Game-Labs Forum

Ship Upgrades and Speed

Vizzini

Question

Ok simple enough question from a player less than 3 months into the game

I bought a fir / fir plank surprise.  This should have a basic speed. Struggling to find any websites or info with up to date information but players have been trying to help :)

added 3 permanent upgrades to try and make it faster, reasons don't matter it was a plan i read about by Mr Koltes before the speed nerf

Bovenwinds, Gazzelle and Crooked Hull which should alter the speed by 6% , give me a 14% crew nerf ? ( 7x2) -5% armour ? and boost turning speed by 3%

If I hover over the ship in the docks , not in the number 1 position, it says 12.39 + 1.98 in green

If I move it to equipped ship, the numbers change to 11.88 +1.90 in green

could somebody point out a reason why and I appologise in advance for anything stupid and being unable to sort a screenshot, although I will try again :P

thanks for any help and If anybody has any good links regarding ships, their setups and modules and upgrades, please let me know

ty , Hilts GB Global

5 answers to this question

Well regarding the website(s) containing usefull info I can recommend this one: http://www.navalactionwiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

It holds many usefull infos for new players to the game. The speed buffs are always calculated from the base stat.

Secondly the reason why your speed drops when you move into the ship is prob because of perks you have on, I can't recall if the cargo expansion perk still reduces the speed but anything you put into the hold now reduces speed - so perhaps you've placed cannons in the surp?

36 minutes ago, Hodo said:

To get an accurate speed for the ship make sure you don't have any guns or cargo in your ship when you look. 

yes tinkering with cannons, repairs and rum etc seemed to boost the numbers up, thanks very much. Wasn't paying enough attention it seems !! :P