Game-Labs Forum

Hello Dear Developers,

I have recognized that the drop rate of rare ressources like

-grietje van dijk

-cartahena tar

-crooked cedar etc

is way too rarely so that they are not reachable to random players who aren't millionairs ingame. I can imagine that this is demotivating recognizing that a few players horting the stuff which is necessary for competing. So it would be very nice to change the spawning points of these goods to other harbors and increase the amount of the stuff above mentioned. That would give any player the chance to get these items.

Cheers Donjuan

Edited by Donjuan Dimarco
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Donjuan Dimarco said:

Hello Dear Developers,

I have recognized that the drop rate of rare ressources like

-grietje van dijk

-cartahena tar

-crooked cedar etc

is way too rarely so that they are not reachable to random players who aren't millionairs ingame. I can imagine that this is demotivating recognizing that a few players horting the stuff which is necessary for competing. So it would be very nice to change the spawning points of these goods to other harbors and increase the amount of the stuff above mentioned. That would give any player the chance to get these items.

Cheers Donjuan

you beat me on this one

i recognised the same thing those rare good are TOO rare to accomplish a upgrade 

upgrades bp have no use otherwise 

for me personally, i do not even look in that  bp section for over a month now, for some  it is a developing effort for nothing 

i cant make upgrades even if i wanted to 

to much time-consuming and unfindable in the ports

to rare  at the moment

and even drops are not complete

the upgrades section is unusable for some nations

if you have a rare upgrade on a ship and sink you will never see the same upgrade again what is going to work as a captain who is not going to battle because he does not want to lose that upgrade because,he knows it is an upgrade he will see once in his lifetime 

rare is not good for the game

and i dont even use upgrades in any of my ships  ,(that is a restricted area for the wealthy and the rich it seems,also a reason to quit)

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Some specialty resources should be seeded randomly. Very gamey but there's no other way to stop monopoly over contracts.

Or the Economic model could be developed to mimic trade protection measures as they were in place. While there were monopolies sponsored by the "crown" there was also a mandatory measure so that the acquired produce HAD to reach the market. Example being sugar. It had to go to market, companies couldn't simply hoard it and wait for "crisis" speculation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Some specialty resources should be seeded randomly. Very gamey but there's no other way to stop monopoly over contracts.

Or the Economic model could be developed to mimic trade protection measures as they were in place. While there were monopolies sponsored by the "crown" there was also a mandatory measure so that the acquired produce HAD to reach the market. Example being sugar. It had to go to market, companies couldn't simply hoard it and wait for "crisis" speculation.

the only crisis i see is 

there is no crisis,and there are no upgrades 

and it is notsugar,it is upgrades,or making them

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thonys said:

the only crisis i see is 

there is no crisis,and there are no upgrades 

and it is no sugar,it is upgrades,or making them

Sugar was a history example as states forced buyers of ALL to feed the market. They couldn't just say, I bought it, it is mine ! Nope, they had a service and it was to fuel commerce in the territories by providing demand. Hence why I tipped the game Economic model to mimic that.

We do not have that. We hoard everything. That never happened :) We just take away and give nothing back. That is the crisis :)

So, for the upgrade, say you need a specialty saltpepper. Why have it ALL in one single place ? Hence random seed them across the west indies, like some traders had already made their cruises around and sold them here and there. Changing locations everyday. Would limit contract monopolies aimed only at hoarding.

8 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Sugar was a history example as states forced buyers of ALL to feed the market. They couldn't just say, I bought it, it is mine ! Nope, they had a service and it was to fuel commerce in the territories by providing demand. Hence why I tipped the game Economic model to mimic that.

We do not have that. We hoard everything. That never happened :) We just take away and give nothing back. That is the crisis :)

So, for the upgrade, say you need a specialty saltpepper. Why have it ALL in one single place ? Hence random seed them across the west indies, like some traders had already made their cruises around and sold them here and there. Changing locations everyday. Would limit contract monopolies aimed only at hoarding.

well perhaps you are Einstein and Trump at the same time

but i can not put contract in every harbor 

dont have the time or the gold for it

also it is undoable even when you say it is

and you know it .... i don't believe you when you say these remarks,i only buy what i need 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Isn't it a matter of paying the right price?

unknown.png

Ah wait, I can not.

On 8/7/2017 at 1:32 PM, Skully said:

We just need to address mechanics to provide players the same capabilities as an alter (to a point).

For example: why can I not place contracts in an enemy port? It's like showing up in an enemy port battle without guns.

3 minutes ago, Skully said:

Isn't it a matter of paying the right price?

unknown.png

Ah wait, I can not.

well the slamz captain can wait for ten years 

good day sir 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

That is one of the reasons so economy is so hello kittyed.

Some upgrades costs you more than crafting a first rate.

