Game-Labs Forum

Agreed...  the majority of those shallows aren't shallows at all.  They just happen to be shallow-er than really deep water.  There are naval bases, oil refineries, and cargo hubs/ports all over the US coasts, and probably much of central/south america as well.  No big ships have problems getting to them.

Yes I also want more shallow water ports, but if they are splitting up the regions into single pbs we will get that .

There need to be 3 levels of shallows. Shallow water ships (6.-7. rate), frigates (5. - 4. rate) and Ships of the Line (3. rate - 1. rate).  That way a 1. rate fleet can not screen out side a 4. rate pb, like we can now.

They could even split up into more levels of shallows to make 3. rate and 2. rate ships more useful in RvR, but I do not believe this is needed because I do use 3. rates and 2. rates for grinding gold and hostility.

Edited by Tiedemann

I'm sure captians of that time were very careful when maneuvering shallow waters... it's not like in game where when you hit a sandbank your ship stops and you have to sail into a different direction, when they hit ground there was a very good chance their ship was done or at least had to be fixed. So you could still restrict some areas to shallow ships. I only posted the map as guideline too.... there are islands on the ingame map that don't even exist in real life.... i don't mind i actually like it but the realism argument is kind of out of the window just like with endless mast repairs and hundreds of zombie crews raised from the dead by your necromancer surgeon. Restricting some shallow areas to shallow ships only even tho a surprise could sail there with no problems wouldn't be up there with the most unrealistic things in the game - i think we all can agree with that...

Edited by Captain Lust