Game-Labs Forum

Has the value of sealed bottles gone waaay down?

Genma Saotome

Question

Some weeks ago one could expect juicy rewards from finding a ship wreck mapped by a sealed bottle.  It might include stuff like Black Ironwood.  Nowadays you get iron ingots and not much else.

It used to take a big trader to carry away the loot.  One only needs a Lynx now, sometimes not even a Trader Lynx.

So is it just my bad luck of late or has the value of sealed bottles gone from fabulous to not worth the bother?  And why?

Edited by Genma Saotome

4 answers to this question

I got Stained Glass yesterday. It's still there. I actually hate that stuff because a TL then can't pick it up and the price at my capital is usually reduced to 1 from all the trading people do with it anyways.

wrecks used to be even better when you could find rare upgrades in them. Now it's just a super heavy trade good, 0-2 labor contracts that have any value at all, worthless food, worthless rum, worthless tobacco, worthless coins and ingots.

The reason I asked is the last three, maybe four bottles I have recovered have been some combination of <200 tons of iron ingots, tobacco, and a few gold or silver bars. Maaaybe worth a couple of thousand gold. This would be, oh... after the first week of July.

Before then (and before the big wipe), it was as all of you described. Now all I see is dregs.