Someone simply designed this to work just for themself and not for all players in general. Not very healthy imho. This once again does not benefit pvp 'Action' this game requires so bad. It actually kills it on a large scale and no one seems to realize it.  

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, George Washington said:

Someone simply designed this to work just for them and not for all players in general. Not very healthy imho. 

Now therein lies an interesting and valid point. Is obtaining Grietjes van Dijk an unreachable goal? And if so, is it because of bad RNG, lack of knowledge or lack of skill?

You'll hear no sympathy from me if it is lack of skill. Lack of knowledge needs to be addressed with information. RNG is almost always bad.

(I keep on wondering whether there is an increased drop rate from Dutch AI traders going through Bovenwinds county...)

38 minutes ago, Makrian said:

After i log in ill check every port.

How many hours does it take you to sail to every port and check each shop? Just wondering if this is doable for a normal casual player. I feel this game designed for those who can invest many hours and dominate over those who can't. Player who can spend 6 hours a day vs 2 hours a day player will be able to use all mods and sail ships at it's full capabilities. While at the same time, casuals will only act as easy 'prey' due to mod material scarcity.

In the end, how can all this promote open sea pvp if they know they will get crushed without any proper outfittings and wood for their ships?

Edited by George Washington

1 hour ago, George Washington said:

How many hours does it take you to sail to every port and check each shop? Just wondering if this is doable for a normal casual player.

It isn't. So that is a shortage of information. If a casual has the goal of obtaining Grietjes, then it must be executable.

And using outside tools isn't good enough. It must be information in game. It might even be a mission of sorts.

1 hour ago, George Washington said:

In the end, how can all this promote open sea pvp if they know they will get crushed without any proper outfittings and wood for their ships?

You don't need mods to blow up a pro.

And it's always better to sail in safety of numbers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

So what your saying is you refuse to RVR for ports, but still want the stuff that is sold in them.  

That specific stuff is not monopolized by contracts. RvR, as we know, has nothing to do with it and is surprisingly easy to bypass.

The rare woods were introduced to promote RvR. Did nothing of the like.

Rare resources are introduced to promote RvR. Not working again.

:)

Nothing will probably work ... because they had the bright idea to promote alts ...

And yes, the rarity of those upgrade/book-rng crap and resources makes them unobtainable for 'normal' players ... It will be even worse with a full server, so how is that any good?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

Nothing will probably work ... because they had the bright idea to promote alts ...

And yes, the rarity of those upgrade/book-rng crap and resources makes them unobtainable for 'normal' players ... It will be even worse with a full server, so how is that any good?

I agree with you about the alts making these difficult.  But I have to disagree with the OP; instead of generally making them drop greater quantity in more convenient locations, I'd much rather see the impact of those upgrades/books minimalized.

I always tend to think that the diminishing return when stacking would help, but I also understand the arguement for specializing to the extreme (but which negative value do you give as a counter, one that makes it a real choice, as in: : it'll severely limit your options against a countership?) . Diminish the positives, and stack the negatives?

Even with minimal effects, people still will want to get the upgrades. For the prices to go down, there needs to be more availability and acces to the those upgrades, or components to craft them.

If resources are more easily obtainable (on ai-traders and spawning in different ports in small amounts, in wrecks, maybe a battle-reward, whatever, so everybody should/can have a chance at getting them? Then you might get something out of it that resembles somewhat of an economy.  People have to sink ships, first they say ships are too expensive, now they say the upgrades are too expensive, the result is the same. Availability cancels a big part of that. Clans/groups will always have the advantage, so spreading things out and making them spawn randomly (not just at maintenance) gives more casual or less organized and starting players also a chance to get the good stuff (and maybe make some money off of it).

Or have them built in as you craft them, i like that idea aswell. But then: you need to have the components for the upgrades before you craft and sail the ship. The availabilty is still a problem. Shipprices may skyrocket again for certain builds.

Because of alt's, the resources, also for shipbuilding, make no real difference for the rvr-game.

Stuff gets hoarded because it is to hard to get it. It's the only option we have, who knows when we find that item again?

Then people say the smuggler is not needed, that you shouldn't be able to put up contracts in ports without an outpost ... which is also saying that a working economy is not needed.

Perpetual war is not sustainable without a decent resourceflow.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

That specific stuff is not monopolized by contracts. RvR, as we know, has nothing to do with it and is surprisingly easy to bypass.

The rare woods were introduced to promote RvR. Did nothing of the like.

Rare resources are introduced to promote RvR. Not working again.

:)

Surprisingly players went for the easy road, aka alts. ^_^

10 hours ago, JobaSet said:

So what your saying is you refuse to RVR for ports, but still want the stuff that is sold in them.

Why is proper economic warfare not part of the war?

On 8/7/2017 at 1:32 PM, Skully said:

We just need to address mechanics to provide players the same capabilities as an alter (to a point).

For example: why can I not place contracts in an enemy port? It's like showing up in an enemy port battle without guns.