Game-Labs Forum
admin

Some information on NA Legends. Roadmap and Q&A

14 hours ago, Archaos said:

The problem I can foresee with the game going cross platform is that you will eventually run into issues with comments like "we cant add that because of limitations of so and so console". I feel consoles will in the long run restrict the game development. 

Part of me wants cross platform, part of me doesn't. Advantages and disadvantages  to both.

I know a lot of console guys who would love a game like this, but simply don't have a PC to run it.

Edited by Ruthless4u

2 hours ago, Archaos said:

The problem I can foresee with the game going cross platform is that you will eventually run into issues with comments like "we cant add that because of limitations of so and so console". I feel consoles will in the long run restrict the game development. 

Hopefully that shouldn't be too much of an issue with Unity 5 being so flexible on performance. With any luck most of the development should be finished before it's seen on consoles - would hate to wait a few weeks for patches to appear on PC just because of Sony/MS checking the console versions :)

Do not listen to people who will never pay for your game as to what should be free.

Seen that mistake play out before.

Offer a reasonable game for free, it will work out fine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fellvred said:

Hopefully that shouldn't be too much of an issue with Unity 5 being so flexible on performance. With any luck most of the development should be finished before it's seen on consoles - would hate to wait a few weeks for patches to appear on PC just because of Sony/MS checking the console versions :)

I have no experience in game development on any form of PC or console so I do not know what the limitations could be, but I have had experience in a previous cross platform game where console limitations did in some ways hold back future development. Consoles are relatively fixed and not as flexible as PC's so they cannot adapt to changes as easily. 

You say the development should be finished before its released on consoles, which is fine on release, but what if they want to make changes later, add new ships and new scenarios etc. Consoles cannot always handle this. I believe the licencing for consoles can be quite restrictive as to what you can and cannot do with a title released on them.

i quote my other topic post that get no answer, maybe here i can get it:

On 18/9/2017 at 5:50 PM, elite92 said:

where will be the server of legends? EU or US?

when will be the great day? ( admin said this week if i'm not mistaken)

Is there any info as to what are the rules regarding making videos of NA Legends ?

Is it same as for sea trials or ?

Can't wait to play it.

I really think this one could be huge :-)

• Like 1

I feel that we all probably forgot, so maybe it needs reminding.

When i got my Naval Action it had all the features existing in this so called new game. Devs removed them and created NA Legend. Now are we suppose to pay to get those features back? or did i got this all wrong?

1 hour ago, AxIslander said:

I feel that we all probably forgot, so maybe it needs reminding.

When i got my Naval Action it had all the features existing in this so called new game. Devs removed them and created NA Legend. Now are we suppose to pay to get those features back? or did i got this all wrong?

I missed sea trials so maybe I have no idea what features your talking about, so what features are you talking about?

I know legends is supposed to be free to play if that's what you are referring to.

1 hour ago, Ruthless4u said:

I missed sea trials so maybe I have no idea what features your talking about, so what features are you talking about?

I know legends is supposed to be free to play if that's what you are referring to.

I am talking about the lobby part of the game. 1vs1 / small battle / big battle. That part of the game no one was complaining about! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AxIslander said:

I am talking about the lobby part of the game. 1vs1 / small battle / big battle. That part of the game no one was complaining about! 

No need to be that emotional.

i don't see why we would have to pay for that content.

• Like 1

On 2017-09-26 at 4:20 PM, Justme said:

No need to be that emotional.

i don't see why we would have to pay for that content.

I am not emotional, just curious. The plan, sounds to me, is give away NA Legends but, you need to pay, if you want the Premium game. And in my opinion i allready had that and it was removed.

I think Cartman said it best: https://youtu.be/Z9hfZJ9VKPE

Edited by AxIslander

On 9/26/2017 at 10:31 AM, AxIslander said:

Lobby battles were never promised and were in the game for quick testing of some combat mechanics. Lobby battles contradict the spirit of the open world and were removed once we tested things we wanted to test. They were removed just like combat log/ sound log, pray button, and many other testing tools that have been or will be removed. Even ships line up might change (Steam warned you on the steam purchase page - the game might change and even might never get done). 

Just in case we are clear. Lobby battles, duel button, were never a guaranteed feature and are never coming back to NA open world. They are against the spirit and our vision for the open world experience. 

please keep na open world discussions to to the open world sections. This forum is focuses on another game.

• Like 3

Можете ли вы в этой игре сделать мушкетеров (стрелков), в виде АОЕ, дабы протестить борьбу с кормовыми сидельцами?

Edited by Pasha Souvenir2

Hello fellow Captains,

as you can probably tell, I'm usually not too much of a vocal forum's asset and thus didn't apply for testing Naval Action Legends due to a lack of posts i could rely on. I'm totally good with that as I understand that testers are needed at this stage in order to provide feedback. However i wouldn't neglect the opportunity if someone felt there were not enough players on the servers and was kind enough to share the key with me.

With nothing but great memories of the old Sea Trials and Fellvred's Small Battle Challenge, I'm really excited for Legends right now. So at least I'd surely provide another target for you to shoot at apart from some AI.

In any case I'm looking forward to the free for all release and hope for some new opportunities to live up to my name. While I did enjoy the open world for some time, Legends seems to be a lot more suitable for me.

I salute all of you and hope to see you on the high seas soon!

(Sorry if this whole post seems weird. I just wanted to put my excitement into words and ended up writing this.)

On 9/29/2017 at 10:59 PM, Jeremiah Gunsmoke said:

Did you end up getting a key from someone? If not, let me know and I'll send it to ya.

55 minutes ago, Rebel Witch said:

Having NAL as a seperate game from NA is a huge mistake in my opinion. Isnt there some way to make NAL  a part of NA?

Why, how and why?

4 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Are there any Crossover Paths Planned for NA Open World and NA Legends ?

Like giving Voucher Codes to earn one Game to get a Bonus in the other?

Almost certainly not.

Is gonna be like Wows random battle on it?

Great!

hope I can join testing so (was join Naval action 2015)

Btw, does Yacht also add in NAL ?

Edited by MaxBlackHawk