Game-Labs Forum

[Serious] Server Health

Teutonic

Just now, Slamz said:

There was an idea brought up in another thread that basically suggested if 100% of the population joined the pirates, we'd have a potentially awesome FFA server.

be a good way to balance the nations , devs don't seem keen so maybe we shoud

1 minute ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Very impressive snapshot...  have the running totals from the past month, by any chance?  TOTAL ships sunk...  no?

Actuly I do but not the Score.  I can tell you how many time each player has suck a ship it a little off due to the 2x tap on capping and sinking and it not who you would think. 

Ok, post it...  Data is king.  Then extrapolate it into PvP vs. RvR numbers.  

AGAIN, for the MILLIONTH time.. YOU play for RvR..  I play for PvP.  Both are fine, but they need to converge if the GAME is to succeed.  

Can we stop the e-peen contest now?

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Slamz said:

I do think about joining the Pirates sometimes.

Oh... I love this. The entire French team could go Pirate than it would be so much easier to get some OW pvp.

Now that you mention it maybe the entire server should be Pirate. That might be the only way to solve all these problems.

18 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Ok, post it...  Data is king.  Then extrapolate it into PvP vs. RvR numbers.  

AGAIN, for the MILLIONTH time.. YOU play for RvR..  I play for PvP.  Both are fine, but they need to converge if the GAME is to succeed.  

Can we stop the e-peen contest now?

My Focus and mostly Black is not even RVR atm.  IT IS GETTING SHIP SLOTS DONE SO WE CAN PVP. With out ever having to do it again. You take xping slots on a 1st rate as not wanting to PVP.  It coming mate.  100k for one slot takes time to get threw.  Your goal is to kill, kill, kill, I get it.  Black goal is your death,  I even understand that you guys, can't understand how long it takes to get some of the slots open most of you wont even bring them out. Granted they will nerf it, after we are only only that have it. We are coming Make no mistake.

PVP and RVR is dead for one real reason takes to long to lvl up ships.  Only one going to battle unprepared are getting rocked, even you guys no better. So stop making Shit up.  IF you could you be doing same thing we are xping slots in peace. Until done.

People are having to grind up for weeks and get burned out.

Black is more or less done with Iron Fleet.  Few days we have our mid range fleet done

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JobaSet said:

But in realty, As my not so Subtle friend once pointed out GETGOOD get organized.  

The French are organized. We are very organized when it comes to OW PVP. Just because the French are playing a different game then the Pirates doesn't mean they aren't organized.

How much more clear does one have to say it. The French hate port battles!

• Like 1

But but but pirates need the 5slot ships so they can be competitive in boarding otherwise everyone could see that they are average.

This shows the downside of the game. People think they need the best ship with the best equipment to do pvp. In others words they are never rdy. But that's not true. It could be more fun to sail out in a zero slot brig than to sit all day in port with a 5slot santi.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vllad said:

The French are organized. We are very organized when it comes to OW PVP. Just because the French are playing a different game then the Pirates doesn't mean they aren't organized.

How much more clear does one have to say it. The French hate port battles!

U stooped reading I gave french props.  They are organized for pvp and we(Black) are playing catch up for ship slots and ships.  We just have to wait a week or two to see who come out on top .

2 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

U stooped reading I gave french props.  They are organized for pvp and we(Black) are playing catch up for ship slots and ships.  We just have to wait a week or two to see who come out on top .

One or two weeks and then the waves are to high or the wind to strong?

7 minutes ago, z4ys said:

But but but pirates need the 5slot ships so they can be competitive in boarding otherwise everyone could see that they are average.

This shows the downside of the game. People think they need the best ship with the best equipment to do pvp. In others words they are never rdy. But that's not true. It could be more fun to sail out in a zero slot brig than to sit all day in port with a 5slot santi.

You are right we don't need 5 slot 1st rates at the moment for RVR but we have them and you don't.  French took advantage of this and saw what we were doing before any one else.  We let the mid ship classes slide and they took full advantage of it.  but this will only be brief. 

Edited by JobaSet

55 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

2017-08-10-ConquestCompetition.PNG.2ac7bf14277942cb774972d9d5d4dff8.PNG

Now if they only had a running tab of ships sunk....  I wonder where those vaunted Pirates would be.....?   Hmmmmmmm.  

Your goals are different than mine...

The way I figure....

Ships sunk...

