Game-Labs Forum

Ship insurance

Time spent in game has its value. Every time when I encounter other players I do decision about my risk and what kind of reward I may get. With 1 durability ships I often choose to not fight because risk of loosing the ship and the expense of my time to get it back to certain part of the map is too big. I consider that I have to sail everywhere on my own and shipyards offering new ship of my liking are not everywhere.

I like to have option to buy back my ship at my outpost. The price should be high enough to avoid exploiting (i.e. 4x the average price of the materials plus original price in combat marks) . I can also imagine that the new ship will be not armed or will have just default medium cannons and will have all permanent mods removed. Gathering materials and shipbuilding should be cheaper. The buy back option should be for those that don't have time to sail in OW and wait for other players to trade and craft with them. 

People advise me to just go out in capped ships. That's even cheaper than what you suggest (free), but you wont't get the ship build you like.

I wish I had a way to get a good ship and avoid all the eco stuff, I'm not betting anything on it happening, though.

HOrrible idea here is why.....

the devs are struggling to balance the game as it is, the last thing we need is another game mechanic that can go horribly wrong.

look, they went from durability to no durability for a reason, because the game strives to be an immersive historical ship simulation not a world of warships style arcade game.

they also, BIG POINT HERE, they also reduced the cost to build a ship accordingly. so if it cost you 1000 gold to build a 5 durability ship before it now costs you 200gold to build that one ship now.

so now take that 800gold you save and put it into a savings plan to buy a new ship when you lose the one you have. Savings=insurance! :)

Edited by Rebel Witch

50 minutes ago, Rebel Witch said:

they also, BIG POINT HERE, they also reduced the cost to build a ship accordingly. so if it cost you 1000 gold to build a 5 durability ship before it now costs you 200gold to build that one ship now.

Ehr... BIG POINT HERE... they did not.

I think another :o is in order.