Game-Labs Forum

Make the clan warehouse more like an exchange

I would like my clan warehouse to work more like an exchange where members can only take things out by trading for equal value.

As clan leader I would set prices for resources, mats etc... and the clan could exchange for money, marks or other items.

I feel this would be a good way to keep the warehouse stocked and stop thievery within the clan.

59776ce9aee74_DDbanner.thumb.jpg.3a91454b1c3554d82077bfc885d3058f.jpg

Edited by Richbeard

I feel like we need to add custom Ranks. Let's say I created Clan rank called 'Powder Monkey'. All new members will by default have this Clan title. Powder Monkey title also has restrictions set and customized by clan leader. ex. Deposit resources to warehouse - Yes, withdraw resources - No, withdraw gold - no, Invite new players - No, Promote - No... etc.. 

Edited by Wind Catcher

30 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Weird idea. Why not have the logs of who sends and withdraws what?

I do not think log will help get stolen resources back. Restrictions will almost guarantee no theft as only leader controls and assigns who takes what. 

Edited by Wind Catcher

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

That's what I'm trying now. Of course the 'honor system' applies.  I would like a way to keep an honest man honest even at his weakest moments.

what I'm saying would be more like going into 'SHOP' to buy and sell except at clan prices.  This would induce members to sell their resources and mats to the warehouse so others could access them. Prices could be set for small or no profit. at the leader discretion

I  suppose I'd be in favor of a rank expansion that includes 1 or 2 supply officers.  But why introduce unnecessary game mechanics to achieve what you should be able to achieve with 1 or 2 trusted companions and a set of clan rules?  If you set it up as a game mechanic it goes without saying that you still need to be able to trust the entrusted officers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bart Smith said:

Warehouse logs and clan ship storage - that all we need. Maybe more detailed ranks with privileges.

Clan-ship storage? Great, just a way to bypass the shiplimitamount ... I geuss solo players are hello kittyed again?

So with the exchange system you will in fact screw yourself over if you suddenly need resources to craft supplies for a sudden call to action. I guess the next thing would be the ability to shut off the exchange feature in cases where you needed a large amount of supplies in order to craft a large item or a large amount of items. I think the main thing you should do is find people you can trust and give them officer rank until such time as they violate that trust and have the rank removed. Both systems have pro's and con's, it is a choice of which you want to deal with. If you can not trust your own clan members including those you made officers, then accept the management of the clan warehouse or take the risk of trusting someone.

12 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

We been saying this for a long time.  We all ready have a battle log that is also tracsk what you buy too.  SO shouldn't be to hard.

11 hours ago, Wind Catcher said:

I do not think log will help get stolen resources back. Restrictions will almost guarantee no theft as only leader controls and assigns who takes what. 

If you have folks shady like that, than maybe you should of picked better officers in the first place.  Though a log system lets you know who's dipping into the honey pot and not giving back at least.

10 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

Warehouse logs and clan ship storage - that all we need. Maybe more detailed ranks with privileges.

Dry docks for ships or means to make ships into NOTES for later use would be nice too so you can build a bunch and stock them up until later and than give out to players of your clan that might need them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Dry docks for ships or means to make ships into NOTES for later use would be nice too so you can build a bunch and stock them up until later and than give out to players of your clan that might need them.

You should never have notes for insta-ships anywhere. That completely eliminates supply lines.

Prepackaged ships could work out. Assembly requiring the hours and an appropriate shipyard, but not the crafting level. The ship crafter would craft the package with the right level.

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If you have folks shady like that, than maybe you should of picked better officers in the first place.  Though a log system lets you know who's dipping into the honey pot and not giving back at least.

Dramas happen all the time, you can't predict anything. 

forged papers and some patience are a time bomb for warehouses :), but hey watch your glass roofs.

At least some are done very decent and honest and actually being a cell done by several players without resorting to any secondary account to spy or to sabotage.

Funny how things go unnoticed when some players play honest.

shady deals work both ways.