Game-Labs Forum

So this is the layout:

Yesterday two pirates came to KPR looking for pvp. They found a player and we joined the battle (2vs3), allmost fair ūüėä.

We fouth for an hour and a halv, we demasted eachother, we killed crew then got them drunk and back to work, in short we had fun! We gained a lot of knowledge from this fight, thow not according to the game logic.

Why? i hear u ask.

Well, because no one got sunk. And so, at the end of the battle nobody from this fight got any ingame experience nor any rewards. Allthow, we repaired multiple times and drunk all the rum we had available in the hull, at the end of the battle, we got no ingame rewards. 

I belive this is wrong!

Edited by AxIslander

I agree, win lose or draw everyone should get something for a PvP. Might make it more attractive for crappy PvPer's like myself.

I believe it's a matter of alt abuse -- because of that we now only get rewards when sinking someone. I also think of this unfair at some point and at least any damage done on a sunken ship should be rewarded (sail damage too) but there is no good way around ...

It's to prevent alt abuse and farming damage with friends. That can create infinite gold and experience, but is that "protection" worth it? The rewards for damage should be small/medium so farming would be not time worth nor time efficient.

42 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

It's to prevent alt abuse and farming damage with friends. That can create infinite gold and experience, but is that "protection" worth it? The rewards for damage should be small/medium so farming would be not time worth nor time efficient.

This argument is a tad outdated, due to recently killed mechanics. 

Wow. Someone had pvp. Remember when this happened all the time all over the map. Before RvR broke mechanics and one dura ships only.

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Gold and Marks should stay on the Kill/Assit system like it is, but XP should be off damage. It's not like xp does anything other than level up your char/ship.   Not to mention your limit to being killed once an hour (so folks couldn't alt farm) how many other means they going to limit the 99% of the players cause of 1% exploiters that might try to alt farm.  Ship cost and the 1 hour thing should make it very much not cost effective to alt farm.  Not to mention just make it a harsh punishment when you catch folks doing it.

Currently the game is rewarding PvE. PvP get punished by not giving anything worth it for the time spend and you risk everything you sail while PvE is pretty safe, you go decide which difficulty you want (Very safe or only medium safe) wait till you get your PvE mission inside the greenzone and do it. The PvP player has to afk sail for hours to jump a PvE mission and get a ZvP (Zerg vs. player) in front of the capital or PvE zone of that nation because there are no other active looking pvp-players around. Good Game, Thumps up!

Edited by Eleven

I remember a point of no return of development. It was the devs stating "we thought you wanted new ships". From there things went wrong. They didn't gave us new ships but began to fiddle around with game mechanics. Needless to say that the games focus went from a naval battle game to something else. RvR folks wanted eve online on the 7 seas but the spirit left the game somewhere in march 2016 and beyond. 

I agree with the OP's frustration. No gold and no XP unless you sink the other ship is a terrible idea. It screws you if you've fought valiantly and yet the final result is not sinking the enemy (I do agree with Devs that if you capture the ship, that is reward enough).

Seriously, do we care that much if some want to invest their free time in battling their ALTS or friends? That would be a small price to pay to help new players make incremental rank and wealth gains as they sink and learn.

On 2017-08-07 at 3:15 PM, AxIslander said:

This argument is a tad outdated, due to recently killed mechanics. 

Outdated? It's not about killing, but farming damage.

Edit:

Edited out the unnecessary comment. - Moderating team

22 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Outdated? It's not about killing, but farming damage.

Edit:

Edited out the unnecessary comment. - Moderating team

nice

People cried damage farming,  others got demoted and things went downhill fast.

The formula can definitely use some tweaking as long as the conversion rate from asset to reward remains intact.

First you need to ask the question, do you care how much reward another player gets for his 90 minutes in game?

18 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Gold and Marks should stay on the Kill/Assit system like it is, but XP should be off damage. It's not like xp does anything other than level up your char/ship.   Not to mention your limit to being killed once an hour (so folks couldn't alt farm) how many other means they going to limit the 99% of the players cause of 1% exploiters that might try to alt farm.  Ship cost and the 1 hour thing should make it very much not cost effective to alt farm.  Not to mention just make it a harsh punishment when you catch folks doing it.

I agree. If you sail your ship in battle and are actively fighting then you should get xp for it. No matter the outcome. Maybe only deny xp if you sink. Would be another small incentive to surrender and keeping at least the gained experience/ship knowledge.

the #1 thing I hear people complaining is "battle report: no rewards" after most PVP fights. It's seriously killing motivation.

Simple solution:

1) Make "assist" also work when ship is not sunk, just when you did a certain amount of damage.

2) Count as damage not only hull, but also crew and masts (rather not sails).

So after a large 5vs5 frigate engagement with no ship sunk, you still get up to 5 assists, which would translage into like 50k gold, 1k xp and 10 marks or so.

Still nothing compared to 3rd rate PVE mission, which lasts about 15 minutes.

If alt farming is the problem then why not check. The way i understand we are unique by name on the server and the damage is counted anyway so check if damage is done to same player (alt), and after a certain amout of damage between same players give them "alt farmer" tags.

Edited by AxIslander

2 minutes ago, AxIslander said:

after a certain amout of damage between same players

... do it like Sea Trials. Removed until the end of EA phase.

That's my personal opinion.

14 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

... do it like Sea Trials. Removed until the end of EA phase.

That's my personal opinion.

That works too, no processing time required.

I saw on the forums that there are other threads on this issue, but @admin did not bother to answer in any of them.

The big question now is: Will this issue de addressed and fixed?

Simply make the reward equal to the damage inflicted. Then it matters zero who did the damage.

In your case the reward would be equal to the value of the repairs used up by your enemy. Ultimately you did not get a kill, so reward shouldn't be very high anyway.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:59 AM, fox2run said:

Wow. Someone had pvp. Remember when this happened all the time all over the map. Before RvR broke mechanics and one dura ships only.

pvp happens all the time.  The problem is you don't play anymore so don't know what happens in game???

On 8/7/2017 at 5:30 AM, Peter Goldman said:

so instead we farm missions for infinite goal and xp?

On 8/7/2017 at 9:59 AM, fox2run said:

Get over it, 1 dura was the best thing to ever happen to this game. Besides you can capture free AI ships anytime now which is even more broken than duras.