Game-Labs Forum
admin

Some information on NA Legends. Roadmap and Q&A

shaeberle84    329
6 minutes ago, admin said:

I understand where you are coming from, but your definition of scamming does not apply here. Scamming is telling you that something will be free and then sneaking a cost into it = lying to players. 

In our case it does not happen. We are open about it from the start. World of tanks, which i was lucky to work on in Wargaming, grew from 1000 players to 100 million players with that feature. Approximately 25% of players paid for premium accounts and the rest 75% enjoyed the content for free (never paid a cent). If you were right then WOT would never grow to 100 mln players.

+ free means a lot of players/a lot of targets - to support that some things we have to charge for. 

Does your plan mean I can only join 1vs1 fights without a premium account? Or does it mean I can join also larger fights, but I fight together with strangers? So if I want to fight with a group of three friends, can we join a 4vs4/6vs6 and so on, only if one of us is a premium account?

jodgi    2,312
3 minutes ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

please do create some content for single or groups vs AI like a horde mode or a general setting where you can practise a little or warm up before going head first into PVP :)

I'd be very, very careful with that. Notice that a healthy game like wot never offered that while life support games sometimes do (Armored Warfare).

Custard    139
3 minutes ago, admin said:

I understand where you are coming from, but your definition of scamming does not apply here. Scamming is telling you that something will be free and then sneaking a cost into it = lying to players. 

In our case it does not happen. We are open about it from the start. World of tanks, which i was lucky to work on in Wargaming, grew from 1000 players to 100 million players with that feature. Approximately 25% of players paid for premium accounts and the rest 75% enjoyed the content for free (never paid a cent). If you were right then WOT would never grow to 100 mln players.

+ free means a lot of players/a lot of targets - to support that some things we have to charge for. 

I understand developers need an income from a FTP game however the only issues I ever had with the WOT model was initially the only way premium ammo could be obtained was paying real money for it (as soon as I could buy it with ingame credit it became a non issue for me) and only allowing premium account holders to platoon with 2 others limiting mortals to 1 this made me :angry: everything else was all good.

I genuinely regret not buying a Type 59 when I started playing WOT.

jodgi    2,312
2 minutes ago, shaeberle84 said:

Or does it mean I can join also larger fights, but I fight together with strangers?

Correct.

admin    28,100
3 minutes ago, shaeberle84 said:

Does your plan mean I can only join 1vs1 fights without a premium account? Or does it mean I can join also larger fights, but I fight together with strangers? So if I want to fight with a group of three friends, can we join a 4vs4/6vs6 and so on, only if one of us is a premium account?

You can join any battles from 1v1 to 25v25 without paying anything
You can join any group without paying anything
But to create a group yourself you need to have a premium

In theory if you have 25 friends who play all the time - only one of you needs to get a premium and will invite the rest to play as a fleet.  

Captain Lust    482
3 hours ago, admin said:

Monetization will be simple and manly using best practices of the industry, but will avoid shady practices. There will be no nickeling and diming in form of ship slots or ammo or other crap F2P style mechanics. 

giphy.gif

shaeberle84    329
4 minutes ago, admin said:

You can join any battles from 1v1 to 25v25 without paying anything
You can join any group without paying anything
But to create a group yourself you need to have a premium

In theory if you have 25 friends who play all the time - only one of you needs to get a premium and will invite the rest to play as a fleet.  

Thank you, that sound quite fair to me.

OlavDeng2    1,500

While i understand the need for premium account for you guys to get an income, could i maybe urge you guys to do some short of limited group for free to play players? Like maybe only being able to do a 2 man group? After all, new players dont want to pay money for a game right out of the gate when the game is free to play and it isnt unusual for a pair of friends(or more) to jump into a game at the same time or similar time. I think 2 man groups is a nice compromise for groups for F2P and Premium users

Are there any plans to help with cooperation of teams that were assembled from random users? 25 vs 25 warships should not fight without cooperation IMHO

Edited by Armored_Sheep

jodgi    2,312
1 minute ago, Armored_Sheep said:

Are there any plans to help with cooperation of teams that were assembled from random users?

Can you imagine a way to make that happen?

With random pubbies it's that special kind of total madness in (all) those other games, with the occasional exception.

Vizzini    91

I'd bet there are people who thought they were getting Legends for free as they had paid to iron out the wrinkles in the game on Naval Action. Now it might seem that they could have saved their money and paid the same as everybody else will pay ....

