Game-Labs Forum

Is Union easier campaign than Confederate?

Perkon

I got to Shiloh, and fun factor is gone. I did watch gameplays, and did check forum, and it appears that most of the Confederate battles look like this. Urrra, and charge Union lines, forts, etc.

I only enjoyed these couple small scale skirmishes, because I first of all could control the whole battlefield, my units, there was no magic teleport, etc.

Would I be more enjoying Union? Seeing as I would be playing the opposite force, and be them, that should put me mostly in an advantage, yes, or not? I did got farther on earlier versions, but had the same, no fun at all feeling. Time limit is killing the game and making it completely unplayable, just as the scripts, and everything else.

Edited by Perkon

The Confederate campaign is actually easier at least up through Fredericksburg. You will have periodic battles where you get to sit on defense and laugh at Union troops. Later on is when you really switch to mostly offense against the murder trenches and then you need to get creative (or somehow brute force it, it''s not impossible).

In terms of the amount of resources, which are money, manpower and equipment availability, the Union has a slight advantage. Otherwise, there is no "easier" campaign. The time limit is not bad at all and it really does a very good job in controlling the pace of the missions. If you had a bad time at Shiloh as the CSA, then you don't want to play the Union on Fredericksburg.

Besides, attacking is so much fun rather than just sitting back and defending which is very boring. Seeing well prepared defenses crumble with a well organized assault is so satisfying in this game. It's often in attack or counter-attack missions where you get to wipe out entire armies and get insane amounts of equipment. To me, that's where the joy of this game is.