last case, please allow also some kind of cross faction alliances).

I fear that - with the current system - servers, after the summer "pause", are very likely to end quickly with the two bigger factions eating the whole map and the other ones reduced to their capital zone. 

Edited by victor

1) no. PVE reward is fine giving how easy mission grinding is. You could do more rewards for more challanging stuff, that would be okay.

What is off balance is too little PVP rewards. They are way too low to be self-sustaining. Furthermore, you receive no rewards at all after hours of battle where you damage your enemy up to 300%, but he repairs and escapes. This is the problem. We need assist rewards even when enemies are not killed AND when they are captured as well.

2) Alliances only cover the root of the problem: too few players. The game needs to be more fun, less of a time-sink to attract more players. Then, nations can field port battles again.

Finally: the hard-core games will stay with the game, no matter what. Because it's core is just too good to leave. So wait until new versions, and until the @admins come to see their fautls regarding (1).

Edited by shaeberle84

24 minutes ago, shaeberle84 said:

They are way too low to be self-sustaining.

While I agree that damage (and not only killing or assist) should be rewarded, this is not a MOBA (like it will be NA legends).

In a MMORG PVP shall not be self sustaining. PVEers produce what PVPers consume. That's the golden rule in massive online game.

You identify "fun" with PVP, but that is just your vision of "fun", that does not apply to all the players. My impression is in fact that this extreme "hard core only PVP" vision - together with the lack of variety in PVE contents - are the factors that are leading to rather empty servers.

Edited by victor

In order to keep things competitive I'd say bring back the old alliance system but limit it to 1 ally and 1 non-aggression pact and the pirates are not a nation.

4 hours ago, shaeberle84 said:

That is not how it works right now, so why would we stick to a system that does not function!?

The system does not work, but the reason why it doesn't is because the cost of producing goods is too high and then PVPers cannot buy what they need (mainly "permitted" ships) from crafters at reasonable prices.

Before the "mega patch" a bucentaure was sold at about 700k and it had two duras, now you are very (and I mean, very!) lucky if you can get one dura buce for 1.500k

Edited by victor