Game-Labs Forum

Didnt recieve Ship after capture with fleet perk

Friedthelt

Hello,

in the pvp battle shown below that took place today i captured a Wappen von Hamburg by boarding it. After i put crew on it and told it to sail away, my clanmate told me that he wanted to switch to it in the ongoing battle, so i told it to stop, sailed to it, took the crew away again and sailed away.

My clanmate then told me he couldnt access the ship, i tried to make it available for all, but couldnt do that. I then sailed to the wappen again and tried to take it back myself, but couldnt access it either.

I then reported this as a bug. During the battle, none other got near the ship again and noone captured it again. After the battle was over, neither i myself nor any other member of my nation who participated in the battle got the ship.

I expect the ship back, since i didnt intend to sink it, which it didnt.

Thanks.

F92A8E14BCBDD83FF135B29DD73FF90878B7D78F

@Friedthelt You stopped the ship, took of its crew and as such it couldn't retreat. Once you've taken possesion of a ship you can't switch possesion to another player. If you left the battle and the ship didn't you won't get it with you out.

2 hours ago, Bearwall said:

@Friedthelt You stopped the ship, took of its crew and as such it couldn't retreat. Once you've taken possesion of a ship you can't switch possesion to another player. If you left the battle and the ship didn't you won't get it with you out.

I told it to stop, not retreat, when taking the crew. I should be able to transfer crew to my captured ships, yes? I couldnt after that. Looks like a bug or at least not intended design to me.

2 hours ago, Friedthelt said:

I told it to stop, not retreat, when taking the crew. I should be able to transfer crew to my captured ships, yes? I couldnt after that. Looks like a bug or at least not intended design to me.

As I understand it you told it to stop - took back the crew after having placed crew on the ship to begin with. Obviously a ship with no crew cannot retreat. If you jumped to open world while the captured ship was unable to retreat you would not get it when you enter OW.

19 minutes ago, Friedthelt said:

@Bearwall

you are missing my point, i couldnt manage the crew after i took my crew back. i couldnt put crew on it again. i couldnt access the ship.

Arh well that must've been a bug then..

EDIT: unless your men, seeing the wappen is such an ugly bathtub of a ship, refused to board it and you couldn't find a captain desperate enough to sail the prize? ;)

Edited by Guest

Just now, Friedthelt said:

thats what i'm saying :D

Thats why i want that ship back, since i lost it to a bug.

Well gl getting a ship because of a bug, I still haven't received the two tbrigs I lost due to the TP bug.. But I prefer to sail indiamans anyway :)

8 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

EDIT: unless your men, seeing the wappen is such an ugly bathtub of a ship, refused to board it and you couldn't find a captain desperate enough to sail the prize? ;)

i was sailing a wappen at that time, so they had no choice in that matter :P

Proof:

CC71C5D860277206EBA678C657638183E33AE96E

Edited by Friedthelt

5 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Once you've taken possesion of a ship you can't switch possesion to another player.

Sorry for hijacking, but is there an exploit-prevention reason for this? What harm would come from handing off your own AI ships to allied captains, should you choose to mark them as such?

Edited by greybuscat
clarity

1 minute ago, greybuscat said:

Sorry for hijacking, but is there an exploit-prevention reason for this? What harm would come from handing off your own AI ships to allied captains, should you choose to mark them as such?

I have no idea, but perhaps it's a matter of item ownership and engine?