Game-Labs Forum

Pirate Rig Refit problem

Mamen

I have weird impression that pirate rig refit doesnt work properly or I am missing something. For example if I use Spanish Rig refit speed is higher than nominal (with best wind) but with pirate rig refit I only expierince 3% speed penalty on main sails and with side or up wind there is really no difference (on surprise)... anyone tested this thing cause maybe I don't fully understand how staysails (JIB) work...

Edited by Mamen

7 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

You get higher speeds starting from 90 degrees and upwind. On square rigged vessels you will notice huge speed drop downwind, pirate refit will work best for fore and aft vessels like Lynx / Privateer, so the small pyrate hunting ships :)

yea... but according to surprise wind profile... on side wind it has 100% of his speed but after placing pirate rig refit it behaves like with 3% penalty and without bonus (if bonus and penalty works equaly on 90 degrees then speed should be 100%) ... I will have to test it upwind more as well but this looks really weird

SailingProfileSURPRISE.png

2 minutes ago, qw569 said:

I suppose it will be usefull

thx qw but thats the point... I dont remember how extra staysails worked before wipe... but I think there was penalty to studding sails as well... and now it is not working like that at all...

33 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

This is the old Sailing profile of Surprise, now on most angles the speed was decresed, Surprise is not doing 100% speed at 90 degrees anymore.

thats what I was worried about... no up to date information nowhere ...hope that new UI will fix this and we will get all updated wind profiles, hard caps etc...