Game-Labs Forum
admin

Testbed - Unity 5 testing next week (15-21 Aug)

Is it possible to get a key please ? might be more interesting there than on current game that i barely touched last days. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Kanay said:

Is it possible to get a key please ? might be more interesting there than on current game that i barely touched last days. Thanks.

All who bought game will get key - devs will post info.

Edited by Bart Smith

Never tried testbed before ,this was introduced when i was on long break, all good if no key is needed then. Thanks.

This is where i looked after Bart Smith reply as usually alpha's/beta's in steam are listed there, but saw nothing available for me, simply thinking it was due to the delay announced in the initial post so not worried about not seeing any test available.

Now the question is : is this key private and nominative or the same for all testers ,  if it is not private then is it safe to post it here ( or to use it myself without having received it ) , if it's private and nominative can i get one ? 

The key is public and the same for all, just copy it into the field show in the pic and press check code. You will be able to select the beta testbed build or the normal one (you have to patch the game evey time you switch)

so that means unity 5 on testbed is live?, and any new ships? (im at work cant wait)

Edited by NielsVisser

@admin Saw this over in the Russian section for this and was wondering if the last one was suppose to be Prince de Neufchatel?  If so that would be a sweet ship to test along with the Hermione (french ship l'Hermione not the SC I assume) and Vasa.

Just now, oleander said:

The Vasa should be an interesting ship to sail...considering it only sailed for a few minutes before it sank.

that's the wasa, the Vasa will be in the game

15 minutes ago, oleander said:

The Vasa should be an interesting ship to sail...considering it only sailed for a few minutes before it sank.

Yup, wrong (Vasa) Wasa...  The one we're getting is a 60 gunner from 1778...  I think she'll be like the "Bellona-Lite".

6 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Yup, wrong (Vasa) Wasa...  The one we're getting is a 60 gunner from 1778...  I think she'll be like the "Bellona-Lite".

OK, that makes more sense.

16 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I thought it was going to be a 2nd rate, or was that another ship they have in the works?  I think maybe a Danish Ship?

14 hours ago, MaxBlackHawk said:

So would it be like the Aggy and a 3rd that is treated as 4th in game?   The other thing is is the 36 pnds Kanoners 32's or 36 in game?  Would be interesting if it was the l'Oceans 36's with the 24 lbs on second deck.  Would make it more like a mix hybrid ship with strong broad side but not a lot of guns total like the 2nd's.  I would wish they fix the proper 42 and 36  lbs guns for ships that actually carried those guns as it wasn't only the L'Ocean.  Putting the 36's on the other 1st rates and keeping the 42's on the Victory would be interesting.  They still have more guns, but the Vict would have the heavy lower deck.  

For the other two ships here is the info I found on them.

Prince de Neufchatel - A 18 gun Privateer like ship with bow chasers. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_de_Neufchatel

l'Hermione (not the SC Hermione) is the one I assume they mean.  A 32 gun 12 ponder Frigate.  I'm thinking something around the Surprise/Renommee size but with 12 lbrs instead of 9's? 
blog-0365044001472381409.thumb.jpg.0bd27

Some one just found this....if that is the load out and that is 12 lbrs than I think I might like this ship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_frigate_Hermione_(1779)

Kinda wish we got the Pandora early....oh and talking about gift ships for the Naval Action: Legions.  That should be the Premium ship that only backers from the original game get as a nice little thank you ship from the devs or something like that. It's still low tier but not a yacht.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir