Game-Labs Forum

Is PVP Leaderboard working as intended?

Koltes

I chased an Indefatigable outside Carlisle.
He joined his missions just the moment I was about to tag him. Mission was against 6th rates (cerb and n.brig)

I boarded him and sunk him.
4FiAwqg.png

Going out of battle gave me 28 Combat Marks.
CPsZ6PZ.png

25 minutes later, checked the Leaderboard and nothing on it.
3xevp6W.png

zky1981.png

Looks like killing enemy in their missions not counted towards kills on leaderboard? Isn't it a way for them to deny you a kill?
Is this intended mechanic or just needs a fix?

Thank you for you hard work devs

I'm thinking it's because you boarded it. I know if you board and don't sink it, it doesn't count, but maybe there's a bug that if you board it at all, it doesn't count, even though you sink it later...? Just a guess.

As long as we're on the topic of possible bugs, I also think there's this going on:

I get 3 assists worth 20 marks and do not appear on the board.
I get 1 kill and 2 assists worth 20 marks in total and I do appear on the board, with 20 points.

It's like marks = points and assist points will count but only if you have at least one kill.

IMO it should just count your PvP mark income regardless of if it was a kill or assist. Seems a shame to have a hard workin' killer not get on the charts just because they were also a group player and only got a lot of assists.

Jumping missions does not count towards points on the leaderboard. Now I dont know if this is a bug or not but I like it. If you are jumping into a mission you are going for a target fitted for PVE not fully capable of defending itself against a PVP fitted ship and thus, in my opinion atleast, should not yield any points towards leaderboard rankings.

Edited by Lord Bomgordel
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Lord Bomgordel said:

Jumping missions does not count towards points on the leaderboard. Now I dont know if this is a bug or not but I like it. If you are jumping into a mission you are going for a target fitted for PVE not fully capable of defending itself against a PVP fitted ship and thus, in my opinion atleast, should not yield any points towards leaderboard rankings.

1st of all I didn't "jump" him. Jumping means you get them caught and jumped him unexpectedly. This one was running from from and used mission to "hide" or escape me. You think THAT should be allowed?
2nd He was in a heavy 5th rate vs 6th rates. I assure you I did all the work.

There was another bug today.
I got into boarding and lost the battle. CombatNews gave notification that such and such Brit sunk a pirate.
Then he switched ships. He took mine and sunk his own (because he already had 2 ships in the fleet).
The CombatNews gave another notification that Pirate Koltes sunk a brit player. Funny

• Like 1

PVP kills should be counted on the board regardless of instance type, will be checked.

1 hour ago, koltes said:

There was another bug today.
I got into boarding and lost the battle. CombatNews gave notification that such and such Brit sunk a pirate.
Then he switched ships. He took mine and sunk his own (because he already had 2 ships in the fleet).
The CombatNews gave another notification that Pirate Koltes sunk a brit player. Funny

This is a known issue, will be fixed but no ETA at the moment.

• Like 3