Game-Labs Forum

End of the server

Simon Cadete

20 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Ahhh.... The Naval Action rendition of the: 'Goodbye it was all your fault'  Internet Post.  

Dont leave: just hide out in an outlaw battle for 236 days.  

But they would be open for 236 days... you mean...

Us one of their 20+ alts to tag them into a battle and sit there till things get good.

I know I have gone somewhere else for a while.  Other games have gone in to their finale phase of testing and I went back to a real sandbox.   

Why should anyone do pbs? Most resources are accessible at the capital region especially for ships up to 5th rate. So even a one ported nation has no problems to build ships even without alts.

Portbattles take a lot of time:

- Grinding hostility

- Organize 25 people

- Meet in advance and sail to named port

- fight the battle

- sail back

Compared to OW you can start and stop playing whenever you want. You can do a break whenever you want. You don't depend on 24 other people.

Marks are a joke. Nobody needs them they are even accessible through pve. So why should anyone join the selfpunishment? For fun for honor? There are other ways to have fun. Honor? Who really cares about a useless dot?

As long losing a port doesn't really hurt nobody will really spend a day hunting a coloured dot. But yeah that's not causal friendly.

So in my opinion RvR only makes sense in a hardcore game enviorment and is nothing that should be in a causal game environment (which NA is turning into)

To make RvR interesting especially with that clan vs clan (war company vs war company) ports have to produce stuff people want but which are not important for gameplay.

Let ports produce certain paint. People will crush their heads to get hands on paints. Make paints even soul bound to end this alt nightmare.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Pelennor said:

After the server wipe, only GB has offered us a challenge, and they gave up after loosing only one 4th rate PB :(

No, one day, you (and ppl doing the same thing) will have to admit you just use that as an excuse to not fight us. We are used to such behavior: US did the same, FR did the same, there is always an excuse to not show up in PB. I can't blame you, not every nation can afford to loose about 10 1st rate each PB. I hate to recognize that, but maybe the game has gone too hardcore, advantaging BLACK organization, and making it too hard for more casual players.

LOL...  still talking about Port Battles...

Those are so 2016, mate...

• Like 2

No need to get personal.  The server population just wasn't enough once things went really wonky after the clan reshuffles. Time to review the results and restructure the game.  Let's have less salt, and more constructive thinking about the future.

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)
  • Like 1

Koltes did not disappear. My enemies perished. Im just enjoying a company of this lovely girl Lily in Mort's brothel while its all quet.

Thats what pirates do. Its time to spend our fortunes in taverns and public houses on women, rum and dice.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

For a little over a year now, the pirate clan BLACK, has been the source of 90% of activity in pvp 2 or global. Now that population is falling faster than ever before with peak numbers of 115, I wonder what would happen if we just "vanished". I have to say that the lack of large engagements or ganks  as the only source of pvp, really took a toll on our numbers and population as well.

Possibly we'll come back if changes are made but there is nothing the developers can do about "bad" population that play in global. History repeats itself and again, now that they sense that BLACK is gone all the 1st rates and Bellonas start coming out again. Where were they before?!

This just goes to say, enjoy your pve server. I blame this whole thing on the US and GB.

I don't think it was GB or USA. By far it was a combination of factors. Many of which relate back to the fact that the RvR end game currently has an enherant flaw. That is that it essentially ends the game of a RvR.  So much of the rest of the game ties to and relies on RvR that the population soon dies off following the RvR die off.

This was going to likely happen regardless of the USA, GB or even BLACK.  For example, the forced no RvR peace treaties and night flips between the Dane, French, Dutch, Swedes, GB and BLACK had already killed off RvR in the Eastern map.   Meanwhile a clear dominant winner had emerged in the West that GB and USA were not reasonably capable of keeping up with and this essentially killed off RvR in the West.  Meanwhile reaching the shipbuilding cap of 1st rates, max needed funds and lack of ship losses subsequently killed off the Econ game. What is left behind is low risk PVE and Capital port ganking. And here we are.

Somehow RvR needs to become more dynamic or cyclic with nations having ups and downs, peace needs to be un achievable or undesirable and reaching max Econ/funds needed has to be unsustainable.  Game was dying no matter what GB, USA or BLACK did. All any of us affected was how long it took.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Remember before wipe all saying EU will be dead - seems like global players will back here. At least join weak nations for some balance chaps - otherwise we will have 2 dead servers :lol:

Im not sure joining weak nation would accomplish much due to time zone issues.  First, we can't effectively RvR spread around 8 nations on off PB cycles.  It would spread us so thin we may as well stay on Global or just play on the weekends early enough to join the EU players.  To be honest, I'm not sure what would work. But with PvP being the only competitive play method 5 days out of 7 it is logical to expect one of two things to happen. Either server transfers will just play pirates or they will join the most land owning nations, for the teleport abilities, and play privateers.  I'm not sure EU server has anything to offer transfers but the hunting game.

19 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Remember before wipe all saying EU will be dead - seems like global players will back here. At least join weak nations for some balance chaps - otherwise we will have 2 dead servers :lol:

Why so we cant do anything because of the 5 hours of RVR ONLY for the EU server?   

