Game-Labs Forum

News Flash! Denmark Pearl Harbors France

Slamz

3 hours ago, koltes said:

Here is were we stand and you can take this as a statement from BLACK. I didn't read ANY of the replies. I'm merely answering to the OP. I will also certainly not going to be dragged into any discussions on this matter. Take this as a statement of the BLACK's position.

Pirates have done everything for French to help you out simply because we wanted to see you as ally against US, GB, Dutch which had the largest population on the server:
1. We brought the very 1st built and the only 1st rate on the server all the way to New Orleans to help you out to keep the port. Not out fault your nations didn't bring enough to defend;
2. After we flipped Savanna (Georgia) we sailed on the way back for 4 hours on 1st rates just to show up and screen for you in PaP. Not out fault your nation did nothing to protect it;
3. You were having problems with Danes flipping ports back and forth and we did everything we could to make a peace between your nations. Before that finally happened you took enough of Dane's traders;
4. Pirates were never hunting French;
5. French were still occasionally killing pirates and our alts; 
6. French done absolutely nothing to contribute to the alliance. Specifically you have done absolutely nothing for Pirates to return the favor;
7. French were very well aware of the fact that Pirates and Danes are in alliance and that to us this stands above all. If you wanted an alliance with Pirates you had to come to an agreement with Danes. If you were to attack Danes you would have problem with Pirates and vice versa.

French broke the alliance with Danes, Pirates and Swedes by attacking Pirates. You did this perfidiously without any warning. We found out about this only when pirates around Mort start going down. I have asked KOC why are you attacking pirates? Does this mean end of alliance and no more peace? He said: "yeah".

If you were caught by surprise that you were attacked by Danes and Swedes after you attacked pirates you are either a very poor diplomat/politic or just trying to justify and cover up your own actions. Personally I think you are both, else you would know whats coming for you.

Read my signature as an indication of what I think of our ex-alliance with you and our intentions.
I hope your nation can operate out of one port. GL HF

Koltes out... o7

So, you think we should of carebeared it up into some super eastern alliance?  Been all peaceniks and PvE?

Honestly the metagaming is a bit heavy to win 1 VM a week.  It's much more fun coursing Willis... he's a pretty good rabbit!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duncan McFail said:

If you're not going to attack someone's main then why would you attack their alt? It's the same person.

So now players are responsible for maintaining ISP info as well? That is just dumb. You want to play an alt on another team, you get all the crap that comes with that.

4 hours ago, koltes said:

You did this perfidiously without any warning.

Apparently you weren't paying attention. I have been attacking everyone perfidiously since day 1 with exception of the Danes for a few weeks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, koltes said:

Here is were we stand and you can take this as a statement from BLACK. I didn't read ANY of the replies. I'm merely answering to the OP. I will also certainly not going to be dragged into any discussions on this matter. Take this as a statement of the BLACK's position.

Pirates have done everything for French to help you out simply because we wanted to see you as ally against US, GB, Dutch which had the largest population on the server:
1. We brought the very 1st built and the only 1st rate on the server all the way to New Orleans to help you out to keep the port. Not our fault your nations didn't bring enough to defend;
2. After we flipped Savanna (Georgia) we sailed on the way back for 4 hours on 1st rates just to show up and screen for you in PaP. Not our fault your nation did nothing to protect it;
3. You were having problems with Danes flipping ports back and forth and we did everything we could to make a peace between your nations. Before that finally happened you took enough of Dane's traders;
4. Pirates were never hunting French;
5. French were still occasionally killing pirates and our alts; 
6. French done absolutely nothing to contribute to the alliance. Specifically you have done absolutely nothing for Pirates to return the favor;
7. French were very well aware of the fact that Pirates and Danes are in alliance and that to us this stands above all. If you wanted an alliance with Pirates you had to come to an agreement with Danes. If you were to attack Danes you would have problem with Pirates and vice versa.

French broke the alliance with Danes, Pirates and Swedes by attacking Pirates. You did this perfidiously without any warning. We found out about this only when pirates around Mort start going down. I have asked KOC why are you attacking pirates? Does this mean end of alliance and no more peace? He said: "yeah".

If you were caught by surprise that you were attacked by Danes and Swedes after you attacked pirates you are either a very poor diplomat/politic or just trying to justify and cover up your own actions. Personally I think you are both, else you would know whats coming for you.

Read my signature as an indication of what I think of our ex-alliance with you and our intentions.
I hope your nation can operate out of one port. GL HF

Koltes out... o7

Your timeline is accurate. I only have two points to add.

France was not surprised the Danes attacked. It was expected. This thread is simply about them not honoring the 72hr notice in our treaty with them.

France has been prepared for being one ported since the Danes first attacked us. For us it has always been a potential reality

Now you ask WHY does France attack the Pirates.  It's as simple as this. There would be no competition on this server and it would fade into stagnation, as players leave, if someone doesn't balance the Pirate teams current dominance. You need an opponent.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, koltes said:

What fantasy world are you living in?  There was NEVER an alliance between France and any of Pirates, Danes or Swedes.  These were always enemies, whether there was some form of ceasefire in place between certain clans or not.  (Though I should mention that we appreciated your attempt to provide screening assistance at PaP)  We did NOT ask for alliance, and CCCP's fantasy of forcing us at gunpoint to submit to becoming their pet "ally" under occupation was their own delusion.  Perhaps they should have ASKED France respectfully if we would like to collaborate in some way?   Instead they always treated us with contempt and have invaded France THREE times now, which is no basis for "alliance".  After the first invasion we were already enemies. 

When you guys started rolling across the map too casually France responded appropriately to try to help restore balance.  We have no wish to help you expand your empire! 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)
  • Like 1

I think what is sticking in a lot of peoples crawl with those who are up against France as of late is the vile comments KoC made on Global...wow it was insane sadly...and even a lot of clanmates on TS was saying how they had respect for KoC but its gone now.  He really did set a bad tone with the rants. :(

Gotta try and have fun gents, and part of the aspects of a Diplomacy or MMO RvR is the issues of turning against another Nation whenever.

.its diplomacy..but never take it personal

Edited by Mike the Mongel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike the Mongel said:

I think what is sticking in a lot of peoples crawl with those who are up against France as of late is the vile comments KoC made on Global...

Haven't heard.  If someone makes truly vile comments they deserve a "name and shame" exposure, and they'll be soiling themselves by their own words.  

1 hour ago, Mike the Mongel said:

I think what is sticking in a lot of peoples crawl with those who are up against France as of late is the vile comments KoC made on Global...wow it was insane sadly...and even a lot of clanmates on TS was saying how they had respect for KoC but its gone now.  He really did set a bad tone with the rants. :(

Gotta try and have fun gents, and part of the aspects of a Diplomacy or MMO RvR is the issues of turning against another Nation whenever.

.its diplomacy..but never take it personal

I, myself, would like to apologize for any future forum PVP that truly offends anyone.  As Mike succinctly states, at the end of the day it is just a game.  

That being said, it seems to be taking a while for LV to be washed from my brain...

🤡