Game-Labs Forum

How to exit the game without getting sunk

Macjimm

Question

I searched the forums and could not find an answer.  

I remember players asking for some sort of game mechanic to allow us to leave the game after we had escaped.  Some wanted to be able to teleport from the battle end screen to a nearby port.  Some (like me) would have be content to just exit the game from inside the instance.  It seems we have neither.  I just tested it and if I exit the game from inside the instance my friend told me my ship did not leave the game.

Is there any way to avoid being pulled into a battle repeatedly?   Or can a group of hunters keep engaging me indefinitely ... or until they sink (or cap) me?

If I have posted this in the wrong place or if this has been discussed and resolved in another thread please merge ....

5 answers to this question

The invisibility lasts for about 30 seconds and during that time you receive a speed boost AND ignore wind effects. So you can go directly into the wind at a speed of around 30 knots in order to escape is usually your best option but keep in mind that those IN the battle with you can do the same. So plan your escape direction with that in mind.