LOL no.  I will just go play something else.

• Like 1

The other issue was that it became a war of attrition and as long as BLACK was not losing ships they were able to maintain a long running campaign and build in power (experience to open slots). The economy and the painful grind to generate funds to build replacement ships became a major issue. Trade runs slowly became worthless as the sale value would drop to 1 and there were very few other items to move that would produce a profit. Slowly trade goods were ignored and ship materials were adopted as a commodity and the pattern repeated with the sale value dropping to 1. What this shows is that there were too many traders operating in the same area and this forced the saturation of many items. Even looking at relocating to another area slowly became too much as that new location would quickly dry up. This is not even taking into account the pirate activity. Many times there were players spotted sitting outside trade hubs in basic cutters who were doing absolutely nothing for HOURS. The explanation of they are just fishing is weak at best as fish can be generated by just enabling the option while moving from place to place or if you need fish that bad, do it at a different port NOT right outside a port that sees heavy trader activity. 

So, long story short is this, BLACK won by not being forced to have to replace ships because they had the skill and the funds could not be generated by their opponents at a rate that could present a challenge to them. Fight them and lose enough times and when it takes several weeks to replace a ship then the rinse and repeat of it all get dull very quickly. Dropping the durability to 1 forced the need to build ships more often and this became regulated by being able to generate funds to support the building process so when the generation of funds grinds to a halt so would the building of ships. This repeats what occurred before with people not wanting to PvP because of fear of losing a ship that would not be replaced. Large clans could come together and help each other and thus maintain a battle fleet for a longer period but even that would eventually fade due to the frustration of having to spend weeks just to generate the resources needed to craft a ship that would be lost within the week. Simon complains that why is the US bringing their first rates out now and the answer may well be due to the fact that they now have been able to replace their losses where as a week ago they had not. I am not with the US so I can only surmise a reason. Take that into account with the fact that if the pirates are sitting there in a battle group with several first rates then there is no way to use guerrilla tactics to try to wear that kind of fleet down. Prior to the battle group the tactic of targetting one and splitting it off from the rest of the group worked and there was a way to cause losses using a smaller force to combat a larger one. There were complaints filed regarding that and the battle group was created, issue is that is the very thing that turned the game into a war of attrition and constant grinding to be able to build replacement ships. More players were forced into trade vessels and thus became very easy targets due to trade ships having the combat capacity of a dingy when used to move cargo and not act in the capacity of a Q ship.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Why are the US  players bringing out theirs 1st rates now and not before? That's the question I really want answered

Because the server population is half what it was a month ago and people stopped giving a shit.  Are you still trying to stroke your ego with the server barely cracking 130 people during prime time?  I mean honestly are you really that dense?  The game is basically dying and you still care about petty nation squabbles and how amazing your clan is.  BLACK is that one big fish left alive in a pond with no water just sitting there flapping around waiting to die.    No one cares about you anymore.

Grow up. 

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

Well I don't want to anger the JG guy so I'll make this my last post. The solution to a longer life in this server would have been to have gone to pvp 1 where the quality of the enemy was better providing a better more lasting challenge. In conclusion, the server was too weak or the clan too powerful. Pick one. Having said this, I'm outta here...

16 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Well I don't want to anger the JG guy so I'll make this my last post. The solution to a longer life in this server would have been to have gone to pvp 1 where the quality of the enemy was better providing a better more lasting challenge. In conclusion, the server was too weak or the clan too powerful. Pick one. Having said this, I'm outta here...

Or option 3...

The game mechanics are broken and nothing is being done to fix them.

We will see if that was your last post.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Or perhaps you guys shouldn't of manipulated, exploited, cheated, trash talked, spied and bullied to your hearts delight, you might of had a server population that didn't have to choose playing on the same server as you or quitting.  

Just food for thought.  You ruined PVP2 twice now, will you get a chance to do it a third time?

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Hodo said:

CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW

I'm laughing. I did say it was a joke.

The funny thing is this isn't the end of the server, this game went through a drought last August too. The next update has also pushed people to look elsewhere for fun until that drops.

August is busy month for a lot of Americans so that's impacting the server too.

You have people getting their families ready for school and just generally taking that last vacation before the storm. Even when I've had the time to play I end up just playing something less involved.This game will never have massive numbers but those will rise as people get resettled into their fall schedules.

Edited by koiz

7 hours ago, Pelennor said:

After the server wipe, only GB has offered us a challenge, and they gave up after loosing only one 4th rate PB :(

No, one day, you (and ppl doing the same thing) will have to admit you just use that as an excuse to not fight us. We are used to such behavior: US did the same, FR did the same, there is always an excuse to not show up in PB. I can't blame you, not every nation can afford to loose about 10 1st rate each PB. I hate to recognize that, but maybe the game has gone too hardcore, advantaging BLACK organization, and making it too hard for more casual players.

