Game-Labs Forum

Player Using 2nd Account on Forums to Frame Myself and Incite Further Derision on Global Server

Player @Duncan McFail and @Slim Jimmerson just posted on this thread.  They appear to be the same person.

Slim Attempts to post in the thread suggesting that he is in fact myself.  I posted the thread he is linking.

5a352c50ca6af3eece39ef1313271fb9.png

He then later accuses that character of also being me.  When actually he is accusing himself.

313d562c147c0bd2fd8d1b95983b470c.png

Later on he cocks up and posts the same thing twice on both accounts.

ae2b38c5cc8d2d3a64f0aa2cc7c9f540.png

2ca31fa10dbb06e4229e9de550d09006.png

And then admits it in global.  

3d8ef06f4f8dab9d80bc69121194cb48.png

This person impersonates me to incite further tension between the pirates and the brits.  Fights with this own clan.  Incites tension between the US and the Brits.  I feel like some rules were broken somewhere down the line here.  This type of manipulation does not belong in Naval Action and is ruining the game.  

This type of player is exactly what Naval Action does not need and should be removed.

What say you @Ink and @admin.  Care to make a real stand in the fight against alts ruining your game?

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

The reason I posted in that thread was to express that the problem @Aussie Pastor was tallking about was because the exploited PB of Savannah that lets them gank noobs in what should be relatively safe waters.

Pirates continually denied the fact that using an alt for PB is against the rules and indeed exploitative using the tribunal to support my claim 

They disregard, and @Duncan McFail accused me of being an alt for Britain, claiming GB used the US for their own gain

As a satirical joke I outrageously went along, with a ridiculous made up plan that GB are the ones who convinced the Pirates to exploit the PB, and not the pirates.

Someone else posted commenting on that this way a ploy and I was actually a Pirate alt, trying to make the GB look like the bad guys and make the pirates look not responsible for their confirmed alt exploiting to win Savannah. 

I thought this was intended to be satirical as well, since it was also a  ridiculous "ploy" (accusing the accusers of being the alt)

The double post at the end was meant to be the most outrageously unbelievable thing to really put the period on the joke, since no one is dumb enough to somehow double post on two accounts, and at the end put "PLEASE DEELEATE MODS, I DID NOT MEAN TO POST THAT TWICE" as the most underlying tell that it was a joke, since after messing up that bad the worst thing someone could do is actually confirm it was an unintentional mistake. In hindsight t his was probably pushing it a bit.

Overall, I'm sorry for the misunderstandings. Poe's law is very prevalent these days, and with the growing tension between nations and I can see how it could be taken as real. My whole point was to show 

a. Denying the proof that Savannah was an exploited PB is ridiculous when tribunal confirmed it backed by dev rules of no alt interfering with PBs

b. Accusing me to be a British alt who wants to bring down the US is ridiculous, ask anyone in my nation and they'll tell you I'm a very active US player who wants nothing more than for us to succeed.

My personal apologies to @Christendom since it was you who @Duncan McFail accused of being the owner of "alt" me. I didn't realize at the time the potential dirt I was putting on your name. For the record I'm not an alt and I have no other accounts tied to my name/ip.

Sorry again.

o7

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

Impersonating other players is ok?  I was also accused of being Slim in that thread.

If this is indeed Duncan, than he was using Slim to impersonate myself and suggest that I am posting on 2 separate characters.  

If isn't Duncan than Slim was impersonating myself and Duncan on the forums, potentially trying to get Duncan in trouble, and is even perhaps a greater crime.  

Whomever is on Slim should have his forum privs revoked for good.  This type of behavior does not belong in this game.  

15 minutes ago, Skully said:

Begging your attention, I believe the reference is to: 

I believe the accused has admitted trolling the thread and has repented for his actions.

The accused isn't an alt, and this tribunal is about forum actions, not game actions.  This topic should be locked and dismissed.  Moderators are there for forum issues.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1

Forum actions and game actions can bleed into each other.  There is certainly no hard line between the two for players, as the game often continues between both mediums.  Issues in one can have impacts in another.  As this is virgin territory (as far as I know), it must be looked at by Ink or Admin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

Impersonating other players is ok?  I was also accused of being Slim in that thread.

If this is indeed Duncan, than he was using Slim to impersonate myself and suggest that I am posting on 2 separate characters.  

If isn't Duncan than Slim was impersonating myself and Duncan on the forums, potentially trying to get Duncan in trouble, and is even perhaps a greater crime.  

Whomever is on Slim should have his forum privs revoked for good.  This type of behavior does not belong in this game.  

I wouldn't have continued if I known at the time Duncan accused me of being YOUR alt. I wasn't trying to impersonate you, just have a laugh and prove a point.

Obviously it makes no sense for me to be Duncans alt when I'm constantly disagreeing with his "logic", even in that same thread, anyone with their head screwed on tight could see that.

It's pretty textbook situational irony, and I explain ever little bit of it in my first post. I guess that sort of humor fades after 30.-_-

Maybe the same way we shouldn't throw around "that person exploits" without proof we shouldn't wildly be throwing around "that person is an alt" without proof.

Again, I know this affects you the most, as its relatively reasonable to somehow come to the conclusion that I am your alt (compared to duncans). If I saw your name in Duncans unprecedented accusation I would've made it clear I'm not in anyway related to your account.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

7 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

I wouldn't have continued if I known at the time Duncan accused me of being YOUR alt. I wasn't trying to impersonate you, just have a laugh and prove a point.

Obviously it makes no sense for me to be Duncans alt when I'm constantly disagreeing with his "logic", even in that same thread, anyone with their head screwed on tight could see that.

It's pretty textbook situational irony, and I explain ever little bit of it in my first post. I guess that sort of humor fades after 30.-_-

Maybe the same way we shouldn't throw around "that person exploits" without proof we shouldn't be throwing around "that person is an alt" without proof.

Again, I know this affects you the most, as its relatively reasonable to somehow come to the conclusion that I am your alt (compared to duncans). If I saw your name in Duncans wild accusation I would've made it clear I'm not in anyway related to your account.

I have submitted evidence that you were trying to impersonate both myself and Duncan as an alt character in an attempt to spew more drama into a server full of it.  Call it foolish, a joke or malicious.....it shouldn't be done.  This technically could classify as griefing and I'll leave it at that.

If it turns out you aren't Duncan and it appears that is the case, I've already reached out to him via PM to make amends. 

This sort of drama is the reason why people quit this game.   I don't appreciate being portrayed as a backdoor manipulator through alts or anything of the sort.  I'm sure Duncan should feel the same.  

52 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I have submitted evidence that you were trying to impersonate both myself and Duncan as an alt character in an attempt to spew more drama into a server full of it.  Call it foolish, a joke or malicious.....it shouldn't be done.  This technically could classify as griefing and I'll leave it at that.

If it turns out you aren't Duncan and it appears that is the case, I've already reached out to him via PM to make amends. 

This sort of drama is the reason why people quit this game.   I don't appreciate being portrayed as a backdoor manipulator through alts or anything of the sort.  I'm sure Duncan should feel the same.  

Its funny because Duncan accused me of being your alt, before I even started the satire of the accusation and the tone was generally serious and straight forward

accusation.thumb.png.e46fba0e9e87b5294ff82f6994d029b6.png597a37a6e0814_accusation2.thumb.png.6306f2573a69270a60b68a728a903f79.png

If you've "made amends" (the most progressive diplomacy ever achieved with the pirates on global) then isn't it safe to say my actions have brought PR and GB and closer as nations then before?

Edited by Slim Jimmerson