Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Some information on NA Legends. Roadmap and Q&A

Recommended Posts

admin    28,100
11 minutes ago, jodgi said:

I don't disagree, and I take note that WoT has no restrictions on platoons at all (anymore).

 

i might have missed it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jodgi    2,312
4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

See Foxhole and in-game push-to-talk voice comms. It works brilliantly.

Sure, everything helps.

In some cases it is so shitty noone uses it (wot), in other cases it works ok technically and is somewhat used (Aces High).

Let's hope the foxhole guys are able to make a usable implementation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jodgi    2,312
1 minute ago, admin said:

i might have missed it :)

lol, I actually had to go ask someone to make sure. Don't feel bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
admin    28,100
2 minutes ago, jodgi said:

lol, I actually had to go ask someone to make sure. Don't feel bad.

well we launch tests with free platoons anyway. so who knows maybe free platoons it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jodgi    2,312
4 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Maybe you should add premium ships to the OW version, too. Like a premium surprise that you can redeem 5x each week with guns? Less complaining from casuals / new players about expensive ship crafting / prices and more pvp ( maybe ) + $$$ cash for you. I hear alot complaining about how the game takes so much time and grind etc. so why not let people pay to bypass some if they want?

Go suggest that in the general section or in some OW or eco related topic. It's super fun! ;)

No, really, the sandbox and eco doods really take offense at prem stuff. I'd use it, tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Lust    482
Just now, jodgi said:

No, really, the sandbox and eco doods really take offense at prem stuff. I'd use it, tho.

I don't see the problem... some people work ingame to get the ship and some work irl to get the same ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King of Crowns    392
1 hour ago, admin said:

I understand where you are coming from, but your definition of scamming does not apply here. Scamming is telling you that something will be free and then sneaking a cost into it = lying to players. 

In our case it does not happen. We are open about it from the start. World of tanks, which i was lucky to work on in Wargaming, grew from 1000 players to 100 million players with that feature. Approximately 25% of players paid for premium accounts and the rest 75% enjoyed the content for free (never paid a cent). If you were right then WOT would never grow to 100 mln players.

+ free means a lot of players/a lot of targets - to support that some things we have to charge for. 

I would also recommend looking at the dota 2 model of free to play. it is a free to play in its purest form. skins are the only thing that are able to be purchased in that game. I don't mind spending some money here and there on the game simply because it is a true free to play. it is impossible for one player to gain any advantage at all over another player with real life money. I know I would pay money for a figure head on a ship or a symbol painted onto my sails. pretty sure the rest of us would as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Lust    482
2 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

I would also recommend looking at the dota 2 model of free to play. it is a free to play in its purest form. skins are the only thing that are able to be purchased in that game. I don't mind spending some money here and there on the game simply because it is a true free to play. it is impossible for one player to gain any advantage at all over another player with real life money. I know I would pay money for a figure head on a ship or a symbol painted onto my sails. pretty sure the rest of us would as well. 

Pretty much this. You get more $$$ and the game looks better because not all ships of the same type are copy paste but have different paints / sail colour etc. - it's win-win.

Edited by Captain Lust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jodgi    2,312
6 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

it is impossible for one player to gain any advantage at all over another player with real life money.

This is how the wot/wows model works, unless you count cheaper expenses and accelerated grind as a pay2win thing.

 

7 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

I know I would pay money for a figure head on a ship or a symbol painted onto my sails. pretty sure the rest of us would as well.

meh, but that's just me. I do know that wot's main income is prem time, next up is prem vehicles. They released those numbers though not on the front page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeRuyter    724
3 hours ago, jodgi said:

I'd be very, very careful with that. Notice that a healthy game like wot never offered that while life support games sometimes do (Armored Warfare).

WoWs has an AI coop mode and just ran a Dunkirk coop scenario vs. AI. Sounds like exactly what he was taking about - practice vs. AI. I don't think WoWs is exactly on life support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeRuyter    724
6 hours ago, admin said:

We have not considered this yet. We don't know if it is an issue. 
It's a new game. And combat model will start deviating pretty soon (for example we already have shallows implemented in instances).
 

Excellent!! I can already see mixed fleet in fort attack battles!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jodgi    2,312
1 minute ago, DeRuyter said:

WoWs has an AI coop mode and just ran a Dunkirk coop scenario vs. AI. Sounds like exactly what he was taking about - practice vs. AI. I don't think WoWs is exactly on life support.

I deliberately avoided mentioning wows because that would've ruined my narrative. :P

Still dead scared of letting people twiddle with bots instead of filling the pvp matchmaker queues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeRuyter    724
6 minutes ago, jodgi said:

I deliberately avoided mentioning wows because that would've ruined my narrative. :P

Still dead scared of letting people twiddle with bots instead of filling the pvp matchmaker queues.