Hold on there next time you quote me don't use snippets to make it sound like I was complaining, cause I wasn't I couldn't care less what mechanics you use to get into a PB I was pointing out you to you and the rest of the clowns from black sitting on there very high horses that you doomed yourselfs and the my full comment was as follows, you used a mechanic which was deemed as ok by ink but in the players eyes was an exploit, magic words there is players not myself, if you refer to my previous comment before the one you quoted you will see how I see things, just an interesting fact you guys don't want fights you just want to win and will do anything to do it, I don't fault you guys for it it's human nature for a lot of people, if you wanted a challange how come you counter ground portobello which we're setting for a weekend port battle so you could of turned up to? I will say this if you have miss read my post due to the language barrier I apologize.

Edited by Rebrall

7 hours ago, Christendom said:

Or perhaps you guys shouldn't of manipulated, exploited, cheated, trash talked, spied and bullied to your hearts delight, you might of had a server population that didn't have to choose playing on the same server as you or quitting.  

Just food for thought.  You ruined PVP2 twice now, will you get a chance to do it a third time?

Which is exactly what every nation did with an exception that it was BLACK to score a win.

Maybe everyone here is guilty in trash talking to enemy? For example arent you Dom?

Maybe everyone here guilty in exploiting the mechanics to gain advantage? For example arent you Dom?

I dont know what cheating means in NA. Exploit yes. Cheating? I think duplicating ships is a cheat, not just an exploit. Who is guilty in cheating? 

Bully other nations? Every nation is guilty in that. The very foundation of BLACK clan was to fight US bullies that one ported pirates and locked newbs from doing trading, missions etc.

Truth is no one can speak of high morals here. Maybe its time for this community to realise that we are players of one game. That we play one game and most of us are from the same country and most of us speak same language? Realize not to use "hate" words towards other nation as they are actually your friends playing the same game. You dont tell your chess opponent that you hate him aren't you? Else he will quit playing with you and will play with someone else. And this is what exactly happens in NA between players.

I dont know. Human nature maybe? For such there should be no global chat. I see it now. Its just a global trash talk symposium.

For such RVR should not be absolute. There should NEVER be a case of one nation losing. Even with a map wipe the players are still hurt too much and quit, because millennials cant deal with loses. For this nation should have permanent land and loses only counter on a clan's level, nut never a total destruction.

Some saying that its OW that can be counted PVP. If you want equal fights then go play Legends. This is just stupid. The whole definition of sandbox and an open format game attracts people of different qualities and values. The ONLY way for MMO game to succeed is to satisfy EVERY aspect of pvp. For this RVR is pvp, OW is pvp, big massive battles is pvp, small hunts is pvp, small fleet is pvp.

Any engagement is pvp. Even in the economy competition is also pvp. Personally I dont care what land we have or have not. We got our teleports and thats it. But I love small fightings and the huge massive battles too. Who said that we have to give up any of this?

Its when we will UNITE people who play for various reason we will get the good product that attracts people. In EVE it was a matter of few years before one huge alliance was destroyed. It made lots of people quit playing. Even though EVE could afford that they quickly realized that it also hurts the game on a bigger picture. So those grand battles are only few and far between.

In NA we cant afford to win wars. Players quit and we dont have numbers to do that. We must forget about national wars. Being in a nation should be just your character's nationality and players were able to mix. Look, pirates were not just pirates. They were a mix of all nations. Jamaica was so international port it become a pirate hideout.

Then nation terrotories will be high security watters where people who wants an easier life can live and play. Where clans can have a safe land if they want. And then we will have clans that want more and they will take conquerable port and claim the ownership.

RVR should not be a single fight for a port. It should be done through multiple raids, were raids become a main RVR mechanic allowing for massive fights, but losses no territory. To actually kick a clan out of a port should be incredibly hard and a lengthy process. Also further away from your nation's capital the land is harder it is to hold that land, so clans will naturally hold lands closer to their capital preferring raiding to conquest.

Yes, infortunately devs wanted to cut lots of courners and make a simplier game. Problem is it should have been staying as lobby or if they decided to go further into the open world they should have run proper crowd funding campaign where they could already show what beautiful battles they done. Community would have supported them big time to make OW right. Potentially this game can be as big as EVE in terms of population, where each small piece of territory is located on individual server.

Truth is why players leaving is because opening of OW was a dream. A dream of global trading, economy, massive battles, exploration, feeling the breeze and stormy waters of open areas and  calm waters in the shallows of Bahamas. Players dreamed that they will live in Caribbean world of 16th century. We got a racing game instead. People race on OW map with huge speed, we teleport. We play on the whole map like its a chess board (likes its ONE battle field) while it should have been localized. You live in one area so you play there and there should have been lots to do in that one area and lots of people playing in that one area.

This is the reason we are loosing players. Should we have all that the trash talk would not turn people away. Loosing war would not turn people away. 

Today you lost and there is nothing else to do. Start over? But people were already burned out fighting. They need rest. Boom server is deserted.

Peace out my brothers. I love you all. The noisy fkers, the quiet fkers, the good fight fkers even the whiny fkers. As you all are playing with me the game I love for which reason I have never said a word "hate" towards any of you

Edited by koltes
  • Like 5