Game-Labs Forum
admin

Some information on NA Legends. Roadmap and Q&A

admin    28,100
1 hour ago, JobaSet said:

I missed the Applied stuff for Legends is there a way I can get on that train.

Justme    362
On August 15, 2017 at 9:05 AM, admin said:

I understand where you are coming from, but your definition of scamming does not apply here. Scamming is telling you that something will be free and then sneaking a cost into it = lying to players. 

In our case it does not happen. We are open about it from the start. World of tanks, which i was lucky to work on in Wargaming, grew from 1000 players to 100 million players with that feature. Approximately 25% of players paid for premium accounts and the rest 75% enjoyed the content for free (never paid a cent). If you were right then WOT would never grow to 100 mln players.

+ free means a lot of players/a lot of targets - to support that some things we have to charge for. 

Nvm missed the post were you said small pay for groups have been removed

Edited by Justme

Justme    362
10 minutes ago, admin said:

If no one else has asked, when is the sign up for testing likely for PS4/Xbox 1. Have some friends interested but they don't have PC's

elite92    570
1 hour ago, Justme said:

If no one else has asked, when is the sign up for testing likely for PS4/Xbox 1. Have some friends interested but they don't have PC's

+1, i have a PS4 PRO here by my side with a 4k tv ready and a fiber connection if u need a tester in both console and pc im ready :)

Justme    362
3 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Filthy console peasants, I'm glad it will be cross-platform because it will be ezz to kill you :lol:

Cross platform? I must of missed it somewhere

Justme    362
On August 15, 2017 at 11:08 PM, The MetaBaron said:

what about finishing your first game before starting another... there is no excuse here, we have all been open to a bunch of forms of making more money off the existing game to help development.. but no instead you are making a new game? Perfect the first one, then move on. You are a small studio, you cannot pretend that working on this second game no matter how similar will not significantly affect the development of the game that made it possible... and still waits for endless refinements.

Naval action open world is basically a lost cause at this point due to the PVE players wanting the game dumbed down to FarmVille of the seas.

Let the PVP players salvage something from the sinking ship that was naval action open world

jodgi    2,312
21 minutes ago, Justme said:

Naval action open world is basically a lost cause at this point due to the PVE players wanting the game dumbed down to FarmVille of the seas.

Let the PVP players salvage something from the sinking ship that was naval action open world

2283679759_7cfa24f2e6.jpg

Ruthless4u    269
On August 15, 2017 at 6:05 AM, admin said:

We would like to provide the information on the NA Legends and the short roadmap.

Feature set 

The game is planned as a free to play game on PC.
This will guarantee large amount of players on the start and remove the price obstacle on trying the game. Some of those players might convert to paying users and even try the open world edition as well. 

Monetization
Monetization will be simple and manly using best practices of the industry, but will avoid shady practices. There will be no nickeling and diming in form of ship slots or ammo or other crap F2P style mechanics. 

Things that players will be able to pay for

• Premium account - increasing XP and Money gains (a-la wot and wows)
  • Premium ships (some of which will also be available as tournament or event rewards). Every premium vessel will have a free similar ship available to non-paying users. For example if there is a premium frigate of 34-38 guns, this will mean there there is going to be a free frigate in this gun range.
  • Skins and flags
  • Officer retraining (also available for in game money)

Ships

Standard ship line up will consist of 24 ships including all 1st and 3nd rates that are currently in game (from Lynx to Santisima Trinidad. These 24 ships will be available for free players. Players will be able to unlock ships and buy them in the similar way it was done in original Sea Trials. There will be no premium ships with guns complement above 90+. But there will be ship of the lines given as tournament prizes.

Testing roadmap

NA legends testing will start soon. The testing will be done in 3 stages. 

• Stage 1: We will provide the build for internal testers and some select (without UI) - the goal will be to test stability of instances and major bugs that could arise from Unity 5. Do not worry about getting in at this stage - it is going to las only a week. 
  • Stage 2: Once UI is finished we will provide the access key to all who applied - they will be free to share the access keys with whoever they want as well. 
  • Stage 3: Access will open to all NA owners

Testing will be done on 2-3 game types (maps) with various win conditions and objectives

• One objective - simple meeting engagement with
  • 2 Objectives with forts (capturable) 
  • 3 Objectives - similar to current port battles 

If initial testing runs will be complete and are successful we will take parts of the current OW map tech to event generation providing randomized battles in various locations making every battle unique. In addition to that tournament content will be added in form of weekend automated tournaments (a-la fifa weekend league). 

