Game-Labs Forum

End of battle - Proceed next day

LordAmaury

Hi everyone,

is there any option or tweak to avoid being forced to proceed to the next day of a battle ?

Each time I'm finishing my battle the game takes me out of the battlefield and I'm forced to proceed to next day of battle, it's frustrating...

I would prefer to be able to decide to continue my battle or to move on to next day, like in "Total War" games.

Depending on the battle, you may or may not be able to prevent being kicked into another day.  At Shiloh, for example, you'll be put into the second day if you didn't capture Pittsburg Landing as the Confederates, but if you did,  the battle ends then.  At 2nd Manassas though, there will always be a second day as the Confederates for the counter-attack.

There's no option to just turn it off, though - the game's missions are based around history, and they can't change that.

• Like 3

More needs to be done to take into account what happened on the previous day though. Armies shouldn't be sent back to their starting point after having made a lot of progress. Lost positions shouldn't be magically retaken. Some kind of dynamic adaptation of battle realities should be incorporated so it's not too unrealistic

On 26.07.2017 at 4:21 PM, The Soldier said:

Depending on the battle, you may or may not be able to prevent being kicked into another day.  At Shiloh, for example, you'll be put into the second day if you didn't capture Pittsburg Landing as the Confederates, but if you did,  the battle ends then. 

No, just had Siloh 1 today, captured everything on both flanks [left/right], then attacked the city with all forces, and... 2nd day.

7 minutes ago, Perkon said:

No, just had Siloh 1 today, captured everything on both flanks [left/right], then attacked the city with all forces, and... 2nd day.

Do note you have to both Capture and Secure Pittsburg Landing to win on the first day.  If you didn't, you'll get kicked into the next day.  I've won this battle on the first day about a million times.

Many times, taking objectives require the player to hold those objectives for a period of time before they're considered secure.

If you take them near the end of the day's timer, you may not have enough time on the clock left to claim the objective as taken and secured by your forces.  This will kick you to the second day as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A. P. Hill said:

Many times, taking objectives require the player to hold those objectives for a period of time before they're considered secure.

If you take them near the end of the day's timer, you may not have enough time on the clock left to claim the objective as taken and secured by your forces.  This will kick you to the second day as well.

The problem is that it's either only recently changed to be more graceful or is inconsistently applied for each battle. I have a different Cold Harbor battle rendering now where I win on Phase 3 Day 1 as CSA but got onto the VP late and had the battle timer extend/stuck at 0:00 as it counted down the Contested timer (with no Union troops nearby) until it resolved to full Capture and then the battle finally ended.