Game-Labs Forum

+5% penetration

Captain Lust

Question

10 answers to this question

It really depends on what guns you are using and what you want to do with them. Stacking penetration mods can be quite useful to make demasting viable again (I really hope they fix the mast thickness values soon), or make it easier to do at different ranges.

It can also make your ship more dangerous at range since you can sometimes penetrate the enemy's ship while they cannot dent yours. 

Another advantage would be allowing you to do more damage at various angles (think of it as a way to make your enemy have a harder time bouncing shots).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

demasting is good right now in my oppinion. 

My main problem with it right now is that, for many ships, you cannot demast the lower masts of that ship with the same guns the ship carries at 250 meters, sometimes not at all (even at point blank). This is due to the fact that the cannons the ship carries cannot penetrate the mast thickness of that ship.

I found that the thickness values post patch (the big patch/wipe in May) were fine, it was the HP that needed a significant buff to make the demasting less OP (because it would take longer to do).

Taking off topmasts and topgallants feels about right, but the lower masts are way too thick on most ships, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willis PVP2 said:

I found that the thickness values post patch (the big patch/wipe in May) were fine, it was the HP that needed a significant buff to make the demasting less OP (because it would take longer to do).

I think one of the high gods of demasting @Liquicity said something similar...

Edited by Captain Lust

5 hours ago, Captain Lust said:

I think one of the high gods of demasting @Liquicity said something similar...

lol pls there are far better peeps out there at demasting ^^

and yeah I think buffing HP is the way to go. stop messing with thickness please.

I would had to do the math to figure out if it'd be worth it to get pen. modules, since Im mostly using a surprise. Think it wouldnt change much tbh, when only having 1-2 mods

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Captain Lust said:

The percentages you get (3/5/6/7) seem kind of minuscule for a permanent slot...

I say nerf them to 1% or 2 % and put additional 20% crew requirements on them :P

4 minutes ago, Zoky said:

I say nerf them to 1% or 2 % and put additional 20% crew requirements on them :P

Funny enough, and not spending any sarcastic remarks, I envision the "knowledge" or "permanent" possibility in superior gunpowder of having the gunpowder tied to actual having to have the specific gunpowder in the ship, same as Carpenters / Northern actually need repairs you know :)