Game-Labs Forum

PvP Marks

I want to suggest we reintroduce the PvP marks. Not because I want more idiotic permits for ships (that make zero sense) but because I want an alternative to PvE grinding for books. The dropchance for books in PvE missions should not be affected - I believe in giving players choices in strategies for the game and if some wants to PvE - fine by me. But at the moment there really is no incentive to go PvP'ing. You get more gold from trading (as in millions more gold!), you get more xp from PvE'ing (because of the reduced sail-times) and you get more rewards from PvE'ing (as in books). So basically when I kill someone it's because I like to hear them scream. Not to say mind you that it isn't an incentive. Chances are though that the fewest numbers are going hunting for that reason alone.

So my suggestion:

Reintroduce PvP marks and make a shop where all books are available for PvP marks. Make it worth it to hear ppl scream! And just for all the carebears that wanna kill their alts to get books - it's a bannable offence and should be auto-forfeiting the account if found guilty of farming.

Reward for PvE or PvP should be equal, then there is no need to introduce an exploitable mechanism.

3 hours ago, Skully said:

True, sinking a player takes more effort and thus should yield more reward. But then you have effectively created a faucet which is exploitable through alts.

The game can not discern whether you are sinking a real player or an alt. In theory you can normalize on the time spend to sink a ship, but I have in the past sunk some real players in mere minutes or just a single volley.

Hence I said, I don't see a problem if the reward is proportional to what gets sunk.