Game-Labs Forum

Lost my Indefatigable

Michael Corvinus

I have just done a Master & Commander Combat mission in my Surprise. I had a Indefatigable as a fleet ship to help out. Whilst I finished off a Cerberus, my Ibnde boarded a Mercury and defeated it. It then loaded all it's crew onto the Mercury and I lost the Indefatigable.

This is crap with fleet ships just boarding ships without being directed to.

So I ended up with an Oak Crew space Mercury and lost a crafted Indefatigable with mods and cannons. This is a crap feature. How do I get it back????

Michael, I think the point that Vernon was trying to convey is that making a statement that is negative towards the devs should be warranted and not just tossed out without cause. You posted your feelings about the game mechanic and should have left it at that for at least 24 hours IF during the week and 48 hours if on the weekend. Devs do have lives outside of the game the same as you do. The only notices that are sent to the devs that actually notify them of an issue is a Ticket (F11). Forum posts have to be (for lack of a better way to put it) stumbled upon. 

Now one odd thing with this situation is that the crew of an indefat is 350 vs a mercury at 135. Unless the Inde sustained massive losses it should have had some crew left. This would result if you having both ships at the end which now could be an issue if you do not have enough fleet slots to take all the ships. Before this was handled with an after battle screen that permitted you to select which ships you would retain and which you would abandon (sink).

One thing my wife said is that she has seen situations where a Mercury boarded a basic cutter and moved over all 135 crew which should not be possible since the cutter only holds 40. Could be a possible glitch which will have to be tested and confirmed but would explain why the indefat would have been considered lost after it's crew was dropped to 0.

• Like 2

And did you try to go over to your ship and capture it back by putting crew on it?

The other thing is you can order the mercury to stop and take crew off it too and than go put it on the other ship depending on how many fleet slots you have.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

7 hours ago, Solas said:

why didnt you just put some of your crew on your indefat and dismiss the shitty mercury. or if you really cared about your ship, stop the merc, take its crew, and transfer it to the indefat.

How? the indefat was his fleet ship.

9 minutes ago, seanjo said:

How? the indefat was his fleet ship.

the idiot who he appointed captain abandoned ship, the ship stayed but crew left. the ship is still there, he just has to go over and put a couple of his own crew who will follow his directions, then he can dismiss the idiot captain from fleet, this will allow him to keep his original ship, and just cut losses on the idiot crew who ditched the obvious better ship. (the ai is dumb, and the dumb are ai)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Raekur said:

Michael, I think the point that Vernon was trying to convey is that making a statement that is negative towards the devs should be warranted and not just tossed out without cause. You posted your feelings about the game mechanic and should have left it at that for at least 24 hours IF during the week and 48 hours if on the weekend. Devs do have lives outside of the game the same as you do. The only notices that are sent to the devs that actually notify them of an issue is a Ticket (F11). Forum posts have to be (for lack of a better way to put it) stumbled upon. 

Now one odd thing with this situation is that the crew of an indefat is 350 vs a mercury at 135. Unless the Inde sustained massive losses it should have had some crew left. This would result if you having both ships at the end which now could be an issue if you do not have enough fleet slots to take all the ships. Before this was handled with an after battle screen that permitted you to select which ships you would retain and which you would abandon (sink).

One thing my wife said is that she has seen situations where a Mercury boarded a basic cutter and moved over all 135 crew which should not be possible since the cutter only holds 40. Could be a possible glitch which will have to be tested and confirmed but would explain why the indefat would have been considered lost after it's crew was dropped to 0.

Firstly, I posted what happened, then someone answered telling me that I won'rt get it back.n So I replied "So much for the help from the Devs". I really do not consider that a rant or rave, it is just a statement based on an answer.

Then Vernon starts off giving me grief saying that I was ranting. He has no right just to come on and start gobbing offf. Some people trawl forums just for an excuse to gob off without giving any value to the issue. "Go lose some more ships to AI, champ" This is a really unhelpful and inaccurate statement, which shows he does not even read what the issue is. 

You on the other had have given value to my issue, as have other posters, who have asked pertinent questions.

What your wife has described is exactly what happened to me. All the crew of the of the Indef transferred to the Mercury and there was a white flag on the Indef. It would not allow me the opportunity to transfer the crew back saying I had no room in my fleet.

I think the easiest way would be for fleet ships NOT to board other ships unless ordered to do so. Maybe add a board button to the list of commands. If I had been closer I would have pushed the two ships apart, as it was they were exactly upwind of me and I could not get there in time.

The last check I had on the was mercury 8 crew and Indef 210 crew, then the boarding stopped with a white flag on the Indef and British flag on the mercury. So I lost a crafted Indef with module on and got an Oak Mercury. Sigh!!

Definitely a glitch there.

Edited by Michael Corvinus

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And did you try to go over to your ship and capture it back by putting crew on it?

The other thing is you can order the mercury to stop and take crew off it too and than go put it on the other ship depending on how many fleet slots you have.

Yes I did, but it would not allow me to put crew on the Indef. This is the first time that I have sen this happen.

