Game-Labs Forum

Are We Guilty by Accusation?

Are moderators God so we are guilty purely by accusation?  Don't you people train your moderators to provide USEFUL feedback.  EXACTLY how can anyone possibly avoid what a moderator subjectively considers improper or abusive comments if a moderator doesn't bother to provide feedback.  Telling someone to read a rule number is USELESS.  A moderator's highly subjective interpretation of a rule, partly due to cultural differences, can be drastically different from another person's interpretation of the same rule.  Then, if a moderator refuses to provide USELFULL feed back when asked that is not helpful.  Most people don't like secret interpretations and secret application of rules.

If you got a forum warning I can assure you there was nothing subjective about it, nor the the action of an individual moderator. I personally reported several of your posts and suggested you should be put on permanent premoderation. Amongst other things you posted abusive, off topic and spamming messages in a development topic, which is a heavily moderated subforum where warnings are rightfully handed out with a low threshold. If it had been up to me you would have gotten more than just one warning.

Edited by Anolytic
Big thumbs on phone keyboard.
  • Like 6

I must say that this is probable the most player friendly and mature forum. If I cursed as much on other forums I will get banned within pikoseconds from entire internet :lol:

Keep doing good job mods and admins

• Like 1

There's definitely no love lost between myself and the mods of this game, but I think they generally do a good job of keeping things fair and above board.  Unpaid volunteers will never always get it right 100% of the time, but they do their best.  I've been apart of more than a few developmental forums and gaming communities over my 20+ years of gaming on the net and this is definitely up there one of the most, if the the most challenging groups I've come across.  Most developers do not give their communities the same level of access that this one does and that might exactly translate into the best results, they get an A+ for effort in trying to involve the community in the process.

Why is this even in tribunal?

• Like 4

I can vouch from personal experience that both the moderator team and the dev team have come a very long way in understanding cultural differences.

We may not see eye to eye on some issues, but it has improved tremendously over the years.

Edited by Skully
previous wording could be interpreted negatively
  • Like 1

Everyone of my infractions have been deserved.  Hell a few of them I even told the mods about it before I was hit with them LOL.    So I can say they have been quite even handed in their approach, even with me and I have talked to one of them in teamspeak and played beside him in game.   He still hit me with a temp ban in the past for an infraction...   I wasnt even mad at him he is doing his job.  

Hard to believe but at one point in my long past I was a moderator for another game.  And it is a VERY difficult and thankless job.  You are often the first one to be vented at for in game issues that you have NO control over.  And often have to take things at face value, there is no room for grey area only black and white. 

• Like 1

By accusation alone?  No, that's been proven multiple times in several tribunals.  You have to have proof for someone to get into trouble for something.  However, forum posts are view-able to all moderators, and can review the content themselves, so no proof is necessary beyond the post, and my guess is all moderators would agree with what was done.  Also, in every interaction I've had with a moderator they provide useful and clear feedback.

10 hours ago, Hodo said:

Everyone of my infractions have been deserved.  Hell a few of them I even told the mods about it before I was hit with them LOL.    So I can say they have been quite even handed in their approach, even with me and I have talked to one of them in teamspeak and played beside him in game.   He still hit me with a temp ban in the past for an infraction...   I wasnt even mad at him he is doing his job.  

Hard to believe but at one point in my long past I was a moderator for another game.  And it is a VERY difficult and thankless job.  You are often the first one to be vented at for in game issues that you have NO control over.  And often have to take things at face value, there is no room for grey area only black and white. 

lol I think we got one together and yeah..... I deserved it.. Only one infraction I've gotten that I didn't agree on (my posting on slaves as a commodity was apparently a touch too politically sensitive to some). I agree that being a moderator is basically being the garbage can for the most toxic elements on the forums and they do a thankless job having to shift through our more or less degenerate waste and decide what is meant in good humor and what is not.