Game-Labs Forum

Danmark-Norge & Sweden: Cancelling treaties

Anolytic

3 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

You may call it blackmail, I disagree.  We only had the two options as we presented them to you. We were not willing as the Swedish, to wheedle away at the smaller nations in a race for the top that would leave the whole server in ruins. We only had the remaining two options to either cooperate between our two nations about sharing the the victory marks, a bad option all around, but good for our two nations and not devastating to the rest of the Caribbean, or our two nations would have to go to war.

Than why did you attack Grand Turk when you already saw (and knew + agreed on it) that we went to take those three regions in the bahamas?

Your statements and actions directly contradict themselfes.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, North said:

Swedes are just angry that we cought on to their decite before they had a chance to backstab us. Swedes will lose their morale quick and start not showing up to save ships. 

Danes: this is why we breath and live!!! WAR!!! Our resolve will not weaken.

Russian papa bear Babay will lead us to glorious victory!!!

You now why this will happen? Because this war is more or less going on since the game was released and its becoming boring always the same enemys the same area exspecially since the islands are so close together that you can swim to each others ... and it will only be a giant gankfest with the result that half of the playerbase has no interest to leave harbour anymore, or choose to resettle to some freetown or so but if you believe it is fun and great everyone has the right of a opinion ;)

8 minutes ago, North said:

Swedes are just angry that we cought on to their decite before they had a chance to backstab us. Swedes will lose their morale quick and start not showing up to save ships. 

Danes: this is why we breath and live!!! WAR!!! Our resolve will not weaken.

Russian papa bear Babay will lead us to glorious victory!!!

Finally a true word - you backstabed us. The Swedes had no intention to do that at any way. But actualy I do not wonder: From the time when VLTRA moved from Spanes to Danes I expected this thing to happen! Danes are not truestworthy.

7 minutes ago, Twig said:

Than why did you attack Grand Turk when you already saw (and knew + agreed on it) that we went to take those three regions in the bahamas?

Your statements and actions directly contradict themselfes.    

Danes fought a War with pirates. We risked our ships and faced an organised opponent. And we took only two ports, with limited economic value to the pirates, as spoils. And when we saw that the pirates had nothing with which to fight back, we decided to stand down. Whilst Sweden would not make any such commitment. Swedes fought no war, and risked no valuable ships, and yet found it fair for them to take 3 ports, in the economy base of pirates and including an important region, after Danes had done all the hard work against pirates.

When pirates became in trouble, we slowed down our conquest, and even cancelled almost all our targets, while Sweden only sped up.

15 minutes ago, Lonar said:

You now why this will happen? Because this war is more or less going on since the game was released and its becoming boring always the same enemys the same area exspecially since the islands are so close together that you can swim to each others ... and it will only be a giant gankfest with the result that half of the playerbase has no interest to leave harbour anymore, or choose to resettle to some freetown or so but if you believe it is fun and great everyone has the right of a opinion ;)

We did not want or seek this war. We attempted at every turn to avoid it. Even as we were told directly how the Swedish council was planning a war, and how they prepared for it and saw it as inevitable, we ignored it and kept to our generous attitude. The Swedish Council gave us no choice.

If the Swedish Council wants this Victory Marks system, and think it is a good system, then they must take the consequences and test it fully.

Too long has Sweden hidden in a corner of the map, safe behind the well protected borders of Danmark-Norge while able to sail out and bully other nations, only sail home to their safe little corner at the end of the day.

19 minutes ago, Twig said:

Finally a true word - you backstabed us. The Swedes had no intention to do that at any way. But actualy I do not wonder: From the time when VLTRA moved from Spanes to Danes I expected this thing to happen! Danes are not truestworthy.

We heard directly from Council representatives words to the opposite effect. That Sweden was preparing to backstab us. 

We did not backstab Sweden. We were very clear about our principles from the very beginning after the wipe. We drew a line in the sand, on not using our strong position in bullying small and weak nations, and Sweden stomped all over that line. 

• Like 7

Dunno why, but sorry Analytic that is completely not true.....bring names of ur strange resource in the swedish council instead of telling BS to everyone.

breaking up the rvr agreement is fully ok, swedes dont have any probs with it and after VLTRA joined ur nation it was just a matter of time that u will jump on us. but please dont make a fool of urself and stop talking about stupid reasons or just lies.

the same that u guys fight as men, u should behave as men! :)

• Like 1

I have always considered many Danes and many Swedes to be honorable - and, for some of them my friends - captains.
But this has not always been... I remember waging war against the Danes in my early years as a captain, and strugling to settle peace between France and Sweden one year aggo...

