Game-Labs Forum

Port Battle Flipping Bug (EU)

Hello there,

Today (7/27) we (the British nation) attempted to flip Nouvelle-Orleans but ran out of time, getting it to only 80% before the window closed (00:00 server time).

Some of us decided to keep grinding, to keep the hostility high and try again later. However, when the hostility reached 100% (at around 5:30 server time 7/28) the port flipped, and scheduled a port battle for 22:00 server time on 7/28. 

We wanted to flip the port, but this is clearly a bug, and isn't fair to the enemy nation, as they went to sleep thinking they had stopped the port from being flipped.

Thank you.

@Ink @admin

20170727223933_1.jpg

Edited by Guest
Added more detail

18 minutes ago, Skully said:

Can you be a bit more specific in how you would have expected the game mechanic to work?

Well there are a few problems happening here, but here's a big one. Port battles are suppose to happen 22 hours after the port reaches 100% hostility. This port reached 100% at 5:30 server time (roughly) on 7/28, and yet the port battle has been scheduled for 22:00 on 7/28. Something seems clearly wrong with that, because it is definitely not 22 hours after reaching 100% hostility.

I would have expected the hostility to stay at 100% until server reset, at which point it would be 90%. Then we would bring it back to 100% until the window reopened (at 17:00), at which point a battle would be scheduled for 7/29. I could be wrong about how some of this works, but I believe this is correct. 

Edited by Guest

I thought the restrictions on PvP EU were only the times that port battles could happen. Does this mean now that you want the time hostility can be generated also restricted? Maybe the EU server should only be open for a few hours per day.

28-07-2017 05:30 + 22 hours = 29-07-2017 03:30

I would expect PB to come up in the upcoming window at 29-07-2017 17:00. Hence my question for clarification.

Note that I have no interest in the EU timing mechanic itself, so I can only agree to OP that what happened is outside our expectations.

@EliteDelta

From my reading I believe that:

• if you raise 100% hostility after server reset but before 19:00 hrs the  '100% hostility time record' is set to 19:00 hours.  This will give rise to a PB after the next server reset at 17:00hrs.
  • If you raise hostility on or between 19:00hrs and 24:00hrs the '100% hostility time record' is set to the server time at that instant. This will give rise to a PB 22hrs later.
  • If hostility is reached on or after 24.00hrs but before server reset that the '100% hostility time record' is set at 24.00, this will give rise to a PB after next server reset at 22:00hrs; in your case this is/was on the same calendar day. 

If the above three 'if' statements are correct then there is a logic to this as it means that the next server reset does not interfere with the 100% Hostility/PB time relationship (and its easy to code). In all cases the PB occurs during the time period after the server reset.

A slightly more complicated 'if' statement would be required to meet your expectations (which I don't disagree with btw) .

All or some of the above may be complete BS and I welcome being corrected, it's just my take on events.

Buster (bleeding between the ears a little bit)

P.S. have you still got that damned fast Santa Cecilia or has someone nailed it? I have chased you around the map with a gank squad a few time without success, good going matey!

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
Included 19:00 to 24:00 hrs

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

Sorry Buster, but that's wrong, wrong and wrong statement. Also I wouldn't ask about Santa Cecilia, it's a sensitive topic for him. You still got time to edit your post :P

Thanks Peter, I am not unfamiliar with being wrong but can you give me the 'right, right and right' cases?

Re the PvP Santa, sunk or captured? If captured, who will we be chasing next?

Buster (raising sails)

@Peter Goldman

Thanks for the link.

I have read through the post in the link you gave but do not see any post on an actual event (rather than suppositions by some posters) that contravenes my three 'if' statements above. In fact they seem to confirm my post rather than contradict it.

Is there a particular post entry in that thread that you are referring to which I have missed?

Buster

3 minutes ago, Ink said:

For example, in case it was flipped at 27/07 05:00, the battle should be set up at 29/07 17:00. WIll be fixed.

Just for clarification, the 22 hour later mechanic is no longer in effect? 

We can flip ports at any time, the battles will just always be between 17:00 and 22:00?