I see your point. Easily remedied. Fighting bots in wows doesn't give sh** for xp and most of the extra rewards are only given for pvp. Something that could be applied in NAL and in the OW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jodgi    2,312
1 minute ago, DeRuyter said:

Fighting bots in wows doesn't give sh** for xp

It used to be half, didn't it?

It'll prolly be ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Celtiberofrog    568

I'm puzzled about this news.

All these years of testing, was hard work for Dev's and it was good fun for players/testers.

All these hours that hundreds of players spent became very valuable for NA Dev's, it drasticly helped to optimize NA.

All those players/testers paid for enjoying the Beta NA, it financed NA development.

At the end of the day a new game will be launched

I trully hope that there will be a fair reward (or privilege) to all the testers/players when accessing the new NA Legends 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordOfDope    55
4 hours ago, admin said:

I understand where you are coming from, but your definition of scamming does not apply here. Scamming is telling you that something will be free and then sneaking a cost into it = lying to players. 

In our case it does not happen. We are open about it from the start. World of tanks, which i was lucky to work on in Wargaming, grew from 1000 players to 100 million players with that feature. Approximately 25% of players paid for premium accounts and the rest 75% enjoyed the content for free (never paid a cent). If you were right then WOT would never grow to 100 mln players.

+ free means a lot of players/a lot of targets - to support that some things we have to charge for. 

but Wargaming changed their way with the squads together with premium ammo after their first year(s). You didnt need premium anymore to make a group. that is a bit P2W. You have ALWAYS an advantage when you are in a group against an enemy thats only solo's.

premium ships, gainings from a battle and cosmetics is all fine but dont implement  grouping up for premiums only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordOfDope    55
2 hours ago, jodgi said:

lol, I actually had to go ask someone to make sure. Don't feel bad.

yeah you are right here.

I have played wau to much WoT since their closed beta and they cjanged it somewhere in their first 2 years

 

 

 

Hopefully we can also get smaller battles like organized teams 7v7 like they do a lot on WoT. That made the game popular as E-Sport and gives a good variation

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pada    560

Thanks for the news! Really like that you add randomized battles. That would have be the only thing i miss from the open world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
312_JS    125

"Premium account giving access to groups"

This is the only one I do not like. :'(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
312_JS    125
4 hours ago, admin said:

I understand where you are coming from, but your definition of scamming does not apply here. Scamming is telling you that something will be free and then sneaking a cost into it = lying to players. 

In our case it does not happen. We are open about it from the start. World of tanks, which i was lucky to work on in Wargaming, grew from 1000 players to 100 million players with that feature. Approximately 25% of players paid for premium accounts and the rest 75% enjoyed the content for free (never paid a cent). If you were right then WOT would never grow to 100 mln players.

+ free means a lot of players/a lot of targets - to support that some things we have to charge for. 

I understand your argument about WoT not needing free groups, but NA combat is much more team play dependant, than WoT is in my opinion..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Louis Garneray    580
2 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

 I know I would pay money for a figure head on a ship or a symbol painted onto my sails. pretty sure the rest of us would as well. 

Add to that the possibility to name your ships :)
Elite Dangerous did it... and I paid for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, admin said:

Yes but world of tanks has the elegant solution. Only one of them needs to have a premium the other 2 (squadron) or 24 (fleet) players don't have to have it.

In War Thunder, creating a group of 2 players is free and you need to have a Premium account to create a group of 3 or 4 players. Think about that ;)

Edited by Major General La Fayette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elite92    570

no restrictions on groups for free users pls devs.

u will get enough money from premium subs, skins, flags , and personalizated sails ( personally i ll buy for sure the possibility to have my clan symbol on my sails, would be awesome also for 5 € ). then simply add paints for money ( u have all this coded and in the game so its free money for u ).

but pls, again, try to avoid every type of P2W in this Legends. (as some1 mentioned above, grouping for money vs solo players is pay to win, especially in a game like NA).

make the good choice ! <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
admin    28,100
2 hours ago, Celtiberofrog said:

I'm puzzled about this news.

All these years of testing, was hard work for Dev's and it was good fun for players/testers.

All these hours that hundreds of players spent became very valuable for NA Dev's, it drasticly helped to optimize NA.

All those players/testers paid for enjoying the Beta NA, it financed NA development.

At the end of the day a new game will be launched

I trully hope that there will be a fair reward (or privilege) to all the testers/players when accessing the new NA Legends 

I just want to set expectations straight. To avoid future miscommunication and discontent. 

NA legends is a working title. We have a better name for it but we don't know yet if we want to use it or keep for single player game. 
NA legends is a completely separate game. You are VERY welcome to come test it and play it but you don't have to. 
NA legends is a closed test - it might fail and get shut down. 

So some reward or privilege is extremely early to talk about, but of course it will be considered. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
admin    28,100
59 minutes ago, elite92 said:

 

make the good choice ! <3

removed small paid groups (unless they are 25 player fleets, just in case we might need it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×