Game-Labs Forum

Masts and rigging damage

clearing mast wreckage as a reason to use a damage chit.

I think using a rep to regain your masts is ok as is, what I was suggesting is a wait time indicator similar to the wait while boarding or capturing (slightly longer wait though) to replicate the time taken to clear the wreckage away. that will only allow you to continue with the masts (if any) you have left. if you want masts (to some extent) back - THEN you will rep sails.

cheers

Dazed

P.S thanks for your feedback

• 1 month later...

Demasting getting out of hand...........I have seen a single player demast no less than 8 mast in a single game....mast hitboxes are way to big and easy to hit...now that players have figured out where they are....

Demasting getting out of hand...........I have seen a single player demast no less than 8 mast in a single game....mast hitboxes are way to big and easy to hit...now that players have figured out where they are....

I have witnessed more and more of this as well.  Hopefully 4.0 can clear this up

Repair visuals are fine for a computer game. 

Nice try.

Lets not waste time fiction and just use facts. We can prove everything with have in the game by written research or references. if you argue them provide scans of sources.

Ships were carrying spare yards, mast parts and canvas. Very often.

They may have carried these parts but if we are going to talk facts what was the time for a crew to replace a mast and all the rigging? I work in the electrical field and I know what it takes to replace a power pole and the lines during a storm. That is using trucks and the ground isn't moving beneath me. Not to mention that setting up a main mast and rigging is way more busy and complicated. I bet its longer than 15 mins. More like find a bay somewhere and spend a week at it.

For game play I'm fine with a repair option but I would think that the masts should be harder to take down and a long time to repair like once back in the open world after a battle IF you survived then you go into repair mode. I might make battles a little shorter but makes more sense to me but hey that's me.

JMHO

I just noticed I'm replying to a post from last year and many things have changed. hah Oh well I still think de-masting should be a big deal and not just a quick repair.

post-11799-0-66607400-1426628119_thumb.jpg

Edited by StuffinBeard

Or do you realize you lost and its time to run or die?

I'm not saying in the name of game play we shouldn't have a repair just seems to me it looks kinda magical to see a mast being repaired as quick as it does.

The hull repairs don't show up as hokey to me but maybe they are just as unrealistic as far as time to repair goes.

I'm all for having fun so if that's what people want I'll go with it.