Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Macjimm

How to exit the game without getting sunk

Question

I searched the forums and could not find an answer.  

I remember players asking for some sort of game mechanic to allow us to leave the game after we had escaped.  Some wanted to be able to teleport from the battle end screen to a nearby port.  Some (like me) would have be content to just exit the game from inside the instance.  It seems we have neither.  I just tested it and if I exit the game from inside the instance my friend told me my ship did not leave the game.

Is there any way to avoid being pulled into a battle repeatedly?   Or can a group of hunters keep engaging me indefinitely ... or until they sink (or cap) me?

If I have posted this in the wrong place or if this has been discussed and resolved in another thread please merge ....

5 answers to this question

There isn't anything.  There used to be, but not anymore.  Now you get invisibility + speed buff to hopefully get back to port or out of sight where you can then initiate a log off at open sea.

Thanks Prater.

How long am I invisible for and is there details about the speed buff that will help me?  (How much faster is the speed buff?  Is it affected by the points of sail?)

The invisibility lasts for about 30 seconds and during that time you receive a speed boost AND ignore wind effects. So you can go directly into the wind at a speed of around 30 knots in order to escape is usually your best option but keep in mind that those IN the battle with you can do the same. So plan your escape direction with that in mind.

Invisibility lasts 45 seconds from when my game loads open world.  Max speed I've seen is about 45 knots if I remember right.  I don't know if you can get faster.

Great information.  Now i know and can act accordingly.  So complicated for the Devs to balance game play in a competitive open environment.  

Edited by Macjimm
Clarification