Game-Labs Forum

Saturday Night Frigate Wars (PvP Global )

Bildo

Would like to start something outside the game mechanics to try and have a bit of fun.

The idea is:

Saturday night at 10pm est, for anyone whos got the nuggz to show up with a store bought Frig, medium guns with NO ship knowledge/up grades and 50k. Meet at an agreed free port and 50k entry fee.

Winner takes all...

Any suggestion would be nice. But keep it simple

Sink ya later, Bil

Edited by Bildo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The only issue is how do you prove some one doesn't have mods/ship knowledge set up?   

I wish we had the gunboat BP cause I want dang GUNBOAT WARS.

Thought about that.

We could meet in front of Morti.. Pirates/Black seems to have their members under control more than others and it's a central spot. I guess turning your smuggler's flag on/being in a Frig would let gankers know to please not hit them..?  La Tortue could be used to hand over the fee. Once in battle, circle up and take a screen shot of your equipment with global chat open. Gold goes to top 5.

There's no real way to stop someone coming in with ship knowledge and screwing things up. SO, I'm not gonna worry about it. 

Edited by Bildo

1 hour ago, mikawa said:

Tournaments welcome! We need more events like this! Not sure about the entry fee and unfortunately I'm on pvp EU  :mellow:  but I would love to see some videos ...

That's basically what this is. Was on a Thursday night pool league many moons ago and enjoyed watching the good players go at it. Even during the weekends I go and watch them play each other outside of the league at their home bars and it was tons of fun. Entry fee could be lowered.

Edited by Bildo

2 hours ago, Tenet said:

You need to have a person with significant reputation collect the Fees and record participants.

I'm sure there could be an agreed individual that could be found with such reputation requirements. :P

But tbh, I really don't care about that part. Was just added for the sake of "winnings".

Edited by Bildo

42 minutes ago, Bildo said:

Thought about that.

We could meet in front of Morti.. Pirates/Black seems to have their members under control more than others and it's a central spot. I guess turning your smuggler's flag on/being in a Frig would let gankers know to please not hit them..?  La Tortue could be used to hand over the fee. Once in battle, circle up and take a screen shot of your equipment with global chat open. Gold goes to top 5.

There's no real way to stop someone coming in with ship knowledge and screwing things up. SO, I'm not gonna worry about it. 

La Navasse would prob be a better neutral ground on the map since every one can port in and it's not exactly in any one's waters.  If it's going to be a free for all style fight than a pirate could tag another and every one join in.  Even than you could have teams split up or just do last man standing once every one is ready.  Hell most of you Nats prob even seen what the Pirate vs Pirate FFA fights are like, might shut a few folks up that think they are some super power thing pirates have.

Ok might of found another issue. I just hoped around a few pirate ports and couldn't find any store Frigates in them.  We might have to pick something like the Cerberus.   Even better that will even the playing field and be something a bit goofy....>CAPTURED LVG's<   I'm sure folks can go find one and capture it before tomorrow eve.  Since they are auto open three slots.  No mods alloweds, can use ship knowledge if you like.  Since they are all seem to be fir it could be interesting and I suspect some folks will blow up.   It would be cheap so not to hurt the wallets of some of the small clan or clanless guys that might want to join.  

Really wish I still had my gunboat I would come in with it and be judge like I done in some small battles and duels before when they needed a BR shift for one side or the other.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Ok, La Navasse sounds good. Any suggestions on who will handle the winnings? 

Maybe it could this week frigs, next week trader frigs or LVG`s... But there has to be a way to keep it as equal as possible like a posted screen shot of what you're fighting with ( lame ship with med guns ) in order to get winnings and smack talk rights for the week.

If store bought is an issue you can make them custom with Crew Space to be equal. 

LGV is a fairly cool idea because of the open slots - equalizes the field quite a bit more.

LGV do not all come from Fir - some of them are plain Fir, some Oak, and maybe other woods. 

6 minutes ago, Tenet said:

If store bought is an issue you can make them custom with Crew Space to be equal. 

LGV is a fairly cool idea because of the open slots - equalizes the field quite a bit more.

LGV do not all come from Fir - some of them are plain Fir, some Oak, and maybe other woods. 

I think if built with crew space it would be equal to those who can't build their own and use store bought. I've heard that finding them might be difficult in some ports.

2 hours ago, Vllad said:

I recommend you should keep this a secret. I would not make this a public thing. The intent is good but it does put a lot of PVP targets all in one spot.

Just saying...

Everyone is invited and will tell as many as ya can. 

If I could get maybe 10 players to show to have a good time for about an hour.. that would be great.