Game-Labs Forum

Preliminary discussion of the changes to conquest - clan wars are coming

I made an F11 of this. I had rig repairs in the shop for  750g, if you went to the shop the AI sold them for 450 and mine weren't even visible. There was no [ i ] to see contract details. Just plain rig repairs 450 each.

You can tell from the auto-screenshot that I am not making anything up. If it works as you say, there's a bug preventing it from working.

Edited by Quineloe

Just now, Quineloe said:

I made an F11 of this. I had rig repairs in the shop for  750g, if you went to the shop the AI sold them for 450 and mine weren't even visible.

NPC stores have their own prices. They focus on making their required margin and not more
So if someone sold repairs (for example captured repairs) to the store that does not consume repairs (free towns for example consume repairs and thus pay more)
They they would just mark those resources up for their margin and place on market

For example
If required margin is 100%. Then If NPC buys the item for 100 they will sell it for 200. They won't care if someone is selling it at 750. They want to sell first. 

There are 3 types of town for any resource
Producing - lowest prices
Normal - average prices 
Consuming - high prices (high purchase prices and even higher selling prices)

So if someone sells something in a producing port to NPC they will always relist that item at small margin and sell it cheap. they don't need it and want to get rid of it fast 

• Like 1

On 06.08.2017 at 3:07 AM, Intrepido said:

War companies over nations arent realistic, neither fits in this period of naval history. Fleets from the same nation fighting each other in the national ports... ?!?

No sandbox experience when 2/3 of the map is lock for conquest.

Its non realistic when you place capitals in strange places.

Its not realistic when you place crafting goods in the center of the map ignoring their historical locations. When you do somekind of "center of the galaxy" to fight for it.

check this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_de_Contratación  chartered companies existed and established control over cities and towns. Sometimes they fought each other. 
resources were never in the historical places with the exception of woods and fish
don't forget its a game too. Companies solve alt problem. Less problems = better game. 

• Like 6

On 05.08.2017 at 8:09 PM, Slamz said:

My prediction for how this will play out on PvP Global: total flop.

Pirates will form a War Clan.
France will not.
Dutch will not.
Spain will not.
Swedes will not.
Brits might but it won't work -- not enough people or coordination.
USA -- see Brits.
Danes will but they won't fight the Pirates.

Chartered war companies are basically battle groups for clans. Battle groups solved a lot of problems with alts and griefing (not all but most). Call this clan alliances and it suddenly looks better.

• Like 4

Just now, Quineloe said:

If a nation has no war clan at all, will they be unable to do port battles?

any clan can create a war company and then try to invite other clans. If no-one joins they are still a war company. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Demsity said:

What will happen to the newly implemented victory mark system?

It can be kept. Nations will still win wars (and non capturable ports can be excluded from the control points)

1 minute ago, admin said:

It can be kept. Nations will still win wars (and non capturable ports can be excluded from the control points)

That will give strong natios decesive tools to be even stronger.
Give them money, experience o combat marks... but dont give them an strategic resource that is needed to build certain ships.

36 minutes ago, admin said:

Chartered war companies are basically battle groups for clans. Battle groups solved a lot of problems with alts and griefing (not all but most). Call this clan alliances and it suddenly looks better.

but to avoid forming big coalitions will you disallow joining 3rd parties into OW battles? So if there is battle between some two Chartered war companies only members of those will be able to join?

PB will be limited to only 2 war companies of course but screening etc is also important

Edited by Mamen

Just now, Intrepido said:

In this case, it was created by the crown. One chartered company for all the Empire.

Also I still havent seen any historical reference in which a chartered company attacked another one from the same nation.

I really think the variety placement of woods are good and shouldnt been discarded. 

The victory mark system could be saved.

victory marks are intact (as this is a national leaderboard) it does not matter if clans conquer or war companies or nations. They work for the nation (with the exception of cases when they want to take over control from another clan who interferes)

and indeed it was created by the crown - and crown controlled who is in the navy and who is not. 
In the game it is impossible to control who enters your port battles and the only solution is to allow port battle entry to clans. 

• Like 2

If I think about taxes, I expect that if some company will control taxes, it will have interest in PROTECT the home waters (dangerous territory, less players, less money transfers there),  so finaly players will be motivated to protect new players and traders in their teritory.

20 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Ok, I understand the goal.

But, is there any chance to make it work without clan wars inside the nation?

For me, it breaks inmersion if I ever saw two ships from the same nation attacking each other in a PB.

and how you want to solve internal conflicts over ports control (especially nation ones?)

25 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Ok, I understand the goal.

But, is there any chance to make it work without clan wars inside the nation?

For me, it breaks inmersion if I ever saw two ships from the same nation attacking each other in a PB.

How do you take over the port from a rogue clan without help of another nation?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

We need port battle rewards to return. It's kinda not right that the whole nation of guys that don't do anything get rewarded cause of a group/clan/war company does all the hard work.  Something simple as bring back the Paint Chest for the winners of port battles.  Some they can use to stand out from the rest of the crowed that isn't game balanced breaking and to show the hard work they have done.

• Like 1

Just now, Quineloe said:

Can we name one "Rogue Clan"? I don't think I've ever seen one. Is this a pirate issue?

the problem is alts
3 alts can ruin the PB.. they will just quietly sail and do nothing.

But maybe the problem is overrated? 

• Like 2

the problem is alts

I feel like the problem went away after the four bans in July

I think the problem has migrated to Albion Online.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Quineloe said:

Can we name one "Rogue Clan"? I don't think I've ever seen one. Is this a pirate issue?

I wonder if there will be limitations over creating chatered war companies... if for example number of clans within one company...then we might have conflicts within nation

Devil's advocate question

Wont separating cities into capturable and non capturable just create another rookie zone - changing game for everyone but changing nothing in reality? 

How would it be a rookie zone if players can still be attacked by other players, especially mission jumping where you can spawn right next to the player if you saw him enter? Which is something that should be addressed imo.

5 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

On PvP EU there is lots of "rogue" clans or clans that do not agree with the majority of the nation. I am not going to start naming them to prevent drama here.

by Rogue clan I mean clans deliberately playing against their own nation, not just refusing to do as they're told.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

the problem is alts

I don't feel arts in PBs  is that problematic right now due to low population numbers and RVR in general being very quiet across the map.

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Devil's advocate question

Wont separating cities into capturable and non capturable just create another rookie zone - changing game for everyone but changing nothing in reality? 

Making half the map non capturable creates dead zones only people there will be odd traders (except ones with resources we want as they will be middle map). And people looking for safe missions meaning hunters won't look there unless they wanna gank some care bear pvers  on a pvp server...so generally I don't like it I get the idea of a bigger buffer zone around capitals and that's about it tbh..

4 minutes ago, admin said:

the problem is alts

Though as a clan that does have alts they can be used to cause trouble, but if any nation is half decent they should be able to keep alt trouble makers out of the War Companies and if they can actually get their heads out of their arse they should be easily fight back any Alt War Companies and keep them from controlling any of the regions.  It all comes down to the fact you can now push such clans/chars out if you get organized unless that clan is more organized than you or your nation is.   Which really won't matter if it's a bunch of alts in a clan causing trouble by taking one nations key ports or a clan of really organized players.  

I get how this will help with the random Joe blow alt from joining fights to lock out players or who puts buy contracts up and buys all the goods.  You take the port and control it so they can't do that.   Or you can take an enemy region/ports and control it with your very organized Clan of just normal players.      So instead the issue becomes more that it's organization and team work issues not alts effecting the port battles and control of regions/ports.

• Like 1