Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HachiRoku

Trincomalee and Endymion

Recommended Posts

HachiRoku    210

I was sailing a trinc yesterday again for the first time in a while and I was just very disappointed by the way she handles compared to other 5th rates. If you compare her to ships like the pirate frigate she is just a bit to weak turning and sailing. Pirate frigate is 25% better at turning than Trinc and Endymion. Broadside weight advantage is nothing if you take the high profile and roll on the trinc to. Both trinc and endy are also a bit to weak upwind (trinc not to much). Please devs take a look at the 2 ships and give them a slight buff. Now that the trinc is quite expensive (50marks) I think she should feel like she is worth the grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cabral    196

 Trinc used to be worse at upwind, now is faster than Endy at those angles. I think devs moduled them as they were in real life, atleast close to that. They have advantages over other frigates in terms of firepower and downwind speed. Don't think they should be buffed just because some players prefer them over other frigates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lordicious    54

Frigate will beat Trinc anyday and laugh over it's corpse. Trinc requires turn mods and the best wood to feel good. 

Edited by Lordicious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HachiRoku    210
2 hours ago, Cabral said:

 Trinc used to be worse at upwind, now is faster than Endy at those angles. I think devs moduled them as they were in real life, atleast close to that. They have advantages over other frigates in terms of firepower and downwind speed. Don't think they should be buffed just because some players prefer them over other frigates.

 

Trincomalee: 

Characteristics and performance[edit]

The vessels of the class were fast, most recording 13 knots (24 km/h; 15 mph) large and 10 knots (19 km/h; 12 mph) close-hauled. However, their French-style proportions made them unweatherly compared to frigates designed to British proportions (such as the Lively class). Many captains requested additions to the frigates' false keels to remedy this. The Leda class stood to their canvas well and liked a stiff gale, but were prone to excessive pitching in very heavy seas. All captains complained of the class's poor stowage capacity, the result of their fine French underwater lines, but stowage improved after the introduction of iron fresh-water tanks. Lastly, captains considered the class to be "wet", a result of lively rolling and pitching causing seams to loosen.[4]

10 knots is very very fast close hauled

Endymion:

Endymionwas known as the fastest sailing-ship in the Royal Navy during the Age of Sail, logging 14.4 knots (26.7 km/h) sailing large, and nearly 11.0 knots (20.4 km/h) close-hauled

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoky    181

Both trinco and endy are faster then pirate frig downwind so there's that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flinch    58

Ive not sailed a trinco yet but Im eying it for its 4 bow chasers, something unique to it. Plus speed. 

Endy is super fast downwind too. 

There should be no 'best' 5th rate just different flavors of good ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HachiRoku    210
4 hours ago, Flinch said:

Ive not sailed a trinco yet but Im eying it for its 4 bow chasers, something unique to it. Plus speed. 

Endy is super fast downwind too. 

There should be no 'best' 5th rate just different flavors of good ships. 

oh I agree but pirate frigate or normal frigate will still beat a trinc in alot of cases because the trinc downwind advantage is 0.5 knots or so but supirse, frigate, lgvs are 2 knots faster close hauled. That makes no sense to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apina    23

Hachi is right.

Trinco has no role atm. it cannot do anything better/best than other ships.

Endy took the role of superfast downwind chaser, and there is no real competition here. the stern chasers makes endy a better ship. beam/upwind trinco has always been poor. turning as well. Put a most horrendous heeling of all the ships on top of that does not do enough to make 4 bow chasers worth preferring to.

So trinco is an acquired taste. I consider it the most challenging ship to sail in the game. on top of the sailing problems it also has the problem of being always undercrewed.

I love it, it forces me to become better :D

Edited by Apina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoky    181

Before the wipe and before we could craft pirate frig I sailed trinco for solo pvp. It has same-ish sail profile as pirate frig and is little bit faster with 4 bow chasers, while pirate frig is more agile. And don't forget that trinco has better sails strength so its easier to force ships into boarding. Main problem with trinco is constant rocking and large flat sides. Good trinco captain should demast smaller ships first and then board/sink them. So I vote to reduce rocking and then it should be fine ship.

As for endy, it will continue to suck donkey balls as long as it has that horrible sailing profile. No amount of buffs to other things can save it if devs don't change that sailing profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HachiRoku    210
13 hours ago, Zoky said:

Before the wipe and before we could craft pirate frig I sailed trinco for solo pvp. It has same-ish sail profile as pirate frig and is little bit faster with 4 bow chasers, while pirate frig is more agile. And don't forget that trinco has better sails strength so its easier to force ships into boarding. Main problem with trinco is constant rocking and large flat sides. Good trinco captain should demast smaller ships first and then board/sink them. So I vote to reduce rocking and then it should be fine ship.

As for endy, it will continue to suck donkey balls as long as it has that horrible sailing profile. No amount of buffs to other things can save it if devs don't change that sailing profile

the rocking is a realistic part of the trinc. I believe the trinc turn rate needs to be increased to 3 and maybe make her a whole 1 knot faster close hauled. That way she still is a whole knot slower than other ships

Edit. 2 knots close hauled speed buff is a must she is far to slow

Edited by HachiRoku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HachiRoku    210
7 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

imo this mark nonsense for 5th rates needs to go away first.

whats mark?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jodgi    2,318
On 5.8.2017 at 0:35 PM, Lordicious said:

Frigate will beat Trinc anyday

Gasp!

<mumbles>pants on head...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wallentinus    13

You only care about 1v1 but there are many other situation where the Trinco is still a good ship.

Look for the small battles (that was organized by Liquicity before the wipe) topic to see how many player used Trinco (including me) and what other kind of ships (PF, Essex , etc) were sailed.

About the heel. If u chasing a ship below the wind the bigger heel may help u to shoot from longer range without counter gunfire. If a smaller ship come closer u are able to use your upper deck if use your sail to heel. Just some example what some of your see as disadvantage that can be usefull. 

Endy has many advantages as Trico has its own. In small group close combat when u have to care about multiple enemies the following sailing profiles show where the Trinco is better. 

image.png.a1f1d3fbd5f04749dd29764c784b2576.pngimage.png

Edited by Wallentinus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hodo    2,252

The Trincomalee was nerfed a while ago and never un-nerfed when the Endymoin and Indefatigable came out. 

The Trincomalee is still better than the Essex which is a joke for a 5th rate currently.   I have a Leda and I love it, but it needs to be faster not much but about 0.3kn fast base maybe .5kn faster.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HachiRoku    210
5 hours ago, Wallentinus said:

You only care about 1v1 but there are many other situation where the Trinco is still a good ship.

Look for the small battles (that was organized by Liquicity before the wipe) topic to see how many player used Trinco (including me) and what other kind of ships (PF, Essex , etc) were sailed.

About the heel. If u chasing a ship below the wind the bigger heel may help u to shoot from longer range without counter gunfire. If a smaller ship come closer u are able to use your upper deck if use your sail to heel. Just some example what some of your see as disadvantage that can be usefull. 

Endy has many advantages as Trico has its own. In small group close combat when u have to care about multiple enemies the following sailing profiles show where the Trinco is better. 

image.png.a1f1d3fbd5f04749dd29764c784b2576.pngimage.png

Them problem with small battles was that where were little tactics involved. Except for the endymion there is not a single 5th rate a trinc can fight and win the wind from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×