Game-Labs Forum

CREW became stale or latent when reloading

Norfolk nChance

CREW became stale or latent when reloading

Noticed this happening more and more. CREW failing to reload or move positions. Have [F11] but since I think 10.3 its happened more often. In the image the STERN chain crew are failing to load also notice the sailing crew are 1 down yet in [9] we have a float of 200+ crew.

I need to [F5] the particular area to refresh it. Could this be my side with Packet Loss somehow?

Norfolk

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1097384600

I often see that too, that 1 crew member is missing on sailing or gunnery while there are plenty on the greyed out boarding station. If you dissable another one the missing sailor usually appears from somewhere. Crew failing to reload cannons although I have enough to do the job happens very rarely to me but it does happen.

I think in this case it's because you stopped both your sides from reloading, only your front chasers require crew, 10 men. As the rest is not used, it goes to the other tasks, and if those are full, eventually to boarding

But I have experienced the "Reload Bug" a few times again since the wipe. Full crew on Gunnery, yet only a part of cannons is being reloaded. Really annoying and not sure what's causing it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liquicity said:

I think in this case it's because you stopped both your sides from reloading, only your front chasers require crew, 10 men. As the rest is not used, it goes to the other tasks, and if those are full, eventually to boarding

This exactly. I used to have the same problem as the OP before I figured out what is going on. Basically, you have more crew than your ship is requiring to function and there is nowhere for your excess crew to go to (boarding is full, sailing is full, gunnery is full and nobody is needed in survival or repairs [or they are full too]). When this happens, your crew stops reloading...I guess they are confused on who should be standing where LOL.

This happened to me once when I was in a gunboat. I had exceptional light carriages on there and I turned off my stern carronade, when I did that, my forward chaser stopped reloading: I had full crew in sailing, gunnery, and boarding, all of those requirements were less than what my ship needed to function. With those light carriages on that ship, if I lost one gun, my ship became unusable, needless to say, I stopped running light carriages on that ship after that.

6 hours ago, Liquicity said:

But I have experienced the "Reload Bug" a few times again since the wipe. Full crew on Gunnery, yet only a part of cannons is being reloaded. Really annoying and not sure what's causing it.

I've had this problem too and I have yet to figure out what is causing it. It is really frustrating so I F11 it every time I see it.

TL/DR: Turn on one of your broadsides. Also, I miss my gold Light Carriages and my gold Gunboat RIP.

thanks for the replies guys,

One thing to Notice is my [9] Boarding. This should fill up with oversupply from Gunnery. This didn't happen. 

Something is definitely wrong here with the crew management system flow. We shouldn't need to switch on and off a side to restart it. 

@Ink I remember ages ago a similar player had the same problem you and I looked at. This is happening more frequently and has I said from 10.30