1-France

2-Great Briton

3-United States

4-Spain

5-Pirates

6,7,8- Sweden, VP, and Danes.

20 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

IT IS GETTING SHIP SLOTS DONE SO WE CAN PVP.

I had heard this rumor but refused to believe it.

You refuse to PvP until you have 5 slots unlocked.

All those people I sunk using ships with 1-3 slots unlocked.....I had no idea I was doing it so wrong!

You know unless you're doing a dedicated boarding ship, you can PvP quite well in a ship with no slots unlocked. 1-3 slots for a few important mods is good but 5 slots is just an excuse to hide and hope things blow over.

I really do think BLACK would be happiest if the server consisted of nothing but them and CCCP staring at each other longingly on a map with no enemies.

7 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Fair enough. Let's see what happens.

Just now, JG14_Cuzn said:

Sheet....... I dont think I have 3 slots unlocked on my surprise and thats all I basically use now. 

PS- RVR is dead.   your 1st rates should be mothballed in Kidds.... Or Bermuda ;)

Or on the bottom somewhere in between...  :rolleyes:

Just now, Slamz said:

I had heard this rumor but refused to believe it.

You refuse to PvP until you have 5 slots unlocked.

All those people I sunk using ships with 1-3 slots unlocked.....I had no idea I was doing it so wrong!

You know unless you're doing a dedicated boarding ship, you can PvP quite well in a ship with no slots unlocked. 1-3 slots for a few important mods is good but 5 slots is just an excuse to hide and hope things blow over.

I really do think BLACK would be happiest if the server consisted of nothing but them and CCCP staring at each other longingly on a map with no enemies.

You are a troll mate you had 1-3 slots open with 9 other with you.  Attacking single Trader brigs.

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The way I figure....

Ships sunk...

1-France

2-Great Briton

3-United States

4-Spain

5-Pirates

6,7,8- Sweden, VP, and Danes.

If you use point system from leader board before system reset in other words Marks made in battle.

1. US on top
  2. Brits next
  3. Pirates
  4. Danes (moved 3 spots this week)
  5. French Have more Sinks than everyone but get no points
  6. Spanish (Go dave)
  7. Dutch

18 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

... we have them and you don't. ...

Tbh I couldn't care less. Is it just me or do it sound like a children sandbox war?

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Tbh I couldn't care less. Is it just me or do it sound like children sandbox war?

No war here we stopped it when we didn't let nations run over us like last 3 times after wipe, then have to drag our selves out of the hole to get back on top.   US Attacked pirates how many times after wipe before we attacked them.  But unlike Pirates dragging ourselves back, That Nations Cry and want everything changed to benefit them only, it is what they are good at.  Can't Fight them so nerf them to make use equal.  That is what they have done since the patch.

1. PVP Marks gone. for upgrades
  2. XP combo for Slots. gone
  3. Only getting Victory marks for port battles. gone
  4. Limited 1st. Gone any 1 can have marks need for a 1st rate in 1 day now
  5. Soon slot xp nerf so you can get there faster.

It is very clear just from this list of a few things.  They are trying to make everyone equel only after Pirates put the work into it. To help nations Compete and still has not worked.  That is why you see every post about making game anti Pirate by taken away stuff from the Pirate nation.

Edited by JobaSet

I went to sleep woke up, and am now of the opinion that open (oops I mean Empty) World killed this game. Weren't there Sea Trials over a year ago? I'm sad I missed them.

If I have a few hours to spend on this game, what do I want to see happen, in order? 1) Big fleet battles between human players. 2) Smaller fleet actions between human players. 3) Crafting/ship creation/trait optimization. 4) Trading. 99999) Hours of empty world naval sailing simulation.

What do I get? By hours of time spent, the exact opposite of what I want. I think in all my hours of playing Naval Action, I've gotten a grand total of maybe 1 hour of #1, and a handful of hours of #2. Why do we have to pay such huge hours of #4 and #99999 to get what we want? RvR and PvP are more similar than we think... it's just that RvR, true RvR doesn't so much exist anymore, and there's only some PvP. EW has taken what we like from this game, and forces us to do what we don't like, to get to what we do. 

Why do people quit? Time cost. The above hasn't even considered the time cost of losing a pvp battle. The time cost of losing RvR is so incredible that people simply won't do RvR with any chance of losing, and few are willing to do PvP with the high time cost of losing.

Edited by Molecularbioguy