War can reveal the worst in someone, but it can also bring much more... May it strengthen the respect both of your nations have towards oneanother.

Regards.

• Like 10

The swedes risked their ships aswell in the screening for you in Puerto Plata and helped you to sink the Pirates after that.

If we wouldnt had fought in Sant Iago we probably would have screened in Cap-Francais aswell.

To attack Bahamas was decided already berfore we knew about the Victory Mark system. Nassau was captured just one or two days before it was included.

Bahamas was a just for fun thing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Danes fought a War with pirates. We risked our ships and faced an organised opponent. And we took only two ports, with limited economic value to the pirates, as spoils. And when we saw that the pirates had nothing with which to fight back, we decided to stand down. Whilst Sweden would not make any such commitment. Swedes fought no war, and risked no valuable ships, and yet found it fair for them to take 3 ports, in the economy base of pirates and including an important region, after Danes had done all the hard work against pirates.

So swedes fought no war with pirates? We helped you against them cause you needed it. They kept attacking us. They kept attacking our PB fleet / hostility raising fleet. This actualy counts as war actions mate!

For your information: We didnt even know about that the pirates struggle when we set the campaign to free the bahamas.

Further please tell us who told you about the "planed" backstabb of our nation against yours. Im a council member and I did not hear about it at any point.

If you would be as honorable as you say you are, you could have told us earlier about your problems with our campaign. You knew about it. But you did not. Your actions again prove that you are not telling the truth there.

You were able to set up the document extremely fast. Dont tell me or anyone that you could wrote it within 30 minutes after you called for our diplomate. That was planed for at least one day. You also had to talk with your nation about this matter and discuss everything. I know that you are not single ruled! This is a direct backstab and nothing else!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abram Svensson said:

Bahamas was a just for fun thing.

Exactly, and it sure has been fun, so few shallow port battles otherwise. Too bad that the Settlement isn't a regional capital ^^ 

50+ pirates showed up for Morgan's Bluff in equal ships and outnumbering us, while no one showed up for Grand Turk. And yet we're the "bullies", "not fighting a war" and "preying on weak nations". :rolleyes:

There must be a shortage of mirrors in Christianstedt, could make good money smuggling them into there.

10 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Exactly, and it sure has been fun, so few shallow port battles otherwise. Too bad that the Settlement isn't a regional capital ^^ 

50+ pirates showed up for Morgan's Bluff in equal ships and outnumbering us, while no one showed up for Grand Turk. And yet we're the "bullies", "not fighting a war" and "preying on weak nations". :rolleyes:

There must be a shortage of mirrors in Christianstedt, could make good money smuggling them into there.

1. Grant Turk is irrelevant for pirates compared to shallows.

2. Everyone and their mom can afford mercury.

3. Even when fighting weakened pirates you still were partly coordinating with US (First Morgans Bluff and Nassau hostility raising day you had jointed fleet of US and Swedes fighting pirates in US waters - hostility raising started only after your scouts saw pirate fleet about 40 mins away from shallows, second Morgans Bluff and George hostility raising day US tried to raise at Ays and again had significant pirate fleet stuck fighting there - again hostility raising started after significant pirate fleet was enganged. Showing you didn't do it for fun, you did it to win.

Edited by Aphilas
  • Like 2

I blame forged papers for that:P on the other hand we don`t have to sail so far away to get a fight now - very good. But as council member of Sweden - all backstabbing thing is a joke and never been discussed (at least with me). So somebody use rumors to start fight against each other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lonar said:

It's the proximity of the swedes that makes this war so exiting!! Nothing better than just slaying your neighbour, raping their lifestock and burning their houses to the grounds!

LOOKS LIKE SWEDE IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS (*NB customer advicement* Beware that swedes may contain trace amounts of meatballs)

14 minutes ago, GhastlyGhost said:

Dear, British friend 

Please back to capturing spanish ports :D, and stop "adding fuel to fire" in this topic.

Since the end of the war with Spain we havent attacked any port.

Your guys instead, despite the post of sveno, which set your relatons with Spain to Neutral, want again to conquer ports from a nation without any RvR capabilities, without even declaring war.

Verenigde-Provincien: Neutral , OW PvP  enemy
Espana: Neutral, OW PvP unfriendly
France: Neutral kinda, if they behave , OW PvP enemy
Great Britain: Neutral kinda, OW PvP unfriendly
Denmark-Norge: RvR Friendly, OW PvP extremely enemy
United States: Neutral kinda, we have a US country on this server?
Pirates: Short drop, sudden stop, Gustavia Square, what else, no discussions about that?

