Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Sharktooth

Avcom and Customization

It's been another year now but there is still nothing. Devs, can you please tell me when do you plan to release avcom? Once again, I'd like to point out that this is not a rant, just a reminder. I'm truly waiting and hoping it'll come out but I'm starting to lose faith. I bought this game mostly on the promises of having the chance to explore places, catalog flora and fauna around the isles and make maps for others (be they officers or pirates) to buy. Now the open world has been out for a long time and I see no places to explore, no chance to choose such a profession for my avatar and I can't even make the character to begin with. I don't want to say that I got scammed because there's still much beauty to the naval system but I feel tricked. Am I the only one feeling this way?

Liq    3,250

I think you've got wrong expectations of the game. Naval Action first was known as SeaTrials, basically a lobby based instant PvP battle game. Players then wanted an Open World, RvR envolved out of it. Here we are today.
I dont think you will ever be able to explore flora and fauna, as in travel unexplored land or anything similar.

Edited by Liquicity

On 7-8-2017 at 5:39 PM, Liquicity said:

I think you've got wrong expectations of the game.
I dont think you will ever be able to explore flora and fauna, as in travel unexplored land or anything similar.

CE1E2DA2-592D-4702-8BEA-FE04C4C2A274-2462-000004285D8ABA4C.jpeg

Edited by Jacob van Heemskerck

On 8/7/2017 at 5:39 PM, Liquicity said:

I think you've got wrong expectations of the game. Naval Action first was known as SeaTrials, basically a lobby based instant PvP battle game. Players then wanted an Open World, RvR envolved out of it. Here we are today.

I don't think that's fair to tell me sir. I was here during Sea Trials, I also was here in the first days of the Open World up until now. I know the game is called Naval Action and I also know the devs have said that avcom, if there was to be any, it would have been the last to come. All of this, I know already. What I'm asking is how much longer should I wait to see such things? As I've told you, I read all about the flora and fauna of the Gulf of Mexico on this exact forum. The pictures of Tarantulas being cataloged were here. If you go up to the first Open World discussions you might still find it. To me it's like going to a McDonald's, taking a full menu and ending up eating just the chips with the coke, without the burger. Do you feel what I'm saying? It's not like I don't enjoy the ship experience, I just prefer the avcom aspect.

Prater    5,325
9 hours ago, Daniel Sharktooth said:

I don't think that's fair to tell me sir. I was here during Sea Trials, I also was here in the first days of the Open World up until now. I know the game is called Naval Action and I also know the devs have said that avcom, if there was to be any, it would have been the last to come. All of this, I know already. What I'm asking is how much longer should I wait to see such things? As I've told you, I read all about the flora and fauna of the Gulf of Mexico on this exact forum. The pictures of Tarantulas being cataloged were here. If you go up to the first Open World discussions you might still find it. To me it's like going to a McDonald's, taking a full menu and ending up eating just the chips with the coke, without the burger. Do you feel what I'm saying? It's not like I don't enjoy the ship experience, I just prefer the avcom aspect.

Cataloging flora and fauna?  I don't remember a single post from admin about that.

Bart Smith    1,619
17 minutes ago, Prater said:

Cataloging flora and fauna?  I don't remember a single post from admin about that.

There was something mentioned about exploration...as far i remember.

On 11-8-2017 at 11:44 AM, Daniel Sharktooth said:

As I've told you, I read all about the flora and fauna of the Gulf of Mexico on this exact forum. The pictures of Tarantulas being cataloged were here. If you go up to the first Open World discussions you might still find it. To me it's like going to a McDonald's, taking a full menu and ending up eating just the chips with the coke, without the burger. Do you feel what I'm saying? It's not like I don't enjoy the ship experience, I just prefer the avcom aspect.

If you could provide us a link? Because i've explored these forums very well and i have never seen that anywhere stated or promised by de developers that this feature would be ingame? 

Maybe i missed it because to honest with you i'm not very interested in such features myself, and i wouldn't expect this from a game that is called Naval Action?  

So said in your terminolagie, "you can't order something from the mcdonalds menu if it isn't on menu, and you can't order a tripple whopper either because it is Mcdonalds".

but i/we could be wrong, if you put a link to the post where the developers post saying they planning to add "avcom" to this game we can discuss if this is really necessary to put this feature  into the game, wich i personally think it's not. 

I think that 90% of the people bought this game are really interested in 17th & 18th century naval warfare and welcomed the added bonus of a open world with trading and economics to fund the naval fleets of the nations for more indepth strategies than just shooting broadsides at eachoter. And in mine opinion, that is where the developers should focus on. 

It's obvious that you fancy the exploration part of it more and i have personally nothing against it. But the map and every harbor is already explored, so scratch that of the list, and to be honest what use do we have to explore flora and fauna? I mean even hunter call of the wild is more exciting than that? 

But that is just my personal opinion and i think i can speak for 90% of the players that play naval action On this matter, but i could be severly wrong? 

69F82FBC-6F0E-45C8-B94F-0D5657B1D0A0-4146-000006A0A5DABDFE.jpeg

6 hours ago, Prater said:

The only thing i ever remember is this:

Thanks,

i've read it and Daniel Sharktooth is right the developers indeed advertised the idea, but i think there wasn't much need for it, and dropped the idea?  In 10 pages the Admin only replied once and it was off topic. And it is from 2014! 

Mine opinion still stays the same. I don't think this will fit into Naval Action, i really think we divert to much from the main purpose and game mechanics here wich is really the action part of it. Fine tune that, put some nation based trade and battle ships en we have a much better game than it already is!

Let the land for the  landlubbers, and the Sea for the Captains! 

Edited by Jacob van Heemskerck

Prater, first of all I am a fan of your videos, just wanted to point out that you are doing a great job. It was that, indeed, what I based all my hopes on years ago. From what you and the others said, from the fact that the devs have not answered me neither now nor back at the time when I first posted this topic, I have come to the conclusion that it is better for me to drop the idea now once and for all. Thanks everyone for the participation, fair winds.

Prater    5,325
1 hour ago, Daniel Sharktooth said:

Prater, first of all I am a fan of your videos, just wanted to point out that you are doing a great job. It was that, indeed, what I based all my hopes on years ago. From what you and the others said, from the fact that the devs have not answered me neither now nor back at the time when I first posted this topic, I have come to the conclusion that it is better for me to drop the idea now once and for all. Thanks everyone for the participation, fair winds.

Thank you,

Ya, sorry, I don't think they will implement anything.  It would be cool.  Though No Man's Sky does have Exploration and categorization of species.  Not sailing ships though, space exploration...

To do proper exploration they would need an infinite area, because the map makers would map everything.  It only took several months from release of early access to map the entire world, and that is with the huge world we have currently.