Once testing is done we will open the access to the general public and work will start to optimize the game for PS4 and XBOX One - we already have the xbox version running but it needs some more optimization.

Please ask questions if you have any. 

1. Is it likely that XONE version would be released before PS4 given there is a working version?

2. Will there be a beta period for console, if so any idea on how players would sign up?

3. Can we expect Console versions to be free to play as well, asking because it only mentions Free 2 play for PC.

4. Can we expect any cross platform play between PC and console versions?( sorry if I missed this in thread)

5. Do you anticipate major changes to how  control is handled due to Xbox and PS4 controllers. Any thoughts how this impacts cross platform play if that's enabled?

6. Any ETA on console version launch. Sorry had to ask :D

Hope that's not to many questions

Edited by Ruthless4u

Destraex    990

A few thoughts guys.

PS4 and XBOX One :( sobs. I have noticed a trend back to multi platform recently. Bit bummed about this. I generally won't spend money on games that go multi platform. Because I want the PC to thrive and believe that after consoles almost killed PCs a few years back that we need to make sure that all the cutting edge stuff going on here on the PC does not get snuffed out again by the console greed. The PC can be anything any of us want. Not so with consoles which lack modding and the interfaces and control options to truly go anywhere a developer needs to for realism and need licensing. Will the game be dumbed down for console players? 
Free for everybody now? I was kinda hoping that everybody would have to buy naval action to get access. Thereby encouraging people who wanted more to migrate over because they then would have access to both.

Still I look forward to seeing this as a success. I hope that it will sit alongside world of warships for me without all the gamey world of warships mechanics.

I also hope that this new game develops new "realistic" features that are easily plugged right into the open world game.

Forward unto the brave new world that awaits the age of sail.

elite92    570
4 minutes ago, Destraex said:

A few thoughts guys.

PS4 and XBOX One :( sobs. I have noticed a trend back to multi platform recently. Bit bummed about this. I generally won't spend money on games that go multi platform. Because I want the PC to thrive and believe that after consoles almost killed PCs a few years back that we need to make sure that all the cutting edge stuff going on here on the PC does not get snuffed out again by the console greed. The PC can be anything any of us want. Not so with consoles which lack modding and the interfaces and control options to truly go anywhere a developer needs to for realism and need licensing. Will the game be dumbed down for console players? 
Free for everybody now? I was kinda hoping that everybody would have to buy naval action to get access. Thereby encouraging people who wanted more to migrate over because they then would have access to both.

Still I look forward to seeing this as a success. I hope that it will sit alongside world of warships for me without all the gamey world of warships mechanics.

I also hope that this new game develops new "realistic" features that are easily plugged right into the open world game.

Forward unto the brave new world that awaits the age of sail.

devs only problem with Legends should be hire a big enough server with 10k + players online cause this (if done correctly) would be a succes among all platform (i dont think there will be crossplay, but if i mistake it will be awesome). trust a 2k+ hours players: the best part of NA is combat, and i dont see why a only combat game should be as bad as u describe.

with all the respect, elite.

jodgi    2,312
25 minutes ago, Manofthesea said:

Thank you and will you send me an e-mail if I get picked?

Or forum PM, maybe?

jodgi    2,312
35 minutes ago, Manofthesea said:

Is that just my messages or my notifications?

If they send out PM, if, you'll get a notification about a message, so both. ;)

Justme    362
On September 9, 2017 at 9:04 AM, elite92 said:

devs only problem with Legends should be hire a big enough server with 10k + players online cause this (if done correctly) would be a succes among all platform (i dont think there will be crossplay, but if i mistake it will be awesome). trust a 2k+ hours players: the best part of NA is combat, and i dont see why a only combat game should be as bad as u describe.

with all the respect, elite.

The problem with cross play from PC to console is mouse and keyboard vs standard console controller.

I could see it being an issue if one offers a distinct advantage over the other which I believe m+k would.

Then would it be cross play with only one console or both? Given that Sony does not want cross play with MS( wot console been trying for over a year for that ) who would the PC version cross play with.

jodgi    2,312
17 minutes ago, Manofthesea said:

Thank you and do you know when the testing is going to be done?

We have been given hints that the first group might start this week if everything goes as planned. Plans change, though. A while ago they said that weekend or short duration tests were planned first. Take a big gulp of patience.

Archaos    417

The problem I can foresee with the game going cross platform is that you will eventually run into issues with comments like "we cant add that because of limitations of so and so console". I feel consoles will in the long run restrict the game development.