Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Unity 5 - Testbed Feedback topic.

Recommended Posts

Peter Goldman    1,281
50 minutes ago, admin said:

why?

I haven't seen official tests by @jodgi yet, but we expected Prince to have a good sailing profile all the way around, almost like a pickle but better. I still got no idea why Privateer handles worse downwind than a Lynx... (1-3 knots slower in ALL angles). Nonetheless, Prince got a huge handicap as you cannot turn a foremast, just this funny little foresail at the bottom which is almost useless for manoeuvring. Hermaphrodite rigging should make this ship very universal. Prince is better rigged than a Pickle, yet Pickle seems to be a better sailor from my observations.

About her guns and crew ...

Quote

At the time of her capture, Prince de Neufchatel was armed with 18 guns and had a crew of 129 men

http://www.1812privateers.org/Privateers/leandlog.html

Quote

9 am. sent a boat onboard prize discovered her to be the American privateer Prince of Neufchatel of 18 guns and and 129 men, 8 days from Boston, found that the jolly boat had swamped and broke adrift during the night from the prize employed remaining prisoners, received 48 sent mid. and 8 men on board with a months provisions.

3

 

Also:

Quote

Neufchatel operated in mainly European waters, damaging British shipping during the War of 1812. Noted for her speed, at one time she outran seventeen Man o war. She also at one point in her career fought off the boats of the British frigate Endymion.

 
Quote

With a recorded speed of 13½ knots and a crew of 129 men, and armed with 18 cannon, it was one of the swiftest and most successful privateers of the War of 1812.

1

 

Edited by Peter Goldman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
victor    690

@admin

Today on testbed I saw in one conquered port in the map the indication "daily tax" while in another conquered port there is no "daily tax" at all, what is it all about exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter Goldman    1,281
2 minutes ago, victor said:

@admin

Today on testbed I saw in one conquered port in the map the indication "daily tax" while in another conquered port there is no "daily tax" at all, what is it all about exactly?

How can a tax be daily?  Maybe it's about maintenance cost?

Edited by Peter Goldman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
victor    690
1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

How can a tax be daily?  Maybe it's about maintenance cost?

the indication is "daily tax" followed by about 64k gold, and it is placed - when you select the port in the map - near the tax rate 10% in a deep water port recently conquered by a spanish clan, while a shallow water port in the same situation (I mean recently conquered by the same spanish clan) has only the tax rate but no "daily tax".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter Goldman    1,281
Just now, victor said:

the indication is "daily tax" followed by about 64k gold, and it is placed - when you select the port in the map - near the tax rate 10% in a deep water port recently conquered by a spanish clan, while a shallow water port in the same situation (I mean recently conquered by the same spanish clan) has only the tax rate but no "daily tax".

It might mean the daily earnings from tax collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
victor    690
Just now, Peter Goldman said:

It might mean the daily earnings from tax collection.

It might mean a lot of things, that's the reason why I'm asking @admin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quineloe    1,136
19 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Trincomalee will lose all sails after couple of minutes of constant 4 stern chasers fire of chain with sniper accuracy from Surprise. Trincomalee has 4 bow chasers, doe... but whoever is firing them has a drunken accuracy so might as well shoot into the air. After Trinc with 60-70% sails will give up chase, Surprise will head back to kite again. Someone might actually say that Trincs should bring 200 Rig Repairs lol. 

Chasing away enemy is not a win. As long as enemy is not dead, he will come back sooner or later. A win situation is when you manage to kill your enemy. 

That's like chasing Surprises ganking at capitals with SOLs. Sure they will runaway, but will come back as soon as SOLs go back to ports.

The initial point was that a fast frigate could keep the grinders tagged in a battle without any more NPCs to sink for the entirety of the battle.  This was my counterpoint. The ships involved really do not matter, the point is the big grinders can exit and tag the next fleet while the harrassing Surprise remains in battle until it can escape.

 

>Surprise will head back to kite again.
Who, exactly? the big ships have left. The defending Frigate is keeping the surprise in battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Serk    243
1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

 Nonetheless, Prince got a huge handicap as you cannot turn a foremast, just this funny little foresail at the bottom which is almost useless for manoeuvring. Hermaphrodite rigging should make this ship very universal. Prince is better rigged than a Pickle, yet Pickle seems to be a better sailor from my observations.

This has been fixed in the last patch on testbed. Prince's foremast is now correctly depicted as square rigged and you can manual sail thoses. Kudos to devs for that ninja fix.

Sailing profile still include a massive speed loss when sailing downwind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter Goldman    1,281
6 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

The defending Frigate is keeping the surprise in battle.

 

No, it's the Surprise keeping the defending frigate in battle and can leave at will. Surprise kiting dictates the conditions. Frigates trying to prevent me from doing what I want will quickly run out of repairs, especially if I am not alone. We are not talking about a situation of 1 ship kiting a fleet (this happens too) but several ships doing so. Very often fleets are kited by 3-5 fast ships. All would be cool if SOLs could trigger a PB in one mission. One group will kite the "defending" frigates and another group will follow SOLs for next battle and kite them too. Defenders kite to delay enemies, to gain more time so more players would come to defend and kill attackers. 

This purely comes down to strategy by admin "if the attacker uses kiters, send defending frigates. If frigates get kited and SOLs need to continue and get kited by other frigates, you need more anti-kiting frigates". LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quineloe    1,136

In the end, the larger force in this scenario will flip the port because the smaller force is refusing to take the fight. That's ok with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeRuyter    725
2 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

I haven't seen official tests by @jodgi yet, but we expected Prince to have a good sailing profile all the way around, almost like a pickle but better. I still got no idea why Privateer handles worse downwind than a Lynx... (1-3 knots slower in ALL angles). Nonetheless, Prince got a huge handicap as you cannot turn a foremast, just this funny little foresail at the bottom which is almost useless for manoeuvring. Hermaphrodite rigging should make this ship very universal. Prince is better rigged than a Pickle, yet Pickle seems to be a better sailor from my observations.

