Game-Labs Forum

Balancing of Modules

Balancing is not here.

It was originally intended to change the Gold Upgrades to a more fair system.

System now isn't fair at all.

It was told that ship experience should play a great role in ship handling.

It plays a minor role.

Ship modules earned through ship xp are crappy. What really matters are modules paid with marks. (a lot of marks)

This is very bad, because it gives rich players a huge advantage over poor. It should matter how long I've sailed a ship and how much xp I got sailing this ship.

Remove all paid upgrades to provide a fair pvp basis.

It could not be that a player who pays a lot of resources for french rig refit has an advantage over a player who sailed a lot of hour with a specific shiy type.

Edited by mikawa
  • Like 3

This is not a new problem, ever since upgrades where first introduces into NA they never have been realy balanced. Not as a hole, at least normaly only the most Op once get nerved once in a while. As long there are upgrades/refit/skills with out negatives, there will be no balance.

Edited by balticsailor
  • Like 2

And then there are rare loot drop upgrades that puts even more power in the hands of PvE grinders. I want all important upgrades to be (quite) easily obtainable by causals, only then can we hope to achieve balance .

If we worry about low to mid level players leaving in frustration this is an easy fix that will help a little.

• Like 3

All modules to be options on the ship crafting. Instead of 2 dropbox as we have , why not have more and each can be a specific choice for each part of the ship ?

Then the full model requirements are calculated according to options. 

• Like 4

Essentially they need to revert a lot of things back to pre -patch 10. We can have the debate about 1 dura ships....I personally don't care one way or the other about the duras if the modules and upgrade system was more or less overhauled. I absolutely hate the RNG aspect for upgrades....completely hate the need to do PVE to get shit that everyone should have access to. The old system we had a few mods such as Marines or Studding Sails that were drop only and people complained that these should have been craftable as well. However, for some reason we made even more upgrades based of RNG drops then before? I seriously don't understand the logic. 

Make a decision developers. Do you want a RNG based system that rewards those who just grind away on NPC fleets all day or one where players have easy access to customize their ships as they wish? People like customization and building ships to play toward the game strategies....it's fun to try new builds and new tactics. I just am completely confused as to why you would promote a more restrictive system that places an emphasis on RNG? I really don't understand most of what you started to do with the post wipe patch in truth. 

• Like 2