Game-Labs Forum
Fritz Hermann

Naval Actions Legends - Infos and details

Howdy!

I would like to have more informations about this project. I truly believe in the potential of this game and I am more than excited to see it done!

So, here are few questions I have:

• Do you have any idea when it could be available?
  • What about the closed beta, have you guys started yet? If so, can we have a glance of what it looks like?
  • Matchmaking :
    • What can we expect? 2vs2 up to 25vs25?
    • Nations with specific ships, or every ships available for every nations?
    • Battle rating based? Rate restrictions? For example, can we see a team with 1 2nd rate and 3 4th rate, or will it be a battle of 1000 BR with the possibilities to take any ships of any rates as long as the BR is respected?

I have many more questions, but I can't remembre them right now. Please, let me know if you have any more informations.

Thank you,

Fritz Hermann

Edited by Fritz Hermann

Yes. A lot of potential lies ahead. The current state of NA is boring for most so legends could be a new target for gamelabs to come back on track.

1 hour ago, fox2run said:

Yes. A lot of potential lies ahead. The current state of NA is boring for most so legends could be a new target for gamelabs to come back on track.

OW is only boring for most players due to the low the player base. I have seen a lot of out cry the legends will kill OW but I think it will be the opposite. OW players will continue to play OW and legends gives a good intro to players to learn how to play ships in a less punishing environment at the same time teaching and attaching new players. The skill floor is set very high and a new play can work for hours to finally get their 1st 6th rate fitted out only to lose it in the first mission they play in. This discourages new players and puts a bad taste in their mouths for the game in general and if they do continue to play they will play very defensively from then on. This lowers the already low PvP volume and makes the game more boring. Legends will be the "gateway drug" to OW for player to hone their skills and get involved in the game. If players coming into open world already have a good sense for how combat works they might play more aggressively and everyone will have more fun. 

36 minutes ago, Muinko said:

OW is only boring for most players due to the low the player base. I have seen a lot of out cry the legends will kill OW but I think it will be the opposite. OW players will continue to play OW and legends gives a good intro to players to learn how to play ships in a less punishing environment at the same time teaching and attaching new players. The skill floor is set very high and a new play can work for hours to finally get their 1st 6th rate fitted out only to lose it in the first mission they play in. This discourages new players and puts a bad taste in their mouths for the game in general and if they do continue to play they will play very defensively from then on. This lowers the already low PvP volume and makes the game more boring. Legends will be the "gateway drug" to OW for player to hone their skills and get involved in the game. If players coming into open world already have a good sense for how combat works they might play more aggressively and everyone will have more fun. 

I dont agree on this. Maxed everything out in OW and played it since feb 2016. The game was so much more fun back then. Too hard core realism kills fun in most games. The fun for me is pvp but I hate the fact that I have to use like a week or two just to get a ship and loose it in a minute. Its too grindy now. Red Orchestra2 is fun becourse of the one-bullet life you got. One mistake and you drop dead. Thats a bit realistic for a shooting game. And it takes skill to stay alive for longer duration. But the respawn is not realistic. But it makes the game not boring. Would I play Red Orchestra2 if I had to build a caracter or a weapon and this would take me a week? No Sir! No way!

And yet NA is just like this. Great combat but very. very, poor and boring road to get a sea battle going. I love to maneuvre a SOL in a large battle - but I simply cant and wont spend many, many hours just to get one or maybe two port battles every half a year or so. Sorry dude. Im out.

Arma2/3 are more fun than Red Orchestra 2 though :) just to counter the half-arcade arena pointer. Some campaigns in Arma do last for a week round the clock. I love the big world and small squad tactics and good 250 player servers do cater for similar crowds to NA OW...

Glad there's open world games and arena games. Both have their niche.

Sorry to refer something even remotely different to what you consider the best, sir. My bad.