There you go, take it with a grain on salt.

EDIT 12JUL2017:
Stance for Spain changed from "WAR" to "NEUTRAL" because VLTRA clan committed high treason and left their country to die without a single conquest mark. Shame, shame shame.

Hyena_04_BuiltForTheKillV.jpg

Sveno & Rediii facebook profile.

Edited by Admiral Horatio Hornblower
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Aphilas said:

2. Everyone and their mom can afford mercury.

Exactly, best way to guarantee a fight. If we wanted to take empty ports (and easier ones that wouldn't be so far away and use ships already in the area) we'd have gone for Baracoa.

23 minutes ago, Aphilas said:

3. Even when fighting weakened pirates you still were partly coordinating with US (First Morgans Bluff and Nassau hostility raising day you had jointed fleet of US and Swedes fighting pirates in US waters - hostility raising started only after your scouts saw pirate fleet about 40 mins away from shallows, second Morgans Bluff and George hostility raising day US tried to raise at Ays and again had significant pirate fleet stuck fighting there - again hostility raising started after significant pirate fleet was enganged. Showing you didn't do it for fun, you did it to win.

The funny thing is that I had to double-check to find out if our attack on the US was real or not since only a few clans were involved :P From what I heard plenty of pirates showed up at first to counter Morgans Bluff's hostility but then sailed away instead of fighting. I only showed up for George's town with a handful of guys and saw no pirates whatsoever, so figured you didn't even want to try, couldn't care less about what the Americans were up to at the time.

33 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

Since the end of the war with Spain we havent attacked any port.

Your guys instead, despite the post of sveno, which set your relatons with Spain to Neutral, want again to conquer ports from a nation without any RvR capabilities, without even declaring war.

Sveno & Rediii facebook profile.

Wouldn't be using the hyena analogy all that often if I was about to be the one profiting the most from recent events while doing absolutely nothing. Or, hmm, no, that's more analogous of a vulture, at least hyenas walk on the ground.

1 hour ago, Kair said:

I have always considered many Danes and many Swedes to be honorable - and, for some of them my friends - captains.
But this has not always been... I remember waging war against the Danes in my early years as a captain, and strugling to settle peace between France and Sweden one year aggo...

War can reveal the worst in someone, but it can also bring much more... May it strengthen the respect both of your nations have towards oneanother.

Regards.

KAIR! MON AMI! you are still around!

• Like 1

We should let them have their way and move out of the north they don't need us apparently as a buffer on the pirates so lets go. Let the great Spanish defectors to the Danes deal with the onslaught of pirates that will come rolling around Jeremie when they rebuild as there will be no longer pressure from us and just sit back and watch the Dane nation argue about who is at fault for it happening.

Player shows no loyalty to a Nation they were in think they will be loyal to yours when shit hits fan. GL with that.

LV is no longer there calling the shots and holding back the pirates , guys that run it now are different they rebuild unchecked Danes will be first hit hard your the closest "Large" enemy. And they will have all the ports back close to their capital.

Wish you luck your going to need it.

1 hour ago, Aphilas said:

As has been stated in other threads, the only purpose of the Swedish-America coordination efforts was to get conquest marks flowing for the USA again by flipping Wilmington. However the Swedes and the Americans had no idea the developers would completely change the system the very next day or we would never have bothered to work together on that. When a pirate fleet showed up outside Little River to interfere with the hostility-raising, it only made sense that USA and the Swedish clan members who offered to help with the effort should work together to sink your fleet so the plan could be completed. We have ships and buildings to liberate at Ays, nothing more. Once that is over you have your war with Sweden, the USA has no alliance with them and will not interfere. However this latest development between Sweden and Denmark might make it very interesting and I would say that pirates have a better chance than ever to reclaim some of those lost regions..

Over-expansion will ruin any nation regardless of how large they are. Perhaps if pirates had been in the Bahamas instead of poking their noses into business far north at Little River, the Swedes would have had a much harder time even raising hostility around Morgan's Bluff and Nassau to begin with, but it is hard to defend something when you are on the other side of the map..

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 1

Too much forum PvP, not enough NA PvP.

Blah blah Swedes took a port from a weak nation (that still owns the whole Gulf and is on top of leaderboards but okay), Danes backstabbed/blackmailed/*insert your favourite NN buzzword here* us... who cares! Youre all taking it too personal!

Btw, could you place an add in your next newspaper issue? I see the salt market growing...

• Like 7