Game-Labs Forum

Official Polls

A lot of players feel the developers have given up on the game but I believe they are just ignoring major and minor community suggestions and adding what they feel will help the game which causes more issues. By adding an in-game poll for everyone to vote on certain updates such as new ships/game mechanics presented by the developers we the community will have a chance to better the game. I recently came back to Naval Action after a few months and everything has went to hell and I don't feel anything will improve unless you start listening to the community. I love this game and I don't want to see the players leave every week. 

• Like 1

On 12.08.2017 at 5:19 PM, Captain Dug said:

A lot of players feel the developers have given up on the game but I believe they are just ignoring major and minor community suggestions and adding what they feel will help the game which causes more issues. By adding an in-game poll for everyone to vote on certain updates such as new ships/game mechanics presented by the developers we the community will have a chance to better the game. I recently came back to Naval Action after a few months and everything has went to hell and I don't feel anything will improve unless you start listening to the community. I love this game and I don't want to see the players leave every week. 

This post is based on rumors and lies spread by haters. 

There are no major or minor community suggestion that have not been tried over the last 2 years. For example - open world itself IS A COMMUNITY SUGGESTION we never planned to do it and did it because players requested it. Thus you should respond to players who spread such rumors and show them the light. If you don't do this we will only see negative comments on the forums (especially steam forums) and will think that listening to you does not matter - even if integrate crafting, trading, alliances, and 1000s of minor features like ability to move camera when aiming with ALT (all these features were proposed by players), it seems posts like this will come up. This is all in your hands.

• Like 7

On 8/12/2017 at 5:19 PM, Captain Dug said:

By adding an in-game poll for everyone to vote on certain updates such as new ships/game mechanics presented by the developers we the community will have a chance to better the game.

There are 24309 registered users on forum and more than 100k game owner.

I'm sure that a poll in the game will give more useful data than posts on the forum.

Because you do not know who the author is, how much he plays, and he has a copy of the game.

8 hours ago, admin said:

This post is based on rumors and lies spread by haters. 

There are no major or minor community suggestion that have not been tried over the last 2 years. For example - open world itself IS A COMMUNITY SUGGESTION we never planned to do it and did it because players requested it. Thus you should respond to players who spread such rumors and show them the light. If you don't do this we will only see negative comments on the forums (especially steam forums) and will think that listening to you does not matter - even if integrate crafting, trading, alliances, and 1000s of minor features like ability to move camera when aiming with ALT (all these features were proposed by players), it seems posts like this will come up. This is all in your hands.

Please do not get me started on lies and accusations. You embraced the premise of open world and made it your own by choice. http://www.navalaction.com/blog/2014/10/6/current-development-plans
But this is not the path I wish to walk. We can go back and forth on accusations all day.

There can be no question as to the effort the development team has given this game. It is simply grand.
Yes we see large patches which sway the boat left and right. Maybe even to the point of possible capsizing.
But is it by far better than seeing little or nothing. We basically get to play a new game every now and then.

The real problem is that we are left with a community that can no longer come to any form of agreement.
Everyone (or at least the vocal ones) are pushing their play style as the dominant one which every other must play.
Every trick in the book is used to get there. And I'll not say I'm any different.

What I'll say is that I try to bring to light every time I'm aware of finding an unfair advantage.

So we no longer allow new players to sail ships they truly can't afford to lose.
And I applaud every other player who does the same.

And yes, I'm arrogant enough to claim that my play style should cater to more players than most other play styles.
But I have no sympathies, by nature, so balance might not always be visible on the surface.

So please keep up the good work and hopefully we will reach the true win condition.

On 8/1/2017 at 9:52 AM, Skully said:

When there is consensus that this is a game worth playing.

Personally I never expect any "complex" idea to be implemented... literally. Not in NA, not in any other product.

What we see is the devs vision, in all games, spiced with many of our suggestions and ideas from fan base.