About her guns and crew ...

http://www.1812privateers.org/Privateers/leandlog.html

 

Also:

 

Nice quotes. Interestingly she is as famous for fighting off Endyimon's boats (she was down on crew off on prizes too) than for her privateering (See Roosevelt). Keep in mind thought that she was initially rigged as a schooner so it is unclear with which rig she made her best speed. As @Serk points out she is now properly rigged as a hermaphrodite brig in game and one would think she would sail faster downwind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
admin    28,125
3 hours ago, victor said:

@admin

Today on testbed I saw in one conquered port in the map the indication "daily tax" while in another conquered port there is no "daily tax" at all, what is it all about exactly?

daily tax = tax collected in that port last day.

This might get replaced by High Medium Low in the future as captains of that time did not know exact tax but only could guess the richness of the city. This information will be very useful to find port battle targets to reap the rewards from popular (rich) cities like Cartagena

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
admin    28,125
54 minutes ago, DeRuyter said:

Nice quotes. Interestingly she is as famous for fighting off Endyimon's boats (she was down on crew off on prizes too) than for her privateering (See Roosevelt). Keep in mind thought that she was initially rigged as a schooner so it is unclear with which rig she made her best speed. As @Serk points out she is now properly rigged as a hermaphrodite brig in game and one would think she would sail faster downwind.

 

we agree with the comments that it should be more flexible. Its just we wanted to make it very fast at one point of sail but maybe we need to reconsider due to sail plan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Teutonic    1,065

the Hermione 5th rate.

I have been sailing it on the testbed and I'm not entirely sure how to sail it "right." anyone have pointers?

Is it supposed to act more like a "different" surprise? or more like the Frigate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
victor    690
12 hours ago, admin said:

daily tax = tax collected in that port last day.

This might get replaced by High Medium Low in the future as captains of that time did not know exact tax but only could guess the richness of the city. This information will be very useful to find port battle targets to reap the rewards from popular (rich) cities like Cartagena

 

thanks for the info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jodgi    2,331
49 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Is the testbed server not available anymore? I can't switch back to it on steam...

I still can.

ef4600878e9e3f4e45e73eceaafaf32e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Texas Sir    3,669
16 hours ago, admin said:

daily tax = tax collected in that port last day.

This might get replaced by High Medium Low in the future as captains of that time did not know exact tax but only could guess the richness of the city. This information will be very useful to find port battle targets to reap the rewards from popular (rich) cities like Cartagena

 

I mention above having the info listed in port.  Having it listed High Med or Low would be a good thing as only the owners should really know the tax rate unless you go to buy that port.  Than when your in port that is when you know the actual tax rate set by the owner.  Though not the income.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Lust    482
7 minutes ago, jodgi said:

I still can.

Thanks, i had to enter the code again even tho i already played the current testbuild. Just confused because i switched back and forth 2 times and now it didn't show up anymore without the code being entered again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeRuyter    725
15 hours ago, Teutonic said:

the Hermione 5th rate.

I have been sailing it on the testbed and I'm not entirely sure how to sail it "right." anyone have pointers?

Is it supposed to act more like a "different" surprise? or more like the Frigate?

I have found that she is not as fast upwind as Surprise and best point is 135 degrees. She does well up to 90 degrees. Maybe @jodgi has done a speed test and profile for her?

I am just disappointed that the model does not have a figurehead :(. Would have looked great with the one on the replica (a lion).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jodgi    2,331
18 minutes ago, DeRuyter said:

Maybe @jodgi has done a speed test and profile for her?

Well, ofcourse he has!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
victor    690

A question to the clans that already conquered a port in testbed: besides setting the tax rate, which are the options that are available to a clan owning the port?

Edited by victor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Texas Sir    3,669
13 hours ago, victor said:

A question to the clans that already conquered a port in testbed: besides setting the tax rate, which are the options that are available to a clan owning the port?

Good question.  The other thing can some one maybe screen shot the options you have when you take control of a port, even better a short video.  I been busy with Hurricane Harvey clean up I haven't been in game this week.  Was going going to try to get some clan members up to taking a port to test it our selves but just been a crazy last two weeks and not to mention numbers are so low cause hardly any one is playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fremen    111
15 hours ago, victor said:

A question to the clans that already conquered a port in testbed: besides setting the tax rate, which are the options that are available to a clan owning the port?

The options are:

1-Tax rate in that port, between 0%-10%. Updated after maintenance. (Hard  to test because are not really maintenance in test server)

2-Enemy Rights. You can pick National (only national can enter port) or Free for All.

3-Trading outpost. Here you can increase (or not) the produccion base of the goods in that port to max of 20%. But if do it you also increase the maintenance cost for the clan owner in same percentage. 

4-Labor Hours. You can decrease (0%, 10% or 20%) the cost of the labor hours to craft any good in the port. Same above, if do it you increase the daily cost to clan owner.

IMHO need to be reworked. 

1-More scope to taxes, may be between 0% and 50%.

2-National clans enter ok, but forbidden enter to "no friendly" clans in the same faction.

3-Increase defense of the port building new forts and towers? More NPC defenders if the clan was unable to full the PB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jodgi    2,331

I guess this is the best place for a bug report?

I've done missions in previous patch on testbed, but when I try to click out a mission in the current patch nothing happens. This is a follow-up of an F11.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×