Game-Labs Forum
admin

Some information on NA Legends. Roadmap and Q&A

Ruthless4u    270
14 hours ago, Archaos said:

The problem I can foresee with the game going cross platform is that you will eventually run into issues with comments like "we cant add that because of limitations of so and so console". I feel consoles will in the long run restrict the game development. 

Part of me wants cross platform, part of me doesn't. Advantages and disadvantages  to both.

I know a lot of console guys who would love a game like this, but simply don't have a PC to run it.

Edited by Ruthless4u

Fellvred    265
2 hours ago, Archaos said:

The problem I can foresee with the game going cross platform is that you will eventually run into issues with comments like "we cant add that because of limitations of so and so console". I feel consoles will in the long run restrict the game development. 

Hopefully that shouldn't be too much of an issue with Unity 5 being so flexible on performance. With any luck most of the development should be finished before it's seen on consoles - would hate to wait a few weeks for patches to appear on PC just because of Sony/MS checking the console versions :)

PongoNW    35

Do not listen to people who will never pay for your game as to what should be free.

Seen that mistake play out before.

Offer a reasonable game for free, it will work out fine.

Archaos    426
7 hours ago, Fellvred said:

Hopefully that shouldn't be too much of an issue with Unity 5 being so flexible on performance. With any luck most of the development should be finished before it's seen on consoles - would hate to wait a few weeks for patches to appear on PC just because of Sony/MS checking the console versions :)

I have no experience in game development on any form of PC or console so I do not know what the limitations could be, but I have had experience in a previous cross platform game where console limitations did in some ways hold back future development. Consoles are relatively fixed and not as flexible as PC's so they cannot adapt to changes as easily. 

You say the development should be finished before its released on consoles, which is fine on release, but what if they want to make changes later, add new ships and new scenarios etc. Consoles cannot always handle this. I believe the licencing for consoles can be quite restrictive as to what you can and cannot do with a title released on them.

elite92    572

i quote my other topic post that get no answer, maybe here i can get it:

On 18/9/2017 at 5:50 PM, elite92 said:

where will be the server of legends? EU or US?

when will be the great day? ( admin said this week if i'm not mistaken)

Grunf    52

Is there any info as to what are the rules regarding making videos of NA Legends ?

Is it same as for sea trials or ?

Can't wait to play it.

I really think this one could be huge :-)