It did this to me on testbed but they where suppose to have fixed this.  The reason you prob couldn't put crew was cause you had the other fleet ship.  So you would have to go to that ship (command it to stop) take the crew off and sink it.  Not sure if you can do that or not and than move to the Indef and put crew back on it.   If you F11 it and explained things Devs are pretty good about replacing ships lost cause of game bugs.   Just give it some times.  They tend to check the logs at the end of the week before the weekend so you might not hear back until than unless they post sooner on here.

So as far as the suggestions here go, I think I can sum it up like this,

Indefat boards and captures the mercury. So now his fleet consists of a surprise and a mercury. He can not board and capture the indef due to fleet size limits. He also can not empty the mercury due to crew space limits. So the only solution I can see on this would be to sail up to the mercury, hit X to loot, then check the box to sink the mercury. Then sail over to the indef and place at least 20 crew on board to "capture' it. End loss of about 200+ crew but at least he would get to keep the ship. This is the downside to removing the afterbattle screen which was removed due to some players using it as a mechanic to remain hidden and ambush people. The only way I can see to avoid this kind of situation is the spend the perk points to have Fleet 1 and Fleet 2 enabled but only sail with 1 fleet ship or bring back the after battle screen with the 5 min timer before it boots you back out to open world. 

6 hours ago, Michael Corvinus said:

Then Vernon starts off giving me grief saying that I was ranting. He has no right just to come on and start gobbing offf. Some people trawl forums just for an excuse to gob off without giving any value to the issue. "Go lose some more ships to AI, champ" This is a really unhelpful and inaccurate statement, which shows he does not even read what the issue is. 

You were ranting because you were attacking the devs for not helping you within 30 minutes on a weekend when it is 11pm their time.  You need to change your expectations.  No one is around 24/7.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Prater said:

You were ranting because you were attacking the devs for not helping you within 30 minutes on a weekend when it is 11pm their time.  You need to change your expectations.  No one is around 24/7.

Everyone else on this thread have asked pertinent questions and been helpful, why can't you or Vernon?

"So much for the help from the Devs"If you think this is a rant then you and Vernon have led very sheltered and opinionated lives. I made that simple  statement in reply to Pitxagorri's post. It is just a simple sentence NOT a rant.

There are a breed of  people who have nothing better to do than trawl forums looking for an excuse to troll and bump their gums. A rant is multiple aggressive and unhelpful posts NOT one simple statement, which was in reply to a post. I DO understand that it takes time  for devs to reply. Pitxagorri said that I will NOT get my ship back. Well I'll know the truthof his prediction by the end of the week.

I don't need busy muppets who don't have anything constructive to add or nothing better to do. I will no longer reply to such as you and Vernon, go troll a kindergarten website or something

20 hours ago, Raekur said:

So as far as the suggestions here go, I think I can sum it up like this,

Indefat boards and captures the mercury. So now his fleet consists of a surprise and a mercury. He can not board and capture the indef due to fleet size limits. He also can not empty the mercury due to crew space limits. So the only solution I can see on this would be to sail up to the mercury, hit X to loot, then check the box to sink the mercury. Then sail over to the indef and place at least 20 crew on board to "capture' it. End loss of about 200+ crew but at least he would get to keep the ship. This is the downside to removing the afterbattle screen which was removed due to some players using it as a mechanic to remain hidden and ambush people. The only way I can see to avoid this kind of situation is the spend the perk points to have Fleet 1 and Fleet 2 enabled but only sail with 1 fleet ship or bring back the after battle screen with the 5 min timer before it boots you back out to open world. 

Thanks for that, if the Devs don't fix this, I'll have to suck it up. If this happens again I will take your advice.

After all this is still a BETA TESTING GAME which is still in ALPHA phase. So I think it could not hurt being sometimes generous to the testers who struggle with all the bugs of the game.

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I always get a kick out of how offended people get when called out regarding their childish behavior....  

Its like their mom or dad never told them "no", and they don't know how to react.  

Oh well.  

That's funny I was thinking you were the spotty fat kid who was always being bullied at school and has to give it Bertie big bollocks online lol

I genuinely do feel sorry for people like who who lack the life experience to have confidence in themselves. They must gain confidence and self importance online. Well if my predicament gives you the opportunity for self respect and self image, crack on dude !!

It's just a shame that you have brought nothing of value to this post

Oh well must remember to stop feeding pathetic trolls oh well :)

Edited by Michael Corvinus

14 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Ur on global or eu server ? Of EU plz pm me, ill build you new one.

Thanks for the offer, crafting replacements is no bother to me,  I've already made 2 since for clan mates.

This is a game play or technical issue which resulted in me losing a ship with modules due to no fault of myself.

The Devs will either resolve it.. or not.

It's a case of wait out and see :)

Damn...  And here I thought you had "nuff with" me....  But thanks for the free psychiatric exam, complete with big words...

Again, just maybe mentioned that you should chill out a bit and wait for a devs response...  The fact that you got all butt-hurt with my suggestion is not anyone's problem but yours.

Anyways, I hope you get your ship back.  Good luck!