Game-Labs Forum

I'd love to be able to see what ships are waiting in pvp so I could bring something to balance it out.  Bringing a Bellona to a fight vs two Surprises, two brigs and two cutters wasn't my idea of fun/balanced match.  Especially when the two Surprises were facing my Bellona and all the little guys.  Had I known, I would have brought a brig or a Surprise to make it interesting.

• Like 1

I'd love to be able to see what ships are waiting in pvp so I could bring something to balance it out.  Bringing a Bellona to a fight vs two Surprises, two brigs and two cutters wasn't my idea of fun/balanced match.  Especially when the two Surprises were facing my Bellona and all the little guys.  Had I known, I would have brought a brig or a Surprise to make it interesting.

The only problem is for every person that wants to balance it out, there's going to be a scumbag that will use the information to bring something overpowered or outlandish any time they see an opportunity to do so.

Improving the balancer at this stage will delay open world prototype, item upgrades and modules for ships.

But we will bring back an open room in one of the next patches (which will work as the old one - with free entry and exit, with no timer resets). 

• Like 1

I miss a little bit the feeling of a good community in this stage of the game. We dont know who is in a battle or room, we have no realy teamplay, no teams, chat is basic and so on. I know its alpha, but i hope for new ideas in the future. The game is very playable, but i often feel me lonely on the sea, and more in the lobby. Dont hate me pls..... ;) greetings fury

Welcome aboard  ^_^

Speak up in the lobby, ask for help.  Let people know what you are sailing.  If you don't get a response, more than likely everyone is in battles or afk.  Keep trying.  You'll notice when a battle ends because there will be a flurry of activity in the lobby.  

From personal experience, for the most part, people are friendly and helpful, especially towards newer players.  Gloves come off when the broadsides are unmasked though  ;)

I miss a little bit the feeling of a good community in this stage of the game. We dont know who is in a battle or room, we have no realy teamplay, no teams, chat is basic and so on. I know its alpha, but i hope for new ideas in the future. The game is very playable, but i often feel me lonely on the sea, and more in the lobby. Dont hate me pls..... ;) greetings fury

Hey.. we know that feeling. 

Chat is extremely bad and will be improved. Current goals of the sea trials is to test ships and provide feedback on controls, performance and stability. Eventually it will get better. 

• Like 2

Fury, while the chat and social system are in WIP mode, there are some topics in the tavern which may help you to meet some friends in some communities, including your old one ;) I'm sure there are teamspek servers, chat groups etc.

I understand this is still Wip, but we should have a preview on who's currently in a PVP (light) room so you can easily join.

Many occasions I have been in a 1vs1 PVP heavy with my Surprise against a Belona.

It would also avoid that you have to spam the chat to let people know that a battle is about to start.

I understand this is still Wip, but we should have a preview on who's currently in a PVP (light) room so you can easily join.

Many occasions I have been in a 1vs1 PVP heavy with my Surprise against a Belona.

It would also avoid that you have to spam the chat to let people know that a battle is about to start.

We had a very free wheeling PvP room when the Sea Trials started, you could enter and leave at will and choose the side you wanted to be on, ostensibly to allow people to create relatively balanced matches - people began abusing it to leave one poor guy on a single side right at match start so they could win.  Very upsetting, and that resulted in what we have now.  This is why we can't have nice things.   :D

That's a shame... especially when winning matters so little.  

Still, it would be great for a list of ships awaiting pvp combat to be vissible somehow without having to join the pvp lobby first.  I'd say, retain the restriction on leaving the pvp waiting list once you enter.  However, this would give those of us who want balanced matches to bring ships which would help balance the cue.  Teams are randomized by the match maker anyway, weighted on ship battle rating.  I would also love to help new players in PVP by teaching them the ropes in light pvp but every time I go to that room it's empty.  I think most give up waiting and go PVE or jump straight to regular PVP.

I understand that we are early in the testing process and appreciate that.  However - I have friends who are going to LOVE this game when they try it and it would help me convince them to try it IF I could say to them that we could play together.  As it is we are joining games blindly and we could play all night and not find each other. 

In other words - setting up the server in a way that lets you CHOOSE who you play against will help sell the game.

Group functionality is of course coming, but not in sea trials. We plan to add back an old room where you could pick a side in one of the next patches

• Like 1

I'd honestly say that a free roam mode where you can sail your ship alone or with friends to get used to it, and how to maneouver properly, training manual sail skills ,etc. it's more important. Would also make training new players easier than if you have a couple of bloodthirsty bots going after your tails all the time :P

Private battles have a problem: Farming. As long as the damage done in those battles isn't registered to your official tally, why not. But I think there are different needs ,tbh

I only mean right now, it shouldn't be too difficult to add in a mode like this very soon, whereas a free roam thing might be a different matter. And I don't see how farming in PVE as it is now is any different than farming in PVE alone. I mostly would just like to be able to play in choppy seas more often because it's a very rare thing in the game, I've seen it once in the last 5 or 6 hours of play. And I would like to go back to having big battles with AI like it was before they added the progression.