Game-Labs Forum

fox2run    493
9 minutes ago, Skully said:

I'm afraid clans are the only true alliances. You may not like it, but it is a fact of life.

The game can never extend that feeling. Nor can the game provide organisation. Didn't I prove this to you the hard way? ;)

You can however sail the ocean as a solo, but that role is currently reserved for Pirates only.

Here we will never agree. Clans destroys gameplay for players not a part of their community. They have to be restricted by mechanics not favoured. Besides clans are not stable. They divide everytime players cannot agree. Seen that hundreds of times. Single players should be part of a nation. Like Sid Meiers Pirates, maybe. And several tasks in that nation could be offered. But please take the game away from those clans ruled by teens with too much sparetime. Tnx.  

Captain Lust    487
3 hours ago, Quineloe said:

"everyone" in victories? Funny example. Those already were 1 dura. Also funny example, we've already seen Port battles featuring EVERYONE in First Rates. Fifty of them. You say it like it's some theoretical, absurd level of ship availability,  but it's already reality as of early July.

Sure, go pvp in a free AI Caught surprise, oak + crew space, with medium cannons. Oh, you're not doing that. You just want everyone else to do that, so your finely tuned built ships have more targets to sink.
I think you're one of the people who wants to see this game melted down to 50 players, all of them super hardened elite.  So we have nothing to discuss, as we don't want the same game.

Let me ask you the other way around: how do you justify the massive cost reduction (in relation to all other ships) that first rates received in 10.0 ?

I was not talking about victories being 1 dura but about them having no value / too easy to get, glad you could follow through mate. So if everyone has 1st rates already, then how exactly are ships too expensive? Yeah, it's some "absurd level of ship availability", so why should we add duras again and make them even more worthless? 

I would totally go pvp in a oak + crew space surp with medium cannons but i don't need to because crafting ships is dirt cheap as i said. The player in the oak surprise may be at a disadvantage but at the same time he has nothing to lose unlike the player with the custom built ship. Also the dude with the oak surprise capped it in 5min while the player with custom ship spend time getting the materials and building it.

So first you're saying ships are too cheap and then you're saying ships are too expensive? Seems like you agree with me it's in the right spot. Or make up your mind?

News flash - the game is already melting down to 50 players ( you wouldn't know how many alts there are online ) and it has nothing to do with duras or ships being too expensive.

Fargo    163
7 hours ago, shaeberle84 said:

It is very easy: ships costs have not changed, but dura reduced by 4-5 means that ships are very expensive (in terms of money and LH) to make. Therefore, nobody wants to risk ships. Therefore, no PVP.

People complain about the grind: Average players loose more ships than they sink in PVP, so they need the grind. It is 5 hours of afk-sailing trading or boring PVE missions to afford a decent PVP ship with repairs and cannons. 

The economy is way out of balance. Right now, PVP shifts to buying or capturing cheap NPC ships, buy cheap medium cannons from PVE missions, then have fun again with disposable ships like it was before the patch.

5 hours ago, Quineloe said:

I've explained it like five times. Fargo won't digest it if you say it another five times.

But you see that this has nothing to do with durability, do you? You can make ships as expensive as you wish independent from durability. Thats all im trying to tell you, probably the 10th+ time. 

Ofcourse ships are more expensive since wipe, but thats mainly cause they were way too cheap before.

Can u share those average numbers? As i often said, pure opinions are meaningless. If you want to figure out if ships are too expensive, check what people own on average after certain times. Players cant really do this. And people are always complaining when its about progress, cause they want everything for free and fast. Long time motivation is something many people dont think about. Free ships dont promote more PvP, they make us loose motivation very quickly. Thats what the prewipe situation should have tought you.

All i can say is that i stopped playing again after owning millions and 10+ valuable ships, without having done a single trade run and without alts. Beeing able to sell 40-50 valuable ships, mostly 5th rates, per month makes it likely for me that people can afford those ships. When you also see what people pay for upgrades and books, and what marks are selling for, im not so sure if ships are expensive. But its not our job to figure this out.

Broken economy and RoE are effecting ship value too, thats what you should complain about first. To balance or discuss something based on other broken mechanics is a waste of time in general.

Edited by Fargo

Quineloe    1,136
18 hours ago, Skully said:

What did I miss?

The fact that First Rates were the only ships not to have their price per sinking greatly increased by setting the durability to one. This is quite simply a massive buff to first rates.

So if everyone has 1st rates already, then how exactly are ships too expensive?

Simple enough, having a ship and being able to replace a ship are two entirely different things. The PB mechanics, where you can click out before losing half your fleet because the battle is simply over by then,  massively favor this as well. In an OW Battle, there's no early clicking out while under fire just because you already lost some.  But that's just a side note. The fact everyone has a first rate is just a great example of why lowering their cost by such a lot was a mistake.

and it has nothing to do with duras or ships being too expensive.

So what's the reason?

Edited by Quineloe

Skully    1,025
2 hours ago, Quineloe said:

The fact that First Rates were the only ships not to have their price per sinking greatly increased by setting the durability to one. This is quite simply a massive buff to first rates

Ah you meant the relative price of 1st rates vs other ships. I'm simply looking at absolute numbers.

Awareness has been raised. ^_^

12 hours ago, admin said:

Ship prices will be adapted to better suit older costs that included durabilities