Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike the Mongel

Replenishing Crew while in Boarding ? this is possible?

Have seen this on some live fights recorded and noticed xxx player able to replenish crew while in boarding fight, some of us have questioned this and was told it was put in by DEVs for some reason, not really sure.

Bottom line is this really is a messed up mechanic...well my opinion anyways

5 minutes ago, kovah said:

I understand that part, but this is after quite a few minutes in the boarding action the player hits a few keys and he starts to replenish crew, also been told you can even do rig and hull repairs.

I have not personally tested this but as I understand it the options are still available even though they are no longer visible.  

What kovah said. Was waiting for a chance to try it again before submitting a bug report on it but I'm like 95% sure that worked when I tried it a couple days ago.

To be clear, you just press 5 3 as if the options were visible and it seems to work.

Whether the bug is that you can't see the buttons, but you should, or whether the bug is that you can use them, but you shouldn't, is a question.

You can hit it right before you get grappled and it will keep healing crew.

I don't think it's a huge problem, but it would be nice if surgeon did require a percentage of existing crew to tend to the wounded, much in the same way rig and hull repairs require you to allocate crew to the 'repair' task.

Unless there is just one surgeon working without help, in which case he's a hell of a guy and deserves captain's shares.

Not only before you get boarded. It also works during the Boarding. The repair options wont come up when you press 5, but if you press 3 itll work just the same.

7 hours ago, Liquicity said:

Not only before you get boarded. It also works during the Boarding.

I can confirm this, tested it yesterday.

it works I can confirm this, being ganked, then boarded and my opponent replenishes crew although there is no "5" repair oprion visible.....

You can repair, and use rum... you can also fire your cannons just after you hit G and the grapple begins.   

Strange, this mechanic!

I wonder why don't they give Nelson some rum, he would have jumped up on his feet so the frenches had to shoot him 2-3 more times. If only they knew what GameLabs does know.

Edited by AxIslander

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 3:40 AM, AxIslander said:

Strange, this mechanic!

I wonder why don't they give Nelson some rum, he would have jumped up on his feet so the frenches had to shoot him 2-3 more times. If only they knew what GameLabs does know.

Aye,  this mechanic has to go...it just don't make sense in my opinion

On 7/16/2017 at 8:27 AM, Mike the Mongel said:

I understand that part, but this is after quite a few minutes in the boarding action the player hits a few keys and he starts to replenish crew, also been told you can even do rig and hull repairs.

Which is why all repairs ect should take place SLOWLY over the full length of the cool down. Plus you do repairs during boarding those guys need to be removed from the defenders numbers same for the guys manning Survival if your burning or sinking