Need to be some form of reward for people who paid for the game , even if it's just the ability to be able to play with their friends. Methinks they won't be able to do that in the OW for much longer the way it's going.

elite92    570

pay for premium subs ok

pay for (not-op) premium ships ok

pay for estethics things like flags and sails ok

pay to play with teammates, absolutely NO

JollyRoger1516    705

As far as I remeber it was originally stated that current owners of NA would get Legends for free. As now absolutely everybody gets the game for free (kinda making this no reward at all) will you compensate current NA players in some form or is the idea of rewarding those that tested the current game gone now?

And please don't lock teamplay behind a paywall. Whether advertised or not that is the essence of any online game. There is no point in playing online if your (online)friends are not by your side.

Edited by JollyRoger1516

JollyRoger1516    705

Additional question: Will there be an official TeamSpeak Server for this game? Even in 'random games' most of us would surely prefer an organised fleet (god I wish I could do more of that in WoWs).

Should there not be one I'd be happy to offer my guys TS for this including our moderators who will take the piss out of anyone on equal grounds ;)

jodgi    2,312
14 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

Need to be some form of reward for people who paid for the game

Don't you still have access to the game you paid for?

10 minutes ago, elite92 said:

pay to play with teammates, absolutely NO

Just to be on the safe side: Keep in mind standard account players can still join toons without restrictions. It is only making the toon that is planned to be reserved for premium account.

^

13 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

And please don't lock teamplay behind a paywall.

4 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

Additional question: Will there be an official TeamSpeak Server for this game?

There is already that unofficial discord...

Vizzini    91
1 minute ago, jodgi said:

Now, yes I guess , although the way the OW game is being run into the ground right now, I am not certain for how long.

elite92    570
6 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Just to be on the safe side: Keep in mind standard account players can still join toons without restrictions. It is only making the toon that is planned to be reserved for premium account.

i know, but would be a shame if 2 friends that download the game from steam and want to play togheter, cant because of this pay to playwithfriends mechanics.

many players will quit after a couple of game lost badly and alone.

remember the skill gap between us and a new f2p players of legends, we need as more of them as possible.

(i LIKE to play vs Liquicity, but i DONT WANT to fight only him everyday)

PS: premium and other type of pay things would be good enough for devs, they dont need money from group of friends too.

Edited by elite92

JollyRoger1516    705
3 minutes ago, jodgi said:

There is already that unofficial discord...

It was specifically stated that we'd get access without payment. That sounded special back then - isnt anymore hence the questions.

Discord is a pile of (admittedly free) crap when it comes to organising more than 5 people. It suffers from a bad twitter style design and lacks any real overview. Especially for people who aren't 16 year old girls Discord ususally holds little appeal and you might as well use skype then... But this isn't really about were we run our player made game support. The real question was whether the game would have an official comms center.

Bart Smith    1,621

Well will be follow NAL development with hope than this boost up developing of NA at some point instead slow it down. Admin mentioned - all income of NAL will help develop NA which i fully support. But after Sea Trials simple don`t want enter same river beside im not fan of lobby based games. Finish NA is what i expecting as primary

jodgi    2,312
3 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

Especially for people who aren't 16 year old girls

Whoa! Easy on the passive aggressive!

5 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

The real question was whether the game would have an official comms center.

Unlikely.

jodgi    2,312
13 minutes ago, elite92 said:

premium and other type of pay things would be good enough for devs, they dont need money from group of friends too.

I don't disagree, and I take note that WoT has no restrictions on platoons at all (anymore).

14 minutes ago, elite92 said:

many players will quit after a couple of game lost badly and alone.

Even the best WoT players in a three man platoon can lose two or more matches in a row. It happens but it's not the norm. Most players start out alone and only later seek out the social aspect. Normal players are happy with winning 49% of their matches and losing streaks are a norm. Don't sweat it!

9 minutes ago, akd said:

Sounds great!  Still need to sign up for testing.

Chop, chop!

JollyRoger1516    705
18 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Whoa! Easy on the passive aggressive!

Unlikely.

In that case lets start discussing unofficial comms centers :)

Also 16 year old girls are a major pain in the arse. I should know I was a teacher for a while.

Also you can't tell me what to do YOURE NOT MY SUPERVISOR :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEwlW5sHQ4Q

Edited by JollyRoger1516

Wraith    1,348
54 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Can you imagine a way to make that happen?

With random pubbies it's that special kind of total madness in (all) those other games, with the occasional exception.

See Foxhole and in-game push-to-talk voice comms. It works brilliantly.

Captain Lust    482
4 hours ago, admin said:

There will be no premium ships with guns complement above 90+.

Maybe you should add premium ships to the OW version, too. Like a premium surprise that you can redeem 5x each week with guns? Less complaining from casuals / new players about expensive ship crafting / prices and more pvp ( maybe ) + $$$ cash for you. I hear alot complaining about how the game takes so much time and grind etc. so why not let people pay